Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

This all sounds very interesting. I like the addition of the "quest of the day". Its one of my more favorite things from the more recent MMO's. I wonder, will the quest of the day ever be a Challenge instead of a quest?

Also, how do these changes effect the XP of wilderness area's? Maybe a bonus for completing the S/E/R like the Saga?
    The problem is never how to get new, innovative thoughts into your mind, but how to get old ones out. Every mind is a building filled with archaic furniture. Clean out a corner of your mind and creativity will instantly fill it.
    Dee Hock

The way I interpreted the "daily bonus" was that it applied to all quests individually, encouraging people not to farm but to instead run every quest once and move on to the next one.

EDIT: This was also my 1337th post ^_^
    Last edited by djl; 06-20-2013 at 12:24 AM.

I like everything I read in the OP. Thumbs up!

My reading of the daily quest completion bonus is that it applies to all quests always. I interpret this as a persistent bravery bonus mechanic to encourage running a variety of quests instead of window farming the good ones.

Like some of this not a fan of the xp ransack reset it will decrease the variety of quests being ran some I think not a lot maybe but it will have an effect.

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

Quote Originally Posted by Uska View Post
    Like some of this not a fan of the xp ransack reset it will decrease the variety of quests being ran some I think not a lot maybe but it will have an effect.
    How do you figure? Nothing is really going to change regarding quest farming variety, even if they nerf those specific quests. Powergamers will always discover the most efficient method to grind and do it, ignoring everything else.

This change will make TRing so much simpler because you will no longer have to worry about how many completions you do of this or that and what impact it will have on your Epic leveling plans. You can run whatever you like, with no long-term consequences. It will be quite refreshing.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by AZgreentea View Post
    Also, how do these changes effect the XP of wilderness area's? Maybe a bonus for completing the S/E/R like the Saga?
    Yes, please add Saga's for completing Wilderness Areas. Having a reward for completing all the slayers, explorers and rares has been something many of us have asked for. This is usually an area of the game most people skip, so adding some incentive to completing them would be nice for the few players that attempt the slayer grind (although some of the slayer numbers are completely unrealistic for the size of their maps and number of spawns, such as the three House C maps).

Quote Originally Posted by Uska View Post
    The XP ransack will be a boon for players who play casually, players with multiple toons, players who have returned after a long break and players with few or no packs. If you haven't logged into your toon for a while, you're not sure which quests you've ran the XP into the ground or not. Having the XP reset after a period of time helps solve that problem.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleFooz View Post

We’ve previously mentioned in our Reincarnation discussions that we’ll be reworking the XP curve to be less steep for 2nd and 3rd life reincarnations. Those curves will be ameliorated, so that the increase in XP needed to level isn’t such a drastic increase in the 15-20 range, and so that the lower level ranges require move XP to level. ...

While you're looking at "flattening the XP curve", can that also include a glance at maybe flattening exponential increase in Slayer kills required for XPs in explorer areas?

Meanwhile, big /props @ the XP ransack reset - as long as it's some reasonable time frame.
    Last edited by cdbd3rd; 06-20-2013 at 04:07 AM.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies ____ Monster Manual

Best news I've heard in MONTHS.

Community Member

Thumbs up

Plz remove Guild decay and everything is fine :-)

Quote Originally Posted by cdbd3rd View Post
    While you're looking at "flattening the XP curve", can that also include a glance at maybe flattening exponential increase in Slayer kills required for XPs in explorer areas?
    Or just increase the number of monsters per instance, The Red Fens is a prime example of this you have about 150 ish monsters per instance (not sure on exact numbers so my apologies if I'm wrong) and yet the slayer count goes up to 7,500! Just add more monsters please.

Stoner81.

PS - Cannith Manufactory is also the same, those are the main two I can think of but I bet there are others.

Default 2 Questions

If you are willing to share, I have 2 questions about these changes:

1). Will the Dev's institute an easier mechanic to get to FR? While Leveling in the Dead Zone (15+) I often want to go to FR but can't. The bridge quest is Level 16. By the time I run the LoD chain, I am Level 18 to preserve the Bravery Streak and have XP grinded past the Level 15 content available in FR.

I understand that BB and XP grinding isn't needed, but this is how I enjoy the game.

2). About the XP ransack timer: will it be Identical to the Chest timer?
    Characters: Celemia / Tukson / Thau (Broken link) / Atremus

“A pessimist is one who feels bad when he feels good for fear he'll feel worse when he feels better.”

Community Member

I'd heard that the 'ransacked' xp starts on the 3rd repetition. If that's the case would like to see that relaxed a bit. There are some short quests that I actually enjoy running more than that.

Also, please make sure that, just like currently on live, the new 'ransacked' xp does not apply at cap (25 or 28 depending on when this goes live). There shouldn't be any xp degradation ever at cap...it just makes it harder to work on epic destinies.

I definitely agree with some of the player comments about xp 'dead zones'. If you flatten the curve pay special attention to quests in the level range and doubly important quests that people actually enjoy running in the level range.

Other than those issues I'm looking forward to these changes. It's definitely a step in the right direction.
    Tajawuka 9 monk/8 ranger/3 arti AA (3 ranger/monk/fighter pl's) - Toolbots working on Morninglord Cleric life #2 (3 wizard/sorc/druid pl) - Evisra 28 rogue

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleFooz View Post

We hope you’ve enjoyed this early look, as we’d like to continue these types of posts to let players peek behind the DM screen a bit more ahead of Shadowfell Conspiracy.

- PurpleFooz

This is epic.
    Absolutely fantastic to hear this, and to read about it.
    As many enthusiastic +1's as I can possibly give, consider them granted.

It's very nice to hear that things are being spread out more evenly with the xp curves, and the addition of the saga NPC's with rewards sounds great. The Daily Bonus is an excellent idea as well. The ransack XP idea is excellent, glad you guys chose to listen to the players on this.

Yes, these early previews are indeed much appreciated. Thanks for all your (and all the rest of the team's!) hard work!!!!

P.S. For some reason, you don't show up in the Dev Tracker. I stumbled across this post accidentally.
    Whether or not your official title is Dev, I would expect that you would fall into this posting category. Just thought I'd let you know.

EDIT - D'oh, yes you are in lammania, not the standard one, no wonder. *Shambles off for more coffee* Whoops!
    Last edited by danotmano1998; 06-20-2013 at 09:47 AM.
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

2014 DDO Players Council Flavilandile's Avatar

ok, I'm not going to give the long answer yet... But I'm going to ask questions :

- Does your brainstorm about XP Changes involves eventually getting rid of the Bravery 'Retarded' Streak ?
    - Does your brainstorm about XP Changes involves eventually considering putting back an old system to replace the above one ?
    - Does your brainstorm about XP Changes involves all the quests already in game along with those that are not there yet ?

I'll do a long answer depending on the answers to that... But the idea to work on XPs has some interest, I just hope it won't go the way the Enhancement Crash and the Epic TR Fail....
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by danotmano1998 View Post
    P.S. For some reason, you don't show up in the Dev Tracker. I stumbled across this post accidentally.
    Whether or not your official title is Dev, I would expect that you would fall into this posting category. Just thought I'd let you know.
    It shows up for me in the Lammania Dev Tracker. Don't think Lammania threads ever showed up in the normal dev tracker.
    TPICKRELL forum identity still broken, 15 weeks and counting... So yet another throw away Forum identity

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Atremus View Post
    If you are willing to share, I have 2 questions about these changes:

1). Will the Dev's institute an easier mechanic to get to FR? While Leveling in the Dead Zone (15+) I often want to go to FR but can't. The bridge quest is Level 16. By the time I run the LoD chain, I am Level 18 to preserve the Bravery Streak and have XP grinded past the Level 15 content available in FR.
    There is a new portal that will take you to the Spinner's prison which allows you to skip the lvl 16 quests and go straight to FR.

To go to FR through the new portal you need to complete LoD and The road of a lot of Spiders and Priestesses quest. Once those two quests are complete you can hit the portal and do the bridge quest and wind up in the cavern. Without doing the 2 flagging quests, the temporary portal does not grant instant access to FR.

This portal will probably disappear when 18.2 comes out and the spinner of shadows quest is fixed.
    Last edited by Atremus; 06-20-2013 at 09:17 AM.
    Characters: Celemia / Tukson / Thau (Broken link) / Atremus

“A pessimist is one who feels bad when he feels good for fear he'll feel worse when he feels better.”

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by mortifer_rex View Post
    There is a new portal that will take you to the Spinner's prison which allows you to skip the lvl 16 quests and go straight to FR.
    That may go away in the next update. It was put there because Spinner of Shadows is closed and it should be opening back up.
    Tajawuka 9 monk/8 ranger/3 arti AA (3 ranger/monk/fighter pl's) - Toolbots working on Morninglord Cleric life #2 (3 wizard/sorc/druid pl) - Evisra 28 rogue

While this sounds all nice and fuzzy, I’d still rather see them go back and reevaluate the base XP for most of the adventures in game. One of my biggest pet peeves in DDO is completing a long arduous quest and getting a pitiful XP reward on completion. (ex. Most of Amrath.)

Since you devs like math formulas, try this:

Adventure Base XP = Adventure level*1,000*Length of Quest modifier.

Quest Modifier
    • Very Short = 0.25 Modifier
    • Short = 0.5 Modifier
    • Medium = 0.75 Modifier
    • Long = 1.0 Modifier
    • Very Long = 2.0 Modifier

(And, yes there will have to be some quest length reevaluation done. {Looking at you, Hold for Reinforcements.})
    Things that if Turbine went all EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on, would actually make the game fun again.:
    • Giving us the racial PrE’s we were promised, before rolling out DDOStore™ Enhancement Trees.
    • Fixing physical defense for Rangers and Rogues. It’s ridiculous that you’re better off wearing Heavy Armor and ignoring your innate feats on these classes.
    • Cannith Crafting.
    • Update the named loot to put them on the same system.
    • Fixing the Cannith Challenges so that they can be 6 starred without incredible luck or store bought items.
    • Fixing all challenges to give us decent XP and ingredient returns for the unreasonable time we have to spend in most of them.

*reads thread*

*sees repetition penalty removal*

*stops reading*

*DANCES*

That...is phenomenal news. Especially for my style of doing a TR - I don't have 24 hour TRs. I have 9-10 month TRs. I have three characters at Epic levels and two or three TR'ing at any point, and then experimental alts; I play toons according to what I feel like doing at the time.

So, what I'm reading is thus: I take a couple weeks off from the TR grind, and when I come back I can rerun quests I really like (not necessarily top-XP quests, but ones that I enjoy) and not be penalized?

The daily quests are nice and all, and I look forward to the Saga System, but that I'm no longer tied to running quests I loathe specifically because they're high-xp or have groups running them frequently is awesome. I can now resume avoiding Heywire's Foundry and Offering of Blood until I have to flag for the raids. Hooray!
    Thelanis - Dragons of the Shire
    Naeryna (Sun Elf 24 FvS Evoker) // Dianocia (Drow 11 Buckler o' Swashes) // Valissia (Elf 22 Shiradi Druid)
    Nae haz a story. Go read it.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast