Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Question More questions

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleFooz View Post
    Next a new daily bonus is being added to quest completions. Every day, a quest will have a bonus added to the base XP value. Playing the quest on any difficulty level qualifies for this daily bonus.
    Thanks for the news. More information is needed.

I play only one toon nowadays. What are the odds that the "quest of the day" will be in my level range?

If the system is different then "quest of the day" can we hear how it will work?

Thank you.
    "So maybe it's about time we all get a reality check and realize that if you raid, run epics, and have capped toons and worry about ED's TR's and all that jazz, you are a small part of the population of this game, a very small part in fact." -- Ungood

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by TBot1234 View Post
    Thanks for the news. More information is needed.

I play only one toon nowadays. What are the odds that the "quest of the day" will be in my level range?

If the system is different then "quest of the day" can we hear how it will work?

Thank you.
    I too suspect that it's basically going to be "quest of the day". If you're curious about what the odds are, here it is:

01 - 3%
    02 - 5%
    03 - 6%
    04 - 5%
    05 - 6%
    06 - 5%
    07 - 5%
    08 - 5%
    09 - 5%
    10 - 4%
    11 - 5%
    12 - 3%
    13 - 3%
    14 - 2%
    15 - 3%
    16 - 4%
    17 - 4%
    18 - 2%
    19 - 4%
    20 - 3%
    21 - 5%
    22 - 4%
    23 - 2%
    24 - 4%
    25 - 1%
    26 - 0%
    27 - 1%
    28 - 0%

I took the number of quests at each level (including raids) and divided it by the number of total quest (363), then rounded upward. That includes the 10 quests in the upcoming expansion, which we've been told are 5 for level 16 and 5 at level 27. Level 25 was rounded up to 1%, but is really 0.002%.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by digital_terror1 View Post
    2. I ran a 12th life TR from 1-20+ easily, never repeating any quest more than twice total. First run elite, then for those quests with really nice rewards or high exp I may have done a single hard and a single normal run. MOST levels I left several bravery bonus eligible quests undone because I capped out on the exp needed. I was capping out every single level all the way up to 19...and only had to consider farming anything at that point for my last 2 ranks to 20. Rarely used an xp pot unless I obtained it from the daily dice. First thing I did after taking my next level was to clean up the quests left behind 1 run each on elite. Doing this life in this manner has led me to believe that MOST of the 'lack of xp' that players experience at any level is due more to taking levels too soon and not working the system that is already in place, i.e. the bravery bonus system.
    As a VIP I tend agree with what you're feeling above. Not sure if that holds true for those who don't have access to all content, but I agree that if players arent capping out and running everything at level or no more than two above before they cap, they're leaving xp on the table.

On the other hand, I took a different toon and grouped with someone TRs who repeated the living bejesus out of a handful quests and reached 20 quickly, but left a large amount of content unplayed that I had to go back and re-run for favor.

Exclamation Unable to update - Unspecified patch error

I am unable to update the Lamannia launcher. After it downloads the 'update game data' to 100%, it shows unspecified patch error, and doesn't move to the next 'disconnect part'.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    The Stormreach Campaign
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

When you said very soon last week, does that mean we'll have it this week?

Any news greatly appreciated, there are a lot of people especially keen to see the improvements made since the alpha version to see the impact of the torrent of feedback and the surveys.

8 weeks yesterday till the expansion release. Hopefully enough time and resource available to gather feedback, refine and troubleshoot before the release.

Next a new daily bonus is being added to quest completions.
    Notice the "s" on quest completions.
    Every day, a quest will have a bonus added to the base XP value.
    Which leads me to believe the "a" in this sentence is a generalization pronoun,
    not a singularization pronoun.
    Playing the quest on any difficulty level qualifies for this daily bonus.
    Which leads me to believe the "the" in this sentence is simply referral.

But time will tell...

Quote Originally Posted by oradafu View Post
    I too suspect that it's basically going to be "quest of the day". If you're curious about what the odds are, here it is:

01 - 3%
    02 - 5%
    03 - 6%
    04 - 5%
    05 - 6%
    06 - 5%
    07 - 5%
    08 - 5%
    09 - 5%
    10 - 4%
    11 - 5%
    12 - 3%
    13 - 3%
    14 - 2%
    15 - 3%
    16 - 4%
    17 - 4%
    18 - 2%
    19 - 4%
    20 - 3%
    21 - 5%
    22 - 4%
    23 - 2%
    24 - 4%
    25 - 1%
    26 - 0%
    27 - 1%
    28 - 0%

I took the number of quests at each level (including raids) and divided it by the number of total quest (363), then rounded upward. That includes the 10 quests in the upcoming expansion, which we've been told are 5 for level 16 and 5 at level 27. Level 25 was rounded up to 1%, but is really 0.002%.
    You are too cool for words. Thanks. It illustrates my feeling that a "quest of the day" system will not anything to jump up and down about, since there is only at most a 6% chance I'll be able to run the quest of the day.
    "So maybe it's about time we all get a reality check and realize that if you raid, run epics, and have capped toons and worry about ED's TR's and all that jazz, you are a small part of the population of this game, a very small part in fact." -- Ungood

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by TBot1234 View Post
    You are too cool for words. Thanks. It illustrates my feeling that a "quest of the day" system will not anything to jump up and down about, since there is only at most a 6% chance I'll be able to run the quest of the day.
    If the daily bonus is a "quest of the day" type system, you should have a better than 6% chance for most levels. That's because you can always do a quest on elite while you are two levels over, which most people who TR appear to do.

If they are going with a "quest of the day" system, I'd like to see all the level 1 quests removed from circulation and possibly even the level 2 quests. I'd also remove the handful of solo quests. If the grouping for raids was healthy (like it was pre-MOTU), I'd suggest removing them also from rotation; but since the grouping is so poor for raids now, I'd keep them in rotation also. I'd also probably adjust the chances upward of getting the bonus for quests that are rarely ran at level and/or contain poor XP.

I really hope it's for all quests, not just one randomly selected quest each day. But if it must be a single randomly selected quest each day, I would remove all raids and all F2P quests from the rotation. This would eliminate all level 1 & 2 quests, as well as all those raids people run for 0 XP because there's always a 25 in the group. (eg: Shroud.) Plus it would encourage VIP/Premium via incentive as opposed to punishing F2P with penalties, which is always nice.

The more I think about it, the more unworkable a single random quest system is. Imagine today's quest is...Tangleroot part 8.

Couple comments...

1) I see no mention of upping xp in horrible xp/min quests right now such as cannith challenges(after first run), amaranth, cannith quests... That is troubling. There is very low hanging fruit out there which is a blight on quest design right now when it comes to xp...those should have never shown up in game as they are.

2) quest ransack reset...could be great could be a mess depending on the numbers...ransack at 3 times and weeks to reset would be a disaster for example...

3) Rebalancing TR 2/3 xp curves...okay higher level nneds too just come down...lower level DOES NOT NEED to be increased....my favor log is pretty full already in that lower range...no need to add lots of grinding down there...I mean more runs of WW really seems like a needed game change to anyone???
    Proud Recipient of At least 8 Negative Rep From NA Threads.
    Main: Sharess
    Alts: Avaril/Cyr/Cyrillia/Garagos/Inim/Lamasa/Ravella

Default I almost Cried in Joy...almost

Fixxing Exp Curves is always nice.

Unless is for making them longer.

The only flaw, is that the lower levels would take longer, because they would require more experience.
    Not only starter quests are long, and with low exp in comparison to the latter quests, but they are also LONG. Misery's Peak is minimum 15 minutes, for me, solo. 1st time i ran it? 23 minutes. Even now, on a 6 man party takes 12 minutes.
    This would only increase exp-farming, and that is boring. And remember kids, Boring is Bad. BAD.
    I'd rather play 3 hours of 12 different quests than 30 minutes of Kobold's New Ringleader everyday.

The rest was Gold! Take the pyrite out!

If the grouping for raids was healthy (like it was pre-MOTU), I'd suggest removing them also from rotation; but since the grouping is so poor for raids now, I'd keep them in rotation also. I'd also probably adjust the chances upward of getting the bonus for quests that are rarely ran at level and/or contain poor XP.[/QUOTE]

The problem is, how many raids are ran at level except for TS or maybe FoT and CitW?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolfe View Post
    If the grouping for raids was healthy (like it was pre-MOTU), I'd suggest removing them also from rotation; but since the grouping is so poor for raids now, I'd keep them in rotation also. I'd also probably adjust the chances upward of getting the bonus for quests that are rarely ran at level and/or contain poor XP.
    The problem is, how many raids are ran at level except for TS or maybe FoT and CitW?[/QUOTE]

I usually do VoN 5-6 with BB in most of my TRs, very good xp.

But honestly, I don't understand the reasons behind these changes... It seems everyday a new completionist pops up on my home server (Cannith), everywhere I go, a lot of legend characters are around... so, it's probably NOT THAT BAD to level up, TRing is just booooooming right now... I do it as well, it was never such as easy as now, and I did a lot of legend lives. The only possible problem, as others already mentioned, the low base xp of the lvl 17-20 quests (compared to their length and difficulty).

So, my honest question is, what is the REAL reason for the changes, when you can fix the issue easily with higher xp on lvl 17-20 area. I'm waiting for an answer here...

Quote Originally Posted by Yalinaa View Post
    The problem is, how many raids are ran at level except for TS or maybe FoT and CitW?

I usually do VoN 5-6 with BB in most of my TRs, very good xp.

But honestly, I don't understand the reasons behind these changes... It seems everyday a new completionist pops up on my home server (Cannith), everywhere I go, a lot of legend characters are around... so, it's probably NOT THAT BAD to level up, TRing is just booooooming right now... I do it as well, it was never such as easy as now, and I did a lot of legend lives. The only possible problem, as others already mentioned, the low base xp of the lvl 17-20 quests (compared to their length and difficulty).

So, my honest question is, what is the REAL reason for the changes, when you can fix the issue easily with higher xp on lvl 17-20 area. I'm waiting for an answer here...
    to spotlight/advertise/draw interest to the lesser run packs... Restless Isles... Threnal... Delera's Sidequests... Breathe some life into all the forgotten little quests that no one bothers with...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Systern View Post
    ... Restless Isles... Threnal...
    Oh... When I do TR I still prefer the FUN, so... If I want pain, I guess, I could watch some Uwe Boll movies instead... or something equivalent.

Currently the "Daily completion bonus" is active on Lamannia and its not a "quest of the day" bonus but a +20% of base to every quest the first time you run it in a given day.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Eilyen View Post
    Currently the "Daily completion bonus" is active on Lamannia and its not a "quest of the day" bonus but a +20% of base to every quest the first time you run it in a given day.
    Ooh, nice.

Definitely incentive to spread the questing around instead of repeating in the same day.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Quote Originally Posted by myliftkk_v2 View Post
    As a VIP I tend agree with what you're feeling above. Not sure if that holds true for those who don't have access to all content, but I agree that if players arent capping out and running everything at level or no more than two above before they cap, they're leaving xp on the table.

On the other hand, I took a different toon and grouped with someone TRs who repeated the living bejesus out of a handful quests and reached 20 quickly, but left a large amount of content unplayed that I had to go back and re-run for favor.
    I think, and agree with, the xp changes despite how easy it is to gain levels through first running everything on elite. Ultimately we have to look at the system as a whole. DnD is about choice. You choose adventures and paths to glory that are for you to relive and tell. This new change can allow a rogue to go all rogue. Do quests that are perfect for the rogue to shine in. And reach the same level as the mage who did every quest, or the fighter who did only quests he or she would excel at.

Quote Originally Posted by Alistina View Post
    I am unable to update the Lamannia launcher. After it downloads the 'update game data' to 100%, it shows unspecified patch error, and doesn't move to the next 'disconnect part'.

Any help would be much appreciated.
    There is an issue with the patcher. To get around it, right click on the shortcut for lamannia, choose properties, then add -invoker at the end of the target box. It should be a path to the launcher exe a space and -invoker (c:\programfiles(x86)\turbine\lamannia\launcher.ex e -invoker). When you relaunch it, it should properly update with a bunch of new UI's.

Your issue may not be that, but that was the most recent workaround. Also, you can go to the lamannia folder, into the backup folder, and drag those contents back to the main folder, replacing everything, and essentially roll the build back and force a new update past whatever build you have that is broken. My son had some patching issues and we did that among some other things to try and get it patching again. You can move the patch bin file from the game directory to also invalidate and force re-downloading of patches as well, iirc.

Community Member

Default derp

Very soon we’ll be opening Lamannia with the newest version of Enhancements. Included in that version of the game code are several new features and changes coming to quest XP in the expansion. We wanted to highlight what’s coming with a very early write up, because the changes that you’ll see on Lamannia are not yet ready for testing, and include a lot of place-holder numbers. Today we wanted to talk about the changes so that you have some insight into what features are coming.
    - PurpleFooz

How about you add a enhancement tree solely for spellpower for arcanes/divines especially arcanes so they will not be stomped into the ground completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    There's a TON of quests for a level 12-14 to run... At 12 you can run Threnal, Sorrowdusk, Restless Isles, VON 5-6... Then after that you have GH, Sands, Droam Invasion quests, Relic of Sovereign Past, Invaders, some house J undead stuff...

Those are the most fun levels (you just got your greensteel out of the bank), and there's plenty to do.
    You forgot Tempest Spine (l10, 12 on elite).

Is flattening the level ranges of some of the older packs also in the cards? Such as the above-mentioned Sorrowdusk, which is levels 6-10.
    It was the night before Hogswatch....

Optimus Prime/Grimlock 2016 Because in diplomacy, sending in the Dinobots is the only answer.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast