Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast
    Community Member

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Vint View Post
    Sorry guys, I have not followed the thread, I just had a quick question.

Just an EXAMPLE. My cleric has run wiz king 25 times; hence I get no xp atm. Once this new system kicks in, will I be able to get xp out of there again, once ever few days even, or am I doomed to never run it again? Thanks in advance.
    Yes Vint, the ransack will go down at a rate of 50% per day (where they count 18 h as a day), so after 1,5 real days you could do it again with NO ransack AND the daily bonus too!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nascoe View Post
    Yes Vint, the ransack will go down at a rate of 50% per day (where they count 18 h as a day), so after 1,5 real days you could do it again with NO ransack AND the daily bonus too!
    Or just run it every 18 hours.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Quote Originally Posted by Stormblade721 View Post
    lol but not everyone has your OCD when it comes to Levelling Kam
    There are more of us frequent TR people who do run that way than don't. I do a TR life about every 2 weeks. Not the fastest time in the world, but I have time for raids, pnp, and epics that way. I like balance. I do not want to lose the time to do those other things by having my TR last forever. I might do something not so smart like having 2 TRs going at once to not lose my momentum.
    Orien: Zizie, Zeelee, Zeeny, Zeety, Zeleste, Zeeby
    ?

Community Member

I love the new xp system. Thank you Devs!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vint View Post
    Sorry guys, I have not followed the thread, I just had a quick question.

Just an EXAMPLE. My cleric has run wiz king 25 times; hence I get no xp atm. Once this new system kicks in, will I be able to get xp out of there again, once ever few days even, or am I doomed to never run it again? Thanks in advance.
    New system will have you earning a minimum of 20% even if you ran it 25 times in a single day. So XP no matter what! That to me is huge!!!

I personally like the new system. It helps the more casual players and encourages the speed levelers to branch out and run quests outside of their "path of max XP" strategy.

I think there should be a 5% credit earned for each unique quest run in a day that falls within character level -2, the same bravery bonus requirements. This credit will only affect XP ransack and can never exceed 100%.

Example:
    I run Party Crashers 5 times trying to farm gear and get to the 20% minimum. I go play the other quests in the Carnival line and get a 15% bonus for running those 3 quests. Then I run Party Crashers again, I will be at 35%. But let's say I run 5 more unique quests for another 25% bonus. I run Party Crashers again and I would be at 60% = 20% minimum +40% for unique quests ran within 18 hours.

Programmatically it could be accomplished in a slightly different manner (if it's easier in the code). Where the minimum is 15% but the current quest is included in the uniqueness count so it would effectively be 20%.

Quote Originally Posted by mortifer_rex View Post
    5% credit earned for each unique quest run in a day
    Things to keep in mind for any such system are the dual-quest quests like Xorian Cypher and VON3.

Quote Originally Posted by mortifer_rex View Post
    I personally like the new system. It helps the more casual players and encourages the speed levelers to branch out and run quests outside of their "path of max XP" strategy.
    Actually no it won't.

Speed levelers will do one of three things

1) Quit in disgust
    2) Run multiple trs at a time and wait ransack out and make no other changes
    3) Have a new speed path that includes a couple more quests but it will all still be guild and channel runs and do nothing good as far as improving the experience of the playerbase.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    Actually no it won't.

1) Quit in disgust
    3) Have a new speed path that includes a couple more quests but it will all still be guild and channel runs and do nothing good as far as improving the experience of the playerbase.
    4) Run the top 5% of the quests which even at 20% exp, still are better exp/min than the lower 50%.

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    Actually no it won't.

1) Quit in disgust
    Largely this. I usually guide my guild's TR trains, and have been thinking about how we'll adjust. My thoughts at the moment:

1) Setup 2 simultaneous TR trains. No problem, my guide is filled with altoholics who also like to TR.

2) Since penalties decay quickly, you can start running quests massively under-level. For example, on a recent set of completionists, everyone had a stone of exp, and we started farming shadow crypt around level 5. And keep running the good quests 2 or 3 times per day, until we are say 5 or 6 levels over the base quest (so, run shadow crypt from 5 to 14). The last runs should still only be a -25% over-level penalty.

The funny thing is, this will promote the opposite of what people's hope seem to be here. Right now, most our trains are 4 - 5 folks, and so we will take pugs or pop a cleric hire. But I can't see taking a pug into a massively under-level quest, we have to pay more attention and use a bit more strategy - too much to rely on a pug to handle. So, we'll probably go from considering some pugs to never taking them.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisdinus7 View Post
    Largely this. I usually guide my guild's TR trains, and have been thinking about how we'll adjust. My thoughts at the moment:

1) Setup 2 simultaneous TR trains. No problem, my guide is filled with altoholics who also like to TR.

2) Since penalties decay quickly, you can start running quests massively under-level. For example, on a recent set of completionists, everyone had a stone of exp, and we started farming shadow crypt around level 5. And keep running the good quests 2 or 3 times per day, until we are say 5 or 6 levels over the base quest (so, run shadow crypt from 5 to 14). The last runs should still only be a -25% over-level penalty.

The funny thing is, this will promote the opposite of what people's hope seem to be here. Right now, most our trains are 4 - 5 folks, and so we will take pugs or pop a cleric hire. But I can't see taking a pug into a massively under-level quest, we have to pay more attention and use a bit more strategy - too much to rely on a pug to handle. So, we'll probably go from considering some pugs to never taking them.
    That would be the exception and not the rule though. I rarely come across players that run quests more than 2 levels below base. I still haven't seen a good reason, besides this 1, why this would hurt plugging. I see it as improving it.

I still believe the need for speed will continue to reign and eventually a standard speed leveling will come forth. I can see TRing multiple characters at once alternating days, which seems good to me because it slows down the leveling a bit and there will be the same person with multiple characters in that range. I was already considering this weeks ago, but it just seems to make more sense to do it that way now. I can play several of my characters progressing the same instead of focused on just 1 while the others get unplayed and behind in gear.

First I'm going to say that the Ransack XP that this change which was initially asked by us as it concerns Heroic Ransack vs Epic Ransack is not only Fixed by this change, but it opens it up to allow players more flexibility at the Epic range.

However, the current 20% per run down to 80% max was a curve that I was not expecting. I was hoping they were going to stick with the 10% max 90% model and just add on the decay of the Ransack.

This last life to help a friend with his TR, he wanted to follow one of the more popular 1 to 20 guides out there. Upon review there are approximately 20ish quests where there is any repeating of 6 or more times.

One of the advantages of the new system is that now you can run Elite/Hard/Normal and then Farm as it will have the same decay as running it in any other order.

Those that run from 1 to 20 and start over again will most likely have to make some kind of adjustment in their leveling plans, but for those that spend any significant time in Epics or those that have been saddled with diminished XP on popular quests at Epic Levels because of how many times they have run those quests on Heroic will find advantages to this new system.

One thing that I like about this is that for those Raids that don't require your best Destiny a person will be getting full XP +25% every 3 days. Raids like VoN5/6 can be big jumps of XP for some people.

Glad this type of system is coming, somewhat disappointed by the chosen percentages.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Enoach View Post
    Those that run from 1 to 20 and start over again will most likely have to make some kind of adjustment in their leveling plans
    It is hardly just the chain-TRers who will be effected by this. Repeating quests is a mechanic that has been built into many parts of the game.

Unless you have some idea that I have just missed about how to make a Sigil to flag for Litany of the Dead effectively under the new system?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ForumAccess View Post
    It is hardly just the chain-TRers who will be effected by this. Repeating quests is a mechanic that has been built into many parts of the game.

Unless you have some idea that I have just missed about how to make a Sigil to flag for Litany of the Dead effectively under the new system?
    Pretty much the same as it has been since the last change to Sigils:
    1) luck of getting the drop in the quest or rare chest
    2) farm for them before TRing
    3) the friendliness of others in the group with you who already taken advantage of 1 & 2

Still wanna know how this impacts Litany, which you are required to complete 4 times.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Systern View Post
    Still wanna know how this impacts Litany, which you are required to complete 4 times.
    Who is required to complete Litany 4 times? and why?

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Quote Originally Posted by Tscheuss View Post
    Anyone who wants to run the Ascension Chamber and fight the black abbot. You have to kill each of the four mutual exclusive optional bosses in litany of the dead.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tscheuss View Post
    If you want to run the raid, Litany must be ran at least 4 times. You need to kill 4 different bosses to open the raid, but you're only able to fight one boss each run. It's similar to the blooding that used to be needed in GH Tor before you could so the Reaver's Fate raid.

Of course, most people will probably want to run it 5 times, just so they don't have to fight any of the bosses on the first run BB Elite streak. And if there are people like me, I usually end up running it 6 times because I recall without making sure I break the crystals when everything is done.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by chrisdinus7 View Post
    Anyone who wants to run the Ascension Chamber and fight the black abbot. You have to kill each of the four mutual exclusive optional bosses in litany of the dead.
    Ah, kk. ty.

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Community Member

I feel like people have this old school view on quest xp because they are so terrified of change they have done things the same way for 7 years now.

After the last several changes, for the most part once you have done it a few times to properly learn some of those quests you have almost never run before, doing a life by running every quest once is really not that much slower than farming the top XP quests and with the new additional daily bonus on top of everything it would have closed the gap a lot more.

It takes me approximately 40 hours to complete a life (to 20) when im trying to go fast and I never repeat a quest except 2 - I still farm SC and Litany. Other than that I run almost every quest in the game up to level 18 or so (farming Litany and SC will generally have me capped by the level 18 quests which is why I farm them - otherwise you may have to do some Shav.) with full elite bravery bonus.

Sure, maybe by just farming the top XP per minute quests I could drop that 40 hours a bit but its so much more boring and spending 40 hours per life is not unreasonable.
    Vlyxnol / Ragedx / Marphist - Completionist of Legit
    "As a tank I feel that plate armor is necessary for my survivability but I also feel that other players need to see my belly button."

I have a horrifying feeling about this

Absolutely horrifying
    Cetus Heroic Lives: #32/32 | Epic Completionist: #20/24 | Iconic Lives: #6/6
    Cetusz - Pure Sorcerer: Heroic Lives: #24/24 | Epic Lives: #6/12 | Iconic Lives: #1/3
    YouTube Channel HERE
    Argonnessen's DEGENERATE MATTER

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast