Community Member

Default Can't log on worlds

Hi i don't play ddo for long time..
    I have a new pc and it have all requirements to play the game.
    I'm using steam as platform and everything goes well in log in but when i choose the world the starter goes out and the computer seem to go to start something by the look of the mouse and then nothing happens..
    What i need to do?
    Sorry if my English is not the best, im Portuguese.

Really need some help
    Thanks

Community Member moomooprincess's Avatar

Default Check firewall

There are two processes that need to be allowed through a firewall now.

STEAM and Awesomium.

Somewhere on these forums there are others with your same problem.

If you make sure that your firewall is allowing steam and awesomium process then we go to the next step.

Or you could look at this wall of problems to see if you can find one that might be your problem

http://support.turbine.com/link/port...auncher-Errors

Also, start looking at posts from May 30, 2013 and newer. That means May 30, 2013 to today's date. ON May 30, 2013 Turbine released a patch that virtually made the game unplayable and there are a myriad of issues inside that patch that cause problems.
    Last edited by moomooprincess; 06-19-2013 at 03:18 PM.
    Recipemaker Guild: Top Chef School of Recipes

Event Statistics: Risia, Festivult, Midwinter, Daily Dice, Mimic Hunt

Community Member

Default I dont have Awesonium

Quote Originally Posted by moomooprincess View Post

STEAM and Awesomium.

If you make sure that your firewall is allowing steam and awesomium process then we go to the next step.

Or you could look at this wall of problems to see if you can find one that might be your problem

Also, start looking at posts from May 30, 2013 and newer. That means May 30, 2013 to today's date. ON May 30, 2013 Turbine released a patch that virtually made the game unplayable and there are a myriad of issues inside that patch that cause problems.
    I dont have awesonium installed and i already checked the firewall and is allowing it .
    what next?

Quote Originally Posted by SnaKe_092 View Post
    I dont have awesonium installed and i already checked the firewall and is allowing it .
    what next?
    If I could only type.

How about Awesomium? With an MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM not an N.

My awesomium exists in this directory on my machine C:\Program Files (x86)\Turbine\DDO Unlimited. Your directory could be different.

Look for awesomium.dll and awesomiumprocess.

Since you are desperate, and since I had problems today with Turbine.

My next wacky idea.

When you are logging in you are still technically at myaccount.turbine.com and having your account verified.,

Could you log into myaccount.turbine.com? Check to see if your password is a legal password.

A legal password is

Your password must have at least three of these four categories

1.. at least one UPPERCASE letter
    2. at least one LOWERCASE letter
    3. at least one NUMBER
    4. at least one punctuation character

My password on my account only had two of those for the last four years. Logging into myaccount.turbine.com and trying to change my password today, it said my password was invalid.

So, I changed my password to have all four categories. No idea if that fixed my problem or if my problem that occurred today was by Turbine and their maintenance of myaccount.turbine.com because Turbine basically seems to refuse to acknowledge any problems unless the masses revolt.

Hence you are stuck with someone on the other end that has no idea what your computer is, what OS you are using, no idea on how much memory it has, no idea of the graphics card, no idea if you have admin privileges, no idea how computer competent you are, etc.

Default From another poster yesterday

I did this recently to help a friend who plays, and thought it might be of benefit to others. If you have trouble with getting disconnected on your first login attempt or long load screens, it may be due to your anti-virus software. Most anti-virus software scans every file as it is opened and tries to determine if it is malicious or not. This prevents the opening program from doing anything until the anti-virus finishes scanning that file - greatly increases disk access times. This is called "Resident Shield" in AVG, for example.

While you could disable your anti-virus to improve performance - that would be a bad idea. Instead, anti-virus software generally lets you specify exceptions to this. Again, using AVG 2013 as an example, if you open the user interface, then select computer, then select settings, on the left hand side you'll see a list of categories. Pick "Exceptions" in that list. Then pick an Exception Type of "Folder", and browse to or enter your DDO install directory. Make sure the "Resident Shield" option is checked, but you can uncheck the scan option. Then apply / ok your changes.

This will tell it to still perform your periodic virus scan on the DDO files, but it won't scan them every time they are accessed. This can greatly improve your game's performance. My friend no longer has trouble with failing to connect to the world on their first login, for example.

Or, as others have suggested in other threads, you can buy an SSD (or do both, of course).

As a final warning, however, this does slightly reduce your protection against malware. In my opinion, the risk is quite small - as your periodic scan will still check the files, and it would have to be malware that targets DDO players. Nevertheless, you should be aware that it in certain circumstances it may have security implications.

Edit:
    As pointed out below, if you use the in-game browser to visit things aside from the DDO store and help tickets, then you shouldn't do this.

Community Member

I did this recently to help a friend who plays, and thought it might be of benefit to others. If you have trouble with getting disconnected on your first login attempt or long load screens, it may be due to your anti-virus software. Most anti-virus software scans every file as it is opened and tries to determine if it is malicious or not. This prevents the opening program from doing anything until the anti-virus finishes scanning that file - greatly increases disk access times. This is called "Resident Shield" in AVG, for example.

While you could disable your anti-virus to improve performance - that would be a bad idea. Instead, anti-virus software generally lets you specify exceptions to this. Again, using AVG 2013 as an example, if you open the user interface, then select computer, then select settings, on the left hand side you'll see a list of categories. Pick "Exceptions" in that list. Then pick an Exception Type of "Folder", and browse to or enter your DDO install directory. Make sure the "Resident Shield" option is checked, but you can uncheck the scan option. Then apply / ok your changes.

This will tell it to still perform your periodic virus scan on the DDO files, but it won't scan them every time they are accessed. This can greatly improve your game's performance. My friend no longer has trouble with failing to connect to the world on their first login, for example.

Or, as others have suggested in other threads, you can buy an SSD (or do both, of course).

As a final warning, however, this does slightly reduce your protection against malware. In my opinion, the risk is quite small - as your periodic scan will still check the files, and it would have to be malware that targets DDO players. Nevertheless, you should be aware that it in certain circumstances it may have security implications.

Edit:
    As pointed out below, if you use the in-game browser to visit things aside from the DDO store and help tickets, then you shouldn't do this.
    Ok i did that .. noticed that the dll and the process is in the folder
    Turned off the antivirus
    Turned of the firewall
    even changed the password to a medium security characters
    and still nothing .. whit the new patch coming out do you thing it will all be fixed?
    I will try to log in another pc that is a windows 7 since im in a windows 8..
    Seems there is no more ideas right? :S

Community Member

Talking It worked

Quote Originally Posted by SnaKe_092 View Post
    Ok i did that .. noticed that the dll and the process is in the folder
    Turned off the antivirus
    Turned of the firewall
    even changed the password to a medium security characters
    and still nothing .. whit the new patch coming out do you thing it will all be fixed?
    I will try to log in another pc that is a windows 7 since im in a windows 8..
    Seems there is no more ideas right? :S
    I tryed in another pc whit windows 7 and worked.
    It seems the game isnt compatible whit windows 8..
    Thanks for the help!

Community Member

STEAM and Awesomium.

I made sure that firewall allows awesomium but the issue still there. Sigh.. Let's see what the new patch will bring.