Default Monk Evasion Help

Hey All,

This is a stupid question, and I know what the answer is, but I also know what I want the answer to be. A few nights ago, someone told me that a Monk Splash can still retain Evasion if wearing Light Armor. I've always thought that monk splashed toon loses Evasion if not centered (not wearing robes). Can anyone confirm what the truth is?

Thanks
    B
    Formerly known as Battlehawke until 5/9/2013 when a great storm came through (several weeks after the forum changes btw) and "Poof" Everything went away. ......Thanks Turbine....

2015 DDO Players Council FuzzyDuck81's Avatar

Evasion is evasion, regardless of whether it comes from 2 rogue, 2 monk, 9 ranger or the shadowdancer/primal avatar destiny, it simply requires that you be wearing light or no armour - hence why 2 monk is generally the preferred splash whenever possible, as unless you specifically want access to the skills or a single sneak attack die, or are otherwise prevented by alignment, monk will generally be a better bet since you'll get the 2 bonus feats.
    I don't mean to come across as unsympathetic - but I am, so I do.

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyDuck81 View Post
    Evasion is evasion, regardless of whether it comes from 2 rogue, 2 monk, 9 ranger or the shadowdancer/primal avatar destiny, it simply requires that you be wearing light or no armour - hence why 2 monk is generally the preferred splash whenever possible, as unless you specifically want access to the skills or a single sneak attack die, or are otherwise prevented by alignment, monk will generally be a better bet since you'll get the 2 bonus feats.
    wow, and all these years, I've had so many Monk Splashed toons that could have used light armor instead of robes. Doh, I'm about to burn 20 Flawless Blacks....Hope you are correct....

And thanks
    Formerly known as Battlehawke until 5/9/2013 when a great storm came through (several weeks after the forum changes btw) and "Poof" Everything went away. ......Thanks Turbine....

2015 DDO Players Council FuzzyDuck81's Avatar

Well light armour just means you won't be centered, but then you wouldn't if you were using non-centered weapons or even a shield anyway & there are a lot of paladins who go the 18/2 route in light armour, sword & board (including my own before TR) who had it & evasion works fine so yeah, no worries, but if you're really that nervous just pick up a cheap bit of leather armour from a vendor or the AH, ignore the whole "not centered" thing & see it for yourself before getting the dragonscale
    I don't mean to come across as unsympathetic - but I am, so I do.