Lightbulb Suggestions for Epic Past Lives

Note: These past-life feats are made under the assumption that they can stack up the three times, unless otherwise stated.

Note2: I didn't want to make up any active past-life feats, these are just the passive ones.

Note3: No, I didn't put any spell-pen in here. There is enough already in the heroic past lives.

Martial Sphere

Legendary Dreadnought: The cooldowns of your tactical feats are reduced by 1 second.

Grandmaster of Flowers: +1 bonus to all saves and you gain +1 ki on critical hits.

Shadowdancer: +1% Dodge, and +2 to to-hit and damage rolls on any attack that counts as a sneak attack. Also, you gain +1 to the DCs of Assasinate and Quivering Palm, if you posess these abilities.

Divine Sphere

Unyielding Sentinel: +1 to saves and +2 blocking AC and blocking DR. If you are in a defensive stance, you gain an additional 5% bonus to AC. This bonus does not stack 3 times, unlike the other bonuses from this feat, however.

Exalted Angel: You gain 3% light absorbsion and a +2 benefit to the Echoes of Power feat, if you posess it.

Primal Sphere

Shiradi Champion: +2 Ranged Damage and +2 to Diplomacy. In addition, stacks of Archer's Focus decrease twice as slowly, but this benefit does not stack, unlike the ranged damage and diplomacy portion of the feat.

Fury of the Wild: +1 melee damage, and an additional +1 damage when using power attack. You also gain 1/- DR if you have barbarian levels.

Primal Avatar: +1 Damage when shapeshifted, unarmed, using a ranged weapon or using two weapons. Your pets and summons also gain +2 to all saves and +5% HP and SP.

Arcane Sphere

Draconic Incarnation: +2 to intimidate and -2 spell point cost when using empower or maximize. In addition, you gain +2% spell points at every 7th character level. The spell point bonus does not increase with additional stacks of this feat.

Spellsinger: +1 to all charisma-based skills and checks, including turn undead. You also gain +1 to the caster level and maximum caster level of all buffing spells (i.e., any spell that doesn't harm or heal).

Magister: +1 enhancement bonus to any spellcasting implement you are holding, and 2 stacking energy resistance versus all magical damage types except physical/force/untyped.

Quote Originally Posted by HatsuharuZ View Post
    Note: These past-life feats are made under the assumption that they can stack up the three times, unless otherwise stated.

Note2: I didn't want to make up any active past-life feats, these are just the passive ones.

Note3: No, I didn't put any spell-pen in here. There is enough already in the heroic past lives.

Martial Sphere

Legendary Dreadnought: The cooldowns of your tactical feats are reduced by 1 second.

Grandmaster of Flowers: +1 bonus to all saves and you gain +1 ki on critical hits.

Shadowdancer: +1% Dodge, and +2 to to-hit and damage rolls on any attack that counts as a sneak attack. Also, you gain +1 to the DCs of Assasinate and Quivering Palm, if you posess these abilities.

Divine Sphere

Unyielding Sentinel: +1 to saves and +2 blocking AC and blocking DR. If you are in a defensive stance, you gain an additional 5% bonus to AC. This bonus does not stack 3 times, unlike the other bonuses from this feat, however.

Exalted Angel: You gain 3% light absorbsion and a +2 benefit to the Echoes of Power feat, if you posess it.

Primal Sphere

Shiradi Champion: +2 Ranged Damage and +2 to Diplomacy. In addition, stacks of Archer's Focus decrease twice as slowly, but this benefit does not stack, unlike the ranged damage and diplomacy portion of the feat.

Fury of the Wild: +1 melee damage, and an additional +1 damage when using power attack. You also gain 1/- DR if you have barbarian levels.

Primal Avatar: +1 Damage when shapeshifted, unarmed, using a ranged weapon or using two weapons. Your pets and summons also gain +2 to all saves and +5% HP and SP.

Arcane Sphere

Draconic Incarnation: +2 to intimidate and -2 spell point cost when using empower or maximize. In addition, you gain +2% spell points at every 7th character level. The spell point bonus does not increase with additional stacks of this feat.

Spellsinger: +1 to all charisma-based skills and checks, including turn undead. You also gain +1 to the caster level and maximum caster level of all buffing spells (i.e., any spell that doesn't harm or heal).

Magister: +1 enhancement bonus to any spellcasting implement you are holding, and 2 stacking energy resistance versus all magical damage types except physical/force/untyped.
    I like that you haven't gone over the top with anything on the list. They are all completely believable. But unfortunately that's also a downside. Not enough carrot here. Personally, I'd prefer to see them all buffed about 2.5 x as powerful as you've listed, but have them acquired only one time and have no triple stacking. You can have a larger up front benefit because you don't have to worry about the power creep from no past lives to 33 of them, only from 0 to 11.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

Epic Destiny Past Lives don't stack in the current proposals, it's a one-time thing when you bond the destiny.

Previously posted in the main thread on this:

If you wanted a simple proposal, do the following when you bond a Destiny:
    1. You gain the Level 0 innate ability for that Destiny as a passive feat available to you at level 1
    2. You gain 1 extra Fate Point
    3. You gain 8 more points to spend in that tree

When you have all of them bonded:
    1. You automatically gain the passive feat Epic Completionist which grants a stacking +2 bonus to all skills and ability scores.
    2. You gain a 4th Twist Slot
    3. You can now upgrade your Twist Slots to Tier 5

And while you're doing this, please make the Completionist feat an auto-grant. You'll make a lot of people happy and won't break the game in the process.

Some of the Level 0 innate abilities can be tweaked to provide additional benefits, as an example, Draconic Incarnation level 0 could give an additional +10 PRR to reflect your draconic lineage. This would benefit casters and melee alike. You would get the benefit of this while the Destiny is active, so you wouldn't need the Epic Destiny Past Life Feat to benefit from it. Binding the destiny just makes the level 0 abilities permanent.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    Epic Destiny Past Lives don't stack in the current proposals, it's a one-team thing when you bind the destiny.

Previously posted in the main thread on this:

If you wanted a simple proposal, do the following when you bond a Destiny:
    1. You gain the Level 0 innate ability for that Destiny as a passive feat available to you at level 1
    2. You gain 1 extra Fate Point
    3. You gain 8 more points to spend in that tree

When you have all of them bonded:
    1. You automatically gain the passive feat Epic Completionist which grants a stacking +2 bonus to all skills and ability scores.
    2. You gain a 4th Twist Slot
    3. You can now upgrade your Twist Slots to Tier 5

And while you're doing this, please make the Completionist feat an auto-grant. You'll make a lot of people happy and won't break the game in the process.

Some of the Level 0 innate abilities can be tweaked to provide additional benefits, as an example, Draconic Incarnation level 0 could give an additional +10 PRR to reflect your draconic lineage. This would benefit casters and melee alike. You would get the benefit of this while the Destiny is active, so you wouldn't need the Epic Destiny Past Life Feat to benefit from it. Binding the destiny just makes the level 0 abilities permanent.
    I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for more fate points to be added or for another twist slot or twists going up to rank 5. The system was designed to cap twists at tier 4. This limitation is built into the trees and is a reason why some tier 5+ abilities can be so powerful. They are bound to that destiny through the mechanics. I can't see the devs wanting to mess with that. Adding more fate points to your max total through past lives increases power creep and increases the distance from multi life toons and single life toons. This is already an issue in heroic TR (spellcasters specifically) so I just can't see Turbine wanting to increase the divide further. As a hardcore player, I'd love the extra power, but there is a voice inside my head saying it's just not going to happen.

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

Quote Originally Posted by redspecter23 View Post
    Adding more fate points to your max total through past lives increases power creep and increases the distance from multi life toons and single life toons.
    An element of power creep is inevitable if someone decides to go ahead and max out all Heroic and Iconic Past Lives x3, together with the 11 Epic Destiny Past Lives, but we've said repeatedly that we need to rely on Turbine to ensure that none of this becomes a prerequisite for new content. If you're not more powerful after that then what is the point of the exercise? You shouldn't be uber-godmode-one-shot-look-at-stuff-and-it-dies-or-runs-away-screaming, but you should definitely have something that benefits most if not all future builds on that character.

At the moment you have 18 Fate Points, or 20 if you buy a Tome, which gives you 4/2/1 twist slots (and the 2 from the Tome does nothing, but heyho).

With an extra 11 Fate Points and a Fourth Slot you could get 4/3/2/1 but only if you bought a tome (unless Epic Completion granted an extra Fate Point in which case the Fate Tome becomes optional again).

That's not a massive difference and there's nothing to say that you will put a Tier 3 enhancement in a Tier 3 slot, at the moment I have my 4/2/1 loaded with 4/1/1 twists.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    An element of power creep is inevitable if someone decides to go ahead and max out all Heroic and Iconic Past Lives x3, together with the 11 Epic Destiny Past Lives, but we've said repeatedly that we need to rely on Turbine to ensure that none of this becomes a prerequisite for new content. If you're not more powerful after that then what is the point of the exercise? You shouldn't be uber-godmode-one-shot-look-at-stuff-and-it-dies-or-runs-away-screaming, but you should definitely have something that benefits most if not all future builds on that character.

At the moment you have 18 Fate Points, or 20 if you buy a Tome, which gives you 4/2/1 twist slots (and the 2 from the Tome does nothing, but heyho).

With an extra 11 Fate Points and a Fourth Slot you could get 4/3/2/1 but only if you bought a tome (unless Epic Completion granted an extra Fate Point in which case the Fate Tome becomes optional again).

That's not a massive difference and there's nothing to say that you will put a Tier 3 enhancement in a Tier 3 slot, at the moment I have my 4/2/1 loaded with 4/1/1 twists.
    The addition of any sort of fate point just points to a much larger problem. The extreme diminishing returns associated with the fate point/twist system. I'm not against adding more fate points, but I personally don't think past lives are the place for them. I want to see unique, useful abilities tied into past lives, not just more of the same thing we've been grinding destinies for anyway. The suggestion to add the level 0 autogrants is reasonable, but there are enough adjustments that would need to be made that it would probably be easier just to design a set of abilities that mimics autogrants instead. Some are simply just not designed to be used outside of the destiny.

Default No stacking? Alright then. Let's try again~

Martial Sphere

Legendary Dreadnought: +2 to the DCs of tactical feats and whenever you slay an enemy with weapons you get -2 seconds to the cooldowns of all tactical feats (including manyshot) for 10 seconds. This stacks twice at level 10 and three times at level 20. Stacks vanish one at a time.

Shadowdancer: +2 to Assasinate and Quivering Palm DCs. In addition, you can add up to 5 points of your dexterity modifier to your dodge cap.

Grandmaster of Flowers: +3 to all saves. If you have monk levels, you gain .5[W] with all weapons when centered.

Divine Sphere

Unyielding Sentinel: +2 to blocking AC and DR when blocking, and you additionally gain +1 PRR per two character levels.

Exalted Angel: 10% Light absorption and 5% light and aligned spellpower per 8 character levels.

Primal Sphere

Shiradi Champion: +1 to ranged damage and to-hit per 6 character levels, and if you have the Archer's Focus feat, the stacks fade away half as fast.

Fury of the Wild: +1 melee damage with an additional +1 per 5 character levels. You gain double this benefit when under the effects of power attack. If you have any barbarian levels you gain 1 use of rage per 8 character levels and your rage lasts 10% longer.

Primal Avatar: Your summons gain +3 to saves and 20% HP bonus. You personally gain +3 spellpower per 4 character levels to your acid, electric, fire and ice spells.

Arcane Sphere

Fatesinger: +1 to all charisma-based skills and checks per 7 character levels. If you have bard levels, you gain 1 extra Song per 8 character levels and your songs last 10% longer.

Draconic Incarnation: -4 to the spell point costs of Empower and Maximize. Your total Concentation score is increased by 10% when making a concentration check.

Magister: +2 to the caster levels and maximum of all buffing spells (i.e., anything that is entirely harmless or doesn't heal). The spellcasting implement in your main hand gains +1 to it's enhancement bonus for the purpose of determining it's spellpower bonus. This increases by 1 every 10 character levels.

Default Bit over top

Martial Sphere

Legendary Dreadnought: +2 to the DCs of tactical feats and whenever you slay an enemy with weapons you get -2 seconds to the cooldowns of all tactical feats (including manyshot) for 10 seconds. This stacks twice at level 10 and three times at level 20. Stacks vanish one at a time.

Shadowdancer: +2 to Assasinate and Quivering Palm DCs. In addition, you can add up to 5 points of your dexterity modifier to your dodge cap.

Grandmaster of Flowers: +3 to all saves. If you have monk levels, you gain .5[W] with all weapons when centered.

Divine Sphere

Unyielding Sentinel: +2 to blocking AC and DR when blocking, and you additionally gain +1 PRR per two character levels.

Exalted Angel: 10% Light absorption and 5% light and aligned spellpower per 8 character levels.

Primal Sphere

Shiradi Champion: +1 to ranged damage and to-hit per 6 character levels, and if you have the Archer's Focus feat, the stacks fade away half as fast.

Fury of the Wild: +1 melee damage with an additional +1 per 5 character levels. You gain double this benefit when under the effects of power attack. If you have any barbarian levels you gain 1 use of rage per 8 character levels and your rage lasts 10% longer.

Primal Avatar: Your summons gain +3 to saves and 20% HP bonus. You personally gain +3 spellpower per 4 character levels to your acid, electric, fire and ice spells.

Arcane Sphere

Fatesinger: +1 to all charisma-based skills and checks per 7 character levels. If you have bard levels, you gain 1 extra Song per 8 character levels and your songs last 10% longer.

Draconic Incarnation: -4 to the spell point costs of Empower and Maximize. Your total Concentation score is increased by 10% when making a concentration check.

Magister: +2 to the caster levels and maximum of all buffing spells (i.e., anything that is entirely harmless or doesn't heal). The spellcasting implement in your main hand gains +1 to it's enhancement bonus for the purpose of determining it's spellpower bonus. This increases by 1 every 10 character levels.
    Your original ones seemed better. Keep in mind that ideally these would be played with even at the low levels, where big stuff ( *Cough* Airship *Cough*) can make things too simple. The dev posting said that the plan is to not have these feats stack Initially, so I think your original ones with stacking in mind are spot on
    Because DDO content is created by hand, some issues cannot be fixed with a global change. We must fix these issues one-by-one by hand with the help of bug reports. This includes:
    Ladder issues: please include the /loc when reporting a ladder issue

Ok something useful http://ddowiki.com/page/Exalted_Angel

I started seeing some suggestions for the Epic Destiny Past Life Auto Grant and frankly
    they are kind of poorly thought out.

I do know about angel builds, so I can contribute there.

Angels builds at the moment suffer from two things.
    Lack of Light SLA and terrible cooldown of Reborn in light.

So, a solid Angel Past Life Auto Grant would address one or both of these two issues.

The cooldown on Reborn in Light is the most complained about epic destiny cooldown;
    it is 30 minutes and persists after you leave a quest.

Reducing the cooldown to 10 minutes would be much better without being broken.
    In fact many would insist that it need to be readjusted anyway.

Instead of adding more Light SLA, if the cooldown of Avenging Light (which is easily
    twistable) could be reduced to the range of 1 to 2 seconds cooldown instead of 3 seconds,
    that would greatly help reduced hot key madness and provide a solid SLA for Divines.

The lack of Light SLA (nimbus of light does not even increment the endless aura/
    reborn in light counters) makes it near impossible to use this epic destiny efficiently
    with a cleric who lack the archon of a favored soul and the Silver Flame Past Life SLA.

Martial Sphere

Divine Sphere

Primal Sphere

Arcane Sphere

I like those with few exceptions:
    1)Exalted Angel: You gain 3% light absorbsion and a +2 benefit to the Echoes of Power feat, if you posess it.
    Well... Useless... Id make it 3% for light crit(or 2% it stackable 3 times) and +2 to your light/positive/fire spell power.
    Light absorption is pretty useless on fvs.

2) US - Id add hit points in there. like 10 hp. or sth like that. Cause only tanks will have use from AC. From hp? everyone.

3) Draconic - good but intimidate is pretty useless. Make it diplo or concentration.

4) Magister - well maybe DC? :P considering that right now wizzies in EE GH have a hard time landing anything.

Anyway - overall its good and not-op. But Exalted Angel and Magister seems useless.

Martial Sphere

Divine Sphere

Primal Sphere

Arcane Sphere

This on the other hand I like very much. And I also like idea of non stacking Epic Past Lifes. Doing 3ETR for 1 ED would be a nightmare.
    But I think Exalted Angel still would use something extra.
    Last edited by Kayla93; 06-19-2013 at 08:39 AM.

Exalted Angel could use a small boost from what you have proposed.

I was thinking +40 to light based spell power abilities and another Light based SLA
    Characters: Celemia / Tukson / Thau (Broken link) / Atremus

“A pessimist is one who feels bad when he feels good for fear he'll feel worse when he feels better.”

Community Member

Looking at the way the Past Life feats were originally setup, they're primarily focused on the class the PL feat is for, not on its benefit to some other class that might take it. Granted the EDs aren't class specific, though most are nominally associated with some class, some of these feat suggestions seem geared toons that aren't in any way actually interested in the pure class the ED is nominally for. I'll stick mostly to critiquing the ones most associated with classes I actually play.

I'm also unclear, will these new EDPL feats come active at lvl20 or at lvl1?

Martial Sphere

Do tactical feats even need a +2 DC bonus? I can hit 71dc on feats like Stunning Fist, making it no-fail on everything I've tried it on, and that's w/o PL Heroic PLs or a +6 mastery item (so maybe it hits a 72-75 cap). +2 would pretty much future proof it. Having the game calculate a shifting cooldown on the fly would be a lag and epileptic nightmare. I don't use fighters, but I'm sure there's some other buff they could use (probably saves, since they ought to learn how to dodge a blow now and then ).

I agree that a small buff to assassinate, as it currently caps pretty low, would have value, but not huge, though I wouldn't mix Quivering Palm in with it. And, maybe 1 more SA die.

There's really little need for a monk to want more saves. You're pretty untouchable in EH now as a monk by anything that can be saved against. Higher damage though always helps a monk.

Divine Sphere

Meh, the only toons needing Light absorb is PMs outside of maybe one quest. I'll take a higher +1 or +2 CL and/or DC on the necro stuff over that which would help the uselessness of PM/FVS/CLR necro spells in EE.

Arcane Sphere

I'm not sure what I'd be happy with for sorc/wiz, but these seem really underwhleming, and I'm pretty sure most would never EDTR to claim one. My 2c anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by myliftkk_v2 View Post

I'm not sure what I'd be happy with for sorc/wiz, but these seem really underwhleming, and I'm pretty sure most would never EDTR to claim one. My 2c anyhow.
    Proposals like these made me not want to ETR my arcane. Why bother. Its useless.
    More like +5 DC or even +10 DC needed. Here is

mine:

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrande View Post
    Proposals like these made me not want to ETR my arcane. Why bother. Its useless.
    More like +5 DC or even +10 DC needed. Here is

mine:

Oh I like this set of passive Epic PL feats. Those truly seem Epic.

One possible minor change: Grandmaster grants +5 damage to unarmed attacks only (?). Or: your fists have been through epic training and now deal 1d12 damage in unarmed combat (?).

“A pessimist is one who feels bad when he feels good for fear he'll feel worse when he feels better.”

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Atremus View Post
    Oh I like this set of passive Epic PL feats. Those truly seem Epic.

One possible minor change: Grandmaster grants +5 damage to unarmed attacks only (?). Or: your fists have been through epic training and now deal 1d12 damage in unarmed combat (?).
    If you're going to have force spell power, then just have your fists do 1d8 -12 magical force dmg, subject to crits/spell power, otherwise it's of limited usefulness and KI management generally isn't a big issue that needs to be buffed. There's a lot of things you could give a monk's unarmed attacks that would be worth taking an EDTR for, Entropic, Vampirism, etc.

I think the assassinate could use a boost, but maybe not +5. I'd rather see some stacking fortification bypass or inherent spell agility, and not an inherent Dimension Door.

Any more +DCs on tactical feats is really unnecessary.

The concept of the seeds is a good one, or even Epic SLAs that cost the caster experience, not SP. I'd be in favor of all of the EDPLs coming with a new SLA that required a personal XP or some equivalent negative tradeoff for use (measured against potential XP gained of course, not already earned). Considering that the true cost of highly sought power is usually something non-trivial, it would make for interesting situational decisions on usage.

If you're going to have force spell power, then just have your fists do 1d8 -12 magical force dmg, subject to crits/spell power, otherwise it's of limited usefulness and KI management generally isn't a big issue that needs to be buffed. There's a lot of things you could give a monk's unarmed attacks that would be worth taking an EDTR for, Entropic, Vampirism, etc.
    Anything they can do to boost the Universal Damage of the Monk would rock. And I do agree that we don't need more Ki (from a pure monk POV).

Any more +DCs on tactical feats is really unnecessary.
    I would like to see more Tactical DC's personally. While I can land a stun, I would like to land more Sunder attempts without swapping on hight fort enemies.

The concept of the seeds is a good one, or even Epic SLAs that cost the caster experience, not SP. I'd be in favor of all of the EDPLs coming with a new SLA that required a personal XP or some equivalent negative tradeoff for use (measured against potential XP gained of course, not already earned). Considering that the true cost of highly sought power is usually something non-trivial, it would make for interesting situational decisions on usage.
    Just give divines something else to play with! Our spells are good but not great. Another light based SLA/Seed would do wonders

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Atremus View Post
    Just give divines something else to play with! Our spells are good but not great. Another light based SLA/Seed would do wonders
    I was hoping for something like Sunburst, but with the Sun-Elf Iconic Morninglord having it as a SLA so unlikey it would be used.

Though I wouldnt mind this http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Heaven%27s_Judgement

Its light based aoe judgement that effects evil creatures and fits well with Exalted Angel destiny.

Though I would settle for Nimbus of Light SLA and an increase in maximum caster level to light spells by 1 level per rank of EA level. Plus 5% increase in spell points to make it useful to non light damage spell casters.
    Last edited by Hoiii; 06-20-2013 at 04:04 AM.

For everyone who said my suggestions were poor, for one reason or another: If you don't like my ideas, why not make your own? This is a suggestion thread, after all, not a whining thread. ;D
    Last edited by HatsuharuZ; 06-19-2013 at 05:04 PM.

Legendary dreadnaught: Passive grant prof with all martial weapons. or choose a feat from the fighters feat list. I like the cooldown ideas but why not let them work on ALL cooldowns, then it becomes something that any and everyone could really use.

Draconic Incarnation: could grant bonuses to the proposed change of magical training. Increasing the spell crit chance by 3%-5% and multiplier by .5 or something and/or could grant you this magical training feat and/or an SLA

Exalted : Could grant 1d10 light damage to all melee and magical attacks (this could be 100%,40% whatever) and +5% increase to SP and/or healing amp(though I know the devs are reluctant to provide more healing amp)

Unyielding Sentinel: +20% fort and +10% HP...I dont know, sometimes simple is best

Master of Flowers: Flurry of blows already. +1 ki generation per hit, feat from the martial feats list.

Shadow Dancer: who doesn't want more sneak attack damage. dex/int bonus to damage. Evasion seems like it would be epic maybe too epic tho. how about an evasion or slippery mind that works like deflect arrows and you can only use it once every 10,20,30 seconds?

Fury of the Wild: how about +3 con and +3 str from all forms of rage and/or +15% damage to against helpless mobs.

I couldn't really think of anything more, its my bed time