Default I Need Help Remembering A Build

I'd like to start off by saying that I'm an alt-oholic. As such when I come back to a character that I haven't played in a while, I find it difficult to remember where I was going with said character. Such a thing happened to me yesterday.

I loaded up a character that (iirc) was based on one of the phoenix builds. It had twf, whirling steel strike, etc. Again, iirc, I was planning on going 12 pally/ 7 monk/ 1 rogue. My problem was when I looked at the feats. For some reason I had weapon finesse and was a dark monk.

I was wondering if there is a phoenix like build out there that goes dark instead of light. For some reason I didn't have the build in the planner, so that leads me to belive there is a build on the forums somewhere. Any suggestions?

P.S. I realize I have to switch out wepon finesse if I'm going with whirling steel strike. XD
    Last edited by MalkavianX; 06-19-2013 at 12:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by grodon9999 View Post
    This game has been such an absurd grind that I’d rather stick my junk in a beehive than make another toon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    An expansion . .. with a set of packs for each plane to come out every month or two . . . it'll be like crack to Whitney Houston.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by MalkavianX View Post
    I'd like to start off by saying t....

I was planning on going 14 pally/ 7 monk/ 1 rogue. My problem was ...
    Your biggest problem will be to bug out the system and get 22 core levels, but if you figure it out please drop me a PM

J i c h a e l
    -&- D i l l i n j a h

Lol, whoops. My bad. 12 pally/ 7 monk/ 1 rogue. I'm on day 9 of a 10 stretch at work, I'm a little burnt out. 8^D

This game has been such an absurd grind that I’d rather stick my junk in a beehive than make another toon.
    An expansion . .. with a set of packs for each plane to come out every month or two . . . it'll be like crack to Whitney Houston.

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

When Ninja first came out, there were some pal 14 / monk 6 builds out there: Zeal + Wind II stance meant 15% doublestrike; while Ninja gave +1D6 SA & Shadow Fade. Short swords make more sense than longswords, IMHO; comparable DPS (or better, if you get a pair of Celestias) and you don't have to waste two feats.

But if this is a build in progress, you've probably already taken your rog splash, so pal 14 / monk 6 is no longer an option (unless you LR it out).

Still a little unsure of why I did it, but the character is currently rogue 1/ monk 7. I guess if I was going dark I was looking to get WoB asap and then go the rest as pally. I really have to get a handle on my alt-oholism, it seems to be leading to memory loss....

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MalkavianX View Post
    I really have to get a handle on my alt-oholism, it seems to be leading to memory loss....
    *glances at 15+ alts made during 7th birthday celebration just for free +2 tomes all around*

I...have no idea what you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    *glances at 15+ alts made during 7th birthday celebration just for free +2 tomes all around*

I...have no idea what you're talking about.

lol, 15. I wish I only had it as bad as you. I average about 8-9 on each server (11 on 4 servers, and anywhere between 7 and 9 on each of the others.) It's sad, I know. I should just tr one character into new builds instead of going alt-ocrazy all over the servers.

Back on track. I found a build in my save folder of the planner that was close, but it was light monk and not dark. Hmmm, maybe just this once instead of planning out all the details before hand, I'll just wing it. Should be okay once I swap out weapon finesse for something else. Besides, the remaining 12 levels are all going to be pally anyways.

Now I suppose the question becomes, What was I going to do with my 12 levels of pally? DoS for the defensive stance? Or HotD for the undead smashy stuff, ghost touch, immunity to lvl drain, and healing amp?

Would it be worth it to re-roll it and start over? If I did, would it be more/less benificial to take some pally levels earlier?