Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by McFlay View Post
    when from my experience
    Here's the issue with your proposal: no one cares what you like. Your posts are all "I", "I", "I", but no one cares. A good proposal would try to accommodate multiple desires. Yours accommodates, well, yours. Unfortunately for you, the player base is more than just you.

But I'm talking about an epic tr lol. If you hate tr'ing, why are you trolling my thread talking about how awful tr'ing is? If you don't want to tr and hate doing it, then do what some people have opted to do with the heroic tr system...ignore it and don't tr your toons.

Epic tr shouldn't be something ridiculously fast and easy, like going from 20 to cap with the same heroic build, max destinies, and max twists every life is just lame. The devs should be rewarding people for playing a variety of content and builds, much like heroic tr did. Farming out all your destinies in an xp/min quest after you level cap each life to get the biggest possible bonus is pretty poor design. I'd rather see a system that allowed me to be rewarded for playing through a caster life and actually trying some of the caster oriented destinies on a caster actually taking advantage of the perks of that destiny, rather then grinding out a useless caster destiny on a melee toon, or the opposite if I'm playing through a melee life.

I see quite a bit of people on this forum have the idea of "keeping your favorite destiny active," when from my experience, where I chose to slowly grind out my destinies over a series of heroic tr's and not sit in an xp/min quest for hours when I level capped, I don't have a favorite destiny. When I did a sorc/pal/monk life I thought shirardi was a lot of fun. When I was experimenting with a twf khopesh barb life, I had fun with fury. When I was playing with monk I had fun with gmof. Even though the obvious easy path with the current system is to level cap and sit an an xp/min quest, I opted not to do that, and actually had fun with each of the destinies that I've maxed out so far. I never had a destiny grind, because I minimized the time I spent playing a character in a useless destiny, and it made each destiny I've played through so far actually enjoyable and not feel like a grind at all. Much like heroic tr taught me I didn't really have a favorite class, and each tr just made me come up with more builds that I wanted to try, I'm really hoping turbine can use epic tr as a means to reward people to continue to explore different builds(especially with the upcoming enchancement overhaul this could be a prime time for this), and try different destinies as a main destiny and not just rely on doing something like loading up dreadnaught and the same twists each epic tr and zerging through xx numbers of epic tr's in the exact same manner.
    Im not going to read all of that. You propose as part of your big TR process that you want the quest counts to continue to pile up when you are max exp. IF that is implemented, then YOU WILL HAVE TO TR TO GET YOUR DESTINY POINTS. So as you can see....im not freaking trolling your thread im trying to point out to you that IT DOESNT WORK FOR THOSE OF US WHO DONT WANT TO TR.

But I wont post in your thread any longer as what is the point anyway

McFlay, I wanted to say no disrespect intended; i know we've gone back and forth a bit here but we just disagree is all.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by FalseFlag View Post
    Here's the issue with your proposal: no one cares what you like. Your posts are all "I", "I", "I", but no one cares. A good proposal would try to accommodate multiple desires. Yours accommodates, well, yours. Unfortunately for you, the player base is more than just you.
    Yeah that's the point of a message board. Why would I come on here and post if I wasn't going to post what I think lol. The same thing you just posted could also apply to everything you have just said...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    If people were able to keep their preferred destiny active while farming fate points -- like say if fate point xp was a completely separate third xp bar that had nothing to do with destiny levels -- then the amount of rusted blades farming would plummet.
    People are grasping at this false concept of "preferred destiny." What you should be saying is optimal destiny for that build, and its going to vary greatly from build to build. Unless the vast majority of posters have tried every destiny on a character with decent gear and a build that actually works with that destiny, then lot's of people's experience with a lot of destinies was a boring grind on a useless destiny that didn't work with their class at all. How could someone say for example, they hate fury if they capped out their fury on a wizard with a bunch of twists and hardly used anything from the fury destiny? Dangling the carrot of completionist with the heroic tr system was a great way to get people to experiment with all classes, and turbine should stick with this design to get people to experiment with all the destinies to an extent greater then farming them out in rb or jungle after they level cap.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kalimah View Post
    McFlay, I wanted to say no disrespect intended; i know we've gone back and forth a bit here but we just disagree is all.
    Yeah I'm not shocked people disagree. Some of us think an epic tr should be an actual tr, others just want easy street. I can respect other people's thoughts, but when people are posting things like epic tr should reset you back to 20 with full destinies/twists, that's going to be so ridiculously easy and fast for everyone to bang out its going to offer nowhere near the replayability incentive that heroic tr offered when that was the end game tr option. Hopefully the system is something that a year from now keeps players still pondering their next life and their next build, not reset from 28-20 once a week for a couple months with the same build/destiny/twists active each time and power grind another life using the same 20 or so quests.

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

Aside from the "I,I,I" issue referenced above, the op assumes that all players play the same. I am working on my 8th destiny on my aritificer, and I have never ground out rusted blades. I think doing the same quest ad naesuem is horrid, and I play the game to have fun. So I level my tr's slower and skip anything with epics, and then do each epic once, so when I cap at 25 (which I do easily), I have only one repetition on everything, and can merrily go about my business and go from quest to quest to farm ed xp and have fun while I'm doing it.

Turbine does NOT need to lead players by the nose to play in any one particular style. The people who enjoy doing nothing but rusted blades should be allowed to remain doing so. The players that play like I do should be allowed to remain doing so. CHOICE is a fabulous, and very important thing.

I think so many forum posts are way too oriented on forcing other people to do things they don't want to. Not enough groups, turbine needs to force people to play together! Not enough people join the lfms, Turbine must revamp the lfm system to force them to! People grind this quest, Turbine must change xp to force them not to! People won't do the fastest way tot he top and grind with me, Turbine must force them to!

Let's try something radical and respect choice, find systems that allow choices to accommodate both the power and the casual gamer, the social and antisocial, the goal (xp or loot) driven and the entertainment driven. I think Turbine has made some great strides in that to date, an example being the multiple levels of epic opening end game up a lot more for players who dont' have the time or desire to turn their gaming hobby into a job, and the harder quests to make the power gamers happy. I like scaling because it allows choices for players to play alone or in groups as the mood moves them. Things that allow choice are fabulous.

Ideally I'd love to see tr'ing ones destinies be an option separate from tr to allow people to choose if they want to do it or not, but I suspect that would possibly be a coding disaster. I have no idea if it's reasonably possible or not for the devs to do in the engine they have to work with.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

People are grasping at this false concept of "preferred destiny." What you should be saying is optimal destiny for that build, and its going to vary greatly from build to build.
    There is no difference, and of course it varies from build to build. Way to state the obvious.

How could someone say for example, they hate fury if they capped out their fury on a wizard with a bunch of twists and hardly used anything from the fury destiny?
    Good lord, really? I can no longer take anything you say seriously.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by TrinityTurtle View Post
    Aside from the "I,I,I" issue
    The only "I,I,I" issue in this thread is people saying "I don't like what you have to say"

I say an epic tr should be a heroic tr on steroids.

Someone else says I think an epic tr should keep full destinies, full twists, and start at a high level.

I can phrase my post so "I" never appears, but at the end of the day everyone's on here doing the same thing.

Community Member

Good lord, really? I can no longer take anything you say seriously.
    Sir, I bring up a legitimate point. You couldn't gain for example, a past life bonus for barbarian if you didn't play a barbarian life. By the time you got through with your barbarian life, you knew a bit about how the class worked, what you liked about it, and what you didn't. An epic tr should give people the same experience with destinies heroic tr's gave with each class, not amount to farming all your destinies out in rb, and not even really using anything from 3/4 of them.

I would appreciate it if rather then try to attack my credibility as a poster you would attempt to have a meaningful discussion...that's what discussion boards are here for.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalimah View Post
    So if we want to address an issue, lets address the fact that there needs to be more content available or more content with an EXP payout that is valid.
    They need to retool some of the older quest. The older the quest, the crappier the XP is. It wouldn't take much to rework some of the older quest to compensate for XP inflation over the years. Some of the older quest XP is just horrible and those quest tend to get skipped by TR's. Fix the XP to recent standards and TR's wouldn't skip so many quest on their way back to epic levels.
    "Shut up and die like a wizard"

Sir, I bring up a legitimate point. You couldn't gain for example, a past life bonus for barbarian if you didn't play a barbarian life. By the time you got through with your barbarian life, you knew a bit about how the class worked, what you liked about it, and what you didn't. An epic tr should give people the same experience with destinies heroic tr's gave with each class, not amount to farming all your destinies out in rb, and not even really using anything from 3/4 of them.

I would appreciate it if rather then try to attack my credibility as a poster you would attempt to have a meaningful discussion...that's what discussion boards are here for.
    The point you're missing is that tring into classes with past lives you don't need can be skipped without penalty. A barbarian can skip wizard lives worry free, for example.

Destinies are different. If you skip destinies you're penalized with a reduced fate point pool.

What I find strange is your fixation on glaringly obvious things that everybody knows intuitively and then you state them as if it's some kind of revelation. A wizard can't fully appreciate the value of fury of the wild? You don't say! I never would have have known that, thanks much for pointing it out. Also the semantics are tedious. You argue that there is no such thing as a preferred destiny, but only optimal destinies based on build. Yeah, hat's what preferred destiny means: preferred for your build.

Community Member

The point you're missing is that tring into classes with past lives you don't need can be skipped without penalty. A barbarian can skip wizard lives worry free, for example.

Destinies are different. If you skip destinies you're penalized with a reduced fate point pool.
    TR'ing doesn't penalize anybody. Its extra bonuses. Not having completionist feat for example isn't a penalty to 99.9% of the characters in game, its a bonus to those that manage to unlock it. Not having 3x monk past life bonuses on your melee isn't a penalty, its a bonus if you unlock them. If your fate points don't change with the inclusion of an epic tr system...that's not a penalty. If a system is put in place that you can earn more fate points, that's a bonus.

Its also interesting that you mention with heroic tr, if you want class x for your final life, class y grants a bonus that isn't useful for that class, and you don't want completionist, you skip class y. If you gained an actual useful bonus from all classes, you wouldn't feel compelled to not bother with certain lives. Likewise, if epic tr bonuses are based on destinies, and you get a bonus that is useful for each destiny no matter what your final life is, that just eliminates a certain amount of tr's as being viewed as useless.

What I find strange is your fixation on glaringly obvious things that everybody knows intuitively and then you state them as if it's some kind of revelation. A wizard can't fully appreciate the value of fury of the wild? You don't say! I never would have have known that, thanks much for pointing it out. Also the semantics are tedious. You argue that there is no such thing as a preferred destiny, but only optimal destinies based on build. Yeah, hat's what preferred destiny means: preferred for your build.
    Well sometimes I feel the need to explain things, like when people argue that not earning a particular bonus is actually a penalty, and not just a lack of a bonus.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12