Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrande View Post
    But this will also meant that you cannot use them at level 20 to 27 since the item is capped at ML30. (or ML28)
    Also, Did Feather of Son not mention that old loot is old loot and he won't upgrade them?

There are problems with this request:

1) Turbine won't do it for no revenue since a lot of people already owned these packs.
    2) These will take efforts as someone would need to do a loot polish pass and mob pass.
    3) Raising CRs won't solve anything. Its the same set of monsters in the same places, same stories, same AI, same path, same dungeon layout, same type of traps and same saves (reflex) and same trap locations. People will get tired of it in probably ONE week.
    Why running something where there is no fun, just bigger numbers?
    1) They don't get immediate revenue, but in the long run it should be really helpful. If I had 10 raids to run at cap, I wouldn't take 2 month breaks like I do now.

3) I disagree. The old raids are still a lot of fun, but because of their low level and relatively bad loot they are uninteresting to run on daily basis. Before U14 I've run ToD a lot even though I already had all the loot... just because it was a fun raid. Now it's too simple and boring...

Quote Originally Posted by Forzah View Post
    1) They don't get immediate revenue, but in the long run it should be really helpful. If I had 10 raids to run at cap, I wouldn't take 2 month breaks like I do now.

3) I disagree. The old raids are still a lot of fun, but because of their low level and relatively bad loot they are uninteresting to run on daily basis. Before U14 I've run ToD a lot even though I already had all the loot... just because it was a fun raid. Now it's too simple and boring...
    I agree and with the success of epic GH, making the vale and amarath epic will be a huge endgame expansion.

I am seeing more and more players taking a break or simply leaving the game...
    Argonnessen: Hilmir - Purkilius - Jinu - Vignir @ Blood Assassin´s

Quote Originally Posted by RyonsAlt View Post
    It seemed to work with Return to Gianthold, an already great pack (praised to be one of the best ever) being upgraded to epic provided veteran players a nostalgic value on the new content while still providing a new raid. I'm not arguing against new content, I'm just saying that there's some old content with potential, an example would be Tempest Spine. There's loot, there's some story that could be expanded on, and it has nostalgia value to it, especially if they add an NPC named Tannk (or was it Taank?) that hasted the group for irony's sake (hopefully someone gets it ).
    The FAll of Truth is a totally new raid. That has nothing at all to do with the old raid other then the Stormreaver is in both raids. They needed to keep up with a raid every 6 months so they can build up the available raids again. CITW, Reaver's Fate, Summer Raid, and then Winter raid, etc.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

Community Member Ironclans_evil_twin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrande View Post
    He did say he won't upgrade old epic loot. That includes the Mechnectarun old epic loot.
    Well then he contradicted himself very recently, he said during the new augment U17 change threads, where he upgraded non epic version of stuff from old packs. when people asked him "what about the epic versions of those updated items" he said they were planing a revamp of old epic items, at which point they would be "brought in line with the base item" in other words Epic Whirlwind will get DEX/DEX to match the non epic version and etc.

Maybe you're confusing something he said about not making old shard/scroll/seal epics use the newer EN, EH and EE system?

Quote Originally Posted by Ironclans_evil_twin View Post
    Well then he contradicted himself very recently,
    His initial stance was no upgrading of old loot, but it appears that he did anyhow. Made a whole lot of players much happier too.
    So, I guess that old "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth" saying fits this situation.

Regardless of the reason, the old loot WAS upgraded, and the peasants rejoiced.
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

Community Member Ironclans_evil_twin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    The FAll of Truth is a totally new raid. That has nothing at all to do with the old raid other then the Stormreaver is in both raids. They needed to keep up with a raid every 6 months so they can build up the available raids again. CITW, Reaver's Fate, Summer Raid, and then Winter raid, etc.
    More interesting than FoT Maddmatt; is TOR... Tor is not new at all, yet Tor has more LFM's up than FoT by a long shot... it's old... so what causes people to run Epic Tor? We both know the answer to that don't we? Revamped loot, revamped helms, revamped Dragon scale armor. The most sought after loot in the game currently... and it's OLD CONTENT that wasn't changed in any significant way, except buffed loot.

You have to admit Tor proves the point: people will replay stuff if there's loot good enough to motivate them. Crucible has made a huge comeback recently as well... wonder why.

Clearly Revamping stuff can get people to repeat content. Tor proves this (as if you really needed proof) while taking less resources and reusing many assets that already exist. Thus being faster to produce and thus: faster to provide a solution for "end game".

Of course the real problem is that Turbine has latched on to TR's as a form of money generator, so they might actually be minimizing "end game" deliberately as a strategy... the current situation and the new expansion pack with zero raids seem to support this. It seems likely that the ONLY reason they are moving the cap to 28 is to put more TR space more millions of XP between cap and level 1 for the epic TR "end game".

Personally I like leveling characters and enjoying content from low level to high level, but I also like having 2 or 3 or 4 characters running at high level on "slow burn", gearing, working on ED's "90% realized" characters, raiding as the mood hits me, trying to improve them and even respec them. I enjoy this more than I enjoy TR'ing for 2 more or 4 more build points. So I find myself interested in something called "end game" which I might not have a few years back... I want a decent chunk of content I can replay and still make slow progress with a mostly but not quite "finished" character. Right now if I don't want something in CitW or FoT the high level character is done... just sitting there with nothing much to do. I have a TR'ed Pali sitting at 23rd level sitting idle no reason to play him.

I'm actually making Alt's that specifically are built to use CitW/FoT gear... and even older less shiny gear in creative ways. As an example; I have a Guards build that will max PRR (well around 150PRR will be enough) while trying to not really max AC just decent (wants lots of hits and glances), so I'm going to need multiple shroud items, and old school Dragon Touched Docent (non optimal AC and three slots for guards/Hate), a lower level tower shield that has good augments/affixes etc. (still mulling over this non optimal shield, as the best augments/sheltering affixes tend to have great AC or are heavy not Tower, seriously looking at Necro shield fragment turn in rewards) obviously built on a bladeforged platform. What's my point? Well this shows the lengths someone like me is going through to make the best of the current "end game" situation. Making builds specifically to use old loot or specifically to use gear from the two "end game" raids... Not sure how many of these alt's I'll bother to actually level

Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    Making the old raids epic is not a return to the former glory of end game or raiding for that matter rather the only way to return to the old glory is to release 1 new raid every six months or so. We could use a new raid this summer and another new one this winter.

THIS is right.

[QUOTE=Tyrande;5025463 Did Feather of Son not mention that old loot is old loot and he won't upgrade them?

[/QUOTE]

Since when do we place anything Feather-of-sun might have said in the same discussion with things that would be good for the game?
    Shmuel Xadin Xadins Errand Mohnster Yitzhak

Default And that's the way it was and we liked it!

In my day there was only one show in town and it was called 'stare at the sun.'

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123