Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415
    2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    Actually no it won't.

Speed levelers will do one of three things

1) Quit in disgust
    2) Run multiple trs at a time and wait ransack out and make no other changes
    3) Have a new speed path that includes a couple more quests but it will all still be guild and channel runs and do nothing good as far as improving the experience of the playerbase.
    So far, I see these changes as good because non-speed runners will run a wider range of quests to take the advantage of the daily and ransack timers.

Quote Originally Posted by Systern View Post
    Still wanna know how this impacts Litany, which you are required to complete 4 times.
    The way I understand it (please correct me if I am wrong), you could run E/H/N for your first three completions, with no penalties (and a +20% daily bonus for the first one) and then either; 1) do a 4th completion on the same day with a -20% penalty, or; 2) wait until the next day and get your 4th completion at any difficulty with a +20% bonus. I don't see either of those scenarios as game-brakingly horrible...

Quote Originally Posted by Seikojin View Post
    So far, I see these changes as good because non-speed runners will run a wider range of quests to take the advantage of the daily and ransack timers.
    They were likely doing one and done or something like that anyways so there is no real change. Where's the positive in that?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by xMund View Post
    The way I understand it (please correct me if I am wrong), you could run E/H/N for your first three completions, with no penalties (and a +20% daily bonus for the first one) and then either; 1) do a 4th completion on the same day with a -20% penalty, or; 2) wait until the next day and get your 4th completion at any difficulty with a +20% bonus. I don't see either of those scenarios as game-brakingly horrible...
    I ran Elite once with first time and daily bonus, then Elite again without bonus. The third time I entered Elite with -20% ransack penalty; I recalled, then entered on Hard with first time bonus, no ransack penalty...

tl;dr
    Can run every diff once, plus make one more run without ransack penalty.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Community Member BinyaminTsadik's Avatar

I really like the saga idea, the added mechanic to track which difficulty you ran the chain on can also be used for chain endrewards. For example, when you run the entire druid's deep chain on Epic Elite, at the very end you get to chose from a heroic normal end reward - not even epic normal. So by tracking the difficulty you can get a suitable endreward for those chains also.

Keep up the good work.
    Instead of complaining that there are no healers, go roll one...

Community Member BinyaminTsadik's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seikojin View Post
    ransack timer bypass anybody?
    Instead of complaining that there are no healers, go roll one...

Quote Originally Posted by BinyaminTsadik View Post
    ransack timer bypass anybody?
    If you want to buy it.

Wouldn't affect me any.
    Magical Rings are well... magical. - Gandalf

Question

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleFooz View Post

Next a new daily bonus is being added to quest completions. Every day, a quest will have a bonus added to the base XP value. Playing the quest on any difficulty level qualifies for this daily bonus.

- PurpleFooz
    Sorry if this has already been covered but I can't read an eight-page thread on my phone.

How will a daily bonus work? Does it apply to every quest every day? Does this mean that eventually even Three-Barrel Cove will be totally loaded with XP?

Quote Originally Posted by geoffhanna View Post
    Sorry if this has already been covered but I can't read an eight-page thread on my phone.

How will a daily bonus work? Does it apply to every quest every day? Does this mean that eventually even Three-Barrel Cove will be totally loaded with XP?
    Each quest you run gets a 20% bonus the 1st time.
    Magical Rings are well... magical. - Gandalf

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Tscheuss View Post
    I ran Elite once with first time and daily bonus, then Elite again without bonus. The third time I entered Elite with -20% ransack penalty; I recalled, then entered on Hard with first time bonus, no ransack penalty...

tl;dr
    Can run every diff once, plus make one more run without ransack penalty.
    Thanks for the correction :-)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by xMund View Post
    Thanks for the correction :-)
    Np. I had had similar questions, so I ran a set just for the purpose of seeing for my self. Besides, I wanted to see whether they put back the incremental ransack decrease for every different quest run. They didn't. *sigh*

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Grosbeak07 View Post
    Each quest you run gets a 20% bonus the 1st time.
    Thanks!

Default Excellent changes!

These are excellent changes - thank you!

Now we will be able to run over level quests to level faster instead of wait until we're two levels above a quest (to race through it on elite, still getting bb, before farming it on hard).

That means we don't have to sacrifice challenge for leveling speed. Now we can actually challenge ourselves by doing higher level quests without worrying about not having enough quests to run at higher levels.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Singular View Post

Now we will be able to run over level quests to level faster instead of wait until we're two levels above a quest (to race through it on elite, still getting bb, before farming it on hard).

That means we don't have to sacrifice challenge for leveling speed. Now we can actually challenge ourselves by doing higher level quests without worrying about not having enough quests to run at higher levels.
    Good point. It also means the ones with epic versions will still be good even after farming the heroic versions.

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Community Member

Wow...what an awful change. I can already see how this is going to go. Pick the best couple xp quests per level, play each of them within a level or two of your level each day. Sure...if you want to blow out 1-20 in a week or less you'll have to run a more robust variety of content now...but for the huge portion of the player base who doesn't do that...this change just amounts to massive easy button.

People are just going to start doing things now like instead of waiting to a certain level to farm a quest like Litany...just complete it early as possible, then soon as you log in every day do your daily litany zerg for an easy chunk of xp. If I wanted to tr in a week, maybe things just got a little more difficult...but if I want to tr in 2 or 3 weeks...man...did things just get made ridiculously easy.

The saga thing seems like it could be cool to get people to play some of the lesser played chains...but as far as the xp penalty decay....why devs...why?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Singular View Post

This is actually going to have the opposite impact your describing. Its taking away my incentive to run challenging quests because I could just run the easy ones again tomorrow.

Unless by challenging, you mean when your level 7, you could redbox SC and watch a fire based arcane torch it for the group, and not worry about what your going to run when your level 12, because you can just run SC again.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleFooz View Post
    We’ve previously mentioned in our Reincarnation discussions that we’ll be reworking the XP curve to be less steep for 2nd and 3rd life reincarnations. Those curves will be ameliorated, so that the increase in XP needed to level isn’t such a drastic increase in the 15-20 range, and so that the lower level ranges require move XP to level.
    Any news on when this is supposed to happen? I was expecting it with the expansion and was really disappointed when I TRed only to see the exact same values for ranks and levels.

After reviewing the latest release notes I am very happy. It shows you are listening. That said not superbly happy just very......Vol is back to normal for XP (YAY) - Thrall got a drop (Booo.....but that was a very fast quest with a decent group so I can understand - Inferno got a bump (Yay).

2 beefs and they are small:
    - XP bump up for Missing - probably not absolutely necessary - with a DDoor caster or Mikyal that quest is a 6min farm solo - faster with a group....but I won't argue against more xp.
    - Temple of Vol - changing to 2 keys needed.....the gold key double up method was the main safe way for a pair of non-evasion duo-ers to be able to do that quest....now you will need an evasion type and/or a trapper (rogue mainly or an arti with good twitch/jump skills) to survive the traps on the spinny blade side.....if you are going to 'fix' that part can you also fix the blade traps to stop spinning when they are disarmed here and in Tomb of the Forbidden.

Thats it - oh well and the commendation stacking issue....but that is in another thread.
    gotta to kick at the darkness til it bleeds daylight - B. Cockburn
    Guild Leader - Order of the Silver Dragons
    Mains Darlao Completionist Toogor Wiz28 TR5 Also Listarn Shadar Kai Rogue 20/7 - WhiskyTango CL28 TR4 - Toongor Bd28 TR2 - Sooey Dwarf ConBarb28 Pusshy -WizMo 18/ 2/8+9 More

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415