Community Member

Default Recuiting for a static group.

Hello,

Our static group has an open slot. We play Sunday night from 7 - 10 pm EST and Thursday night from 8 - 10PM EST.

There are not a lot of rules. No twinking - no ddo store - no transfers from other toons. No ship buffs, no hirelings. You can use the AH as long as it is with PP from the questing. You can sell on the AH as long as it items from our questing. Basically we are self reliant.

Currently the group make up is:

7th Fighter - Half Orc
    7th Cleric - Human
    6th Bard / 1st Rogue - Human
    7th Ranger - Elf
    7th Wizard - Human

Any class or race is welcome. (Be aware - group has limited abilities to heal Warforged characters)

If you are interested please reply to this thread.

Ed

I would be interested, but I am already a part of a static group that meets on Sundays, so I'd only be available Thursdays. I have VET2, so I could start a L7 character (probably a human Rogue/Ranger 1/6) with the usual semi-gimpy starting gear.

I am guessing you would need someone that could meet both nights every week though, so as to level up with the group.

Community Member

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately Sunday Night is the main night. That is when we usually run the chained quests.

Ed

Quote Originally Posted by Ed_Conn View Post
    Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately Sunday Night is the main night. That is when we usually run the chained quests.

Ed
    Okay no worries, it's understandable. Good luck!

Community Member

Default Still Recruiting

Just a note that we still have one spot open. We play on Argonesson 8-10 PM eastern Thursdays and 7-10 PM eastern Sundays.

You can see our original thread here: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-join-a-group

Please contact Ed_Conn or me by PM if you're interested. You can also look up Meensc or Nynaave during our gaming sessions via tells.

-Catt

Community Member

Still have one slot open. Any class works really. See above for details and who to contact. The group is now level 11. If you happen to have an existing toon on Argo around that level, we would be open to considering it. Not necessarily a need to build from scratch.

I would be interested, although might not be available on Thursdays and occasionally Sundays (stupid reality, getting in the way of my gaming). I have vet2, and I am competent in most classes, so whatever you need for group. I do have a mic and ears, as well as large amounts of expirience with DDO. I would be fine with any level goal to reach, including epic and TRing. I own all content as well as classes and races. I'll check thread periodically for a response.
    Native to the halls of house Ghallanda, it comes in four main forms: a TR train wreck named Lotyzon, a Jugg named Ignastius, an epic character raider named Chaosbearer, and Xoriat, the character so insane, it never passes level 5! I need more souls to finish my quilting project. Yours will do nicely...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lotyzon-Chaosbearer View Post
    I would be interested, although might not be available on Thursdays and occasionally Sundays (stupid reality, getting in the way of my gaming). I have vet2, and I am competent in most classes, so whatever you need for group. I do have a mic and ears, as well as large amounts of expirience with DDO. I would be fine with any level goal to reach, including epic and TRing. I own all content as well as classes and races. I'll check thread periodically for a response.
    First, we are all level 17 now. So, if you have something in that range (something lower, not higher would be best), that could work. (We don't care about bravery bonus or anything.) We wouldn't expect you to roll something from scratch at this point. Our group is perfectly balanced at the moment--trapping, heals, dps, support, etc.--so it doesn't matter what you'd play. (We have a paladin/monk something or other, a wizard with rogue splash for traps, a pure ranger AA, and a pure cleric dps/heal caster.) A first-lifer would be best, but hey, we're flexible. We're less about rules and more about having fun while killing digital monsters.

The only stipulation that I (as the cleric) strongly urge, is that if you are warforged, you can self heal (and I don't mean pots). I have a strong like for classes that don't need babysitting on my part as I like to spam my SLAs. The last guy that needed constant babysitting (a druid ironically...) ended up a soul stone more often than not. I'm not saying I don't heal, oh, I do, I just don't stare at red bars constantly, is all. (If I were just a healbot, I'd tear my eyes out.)

There are four of us now, and we play very strongly as a GROUP. So, running ahead to solo mobs (or attempt to) or running straight to the quest when the rest of us are exploring an explorer area would just cause extreme annoyance to the rest of us. We do NOT flower sniff. However, most of us have played the game for years, but as we've done so, we want something different than the typical "zerg to the end for max xp/min experience". Think of vets who know what they're doing, but they're just not worried about how fast they do it. The key is team work.

Sundays are the main game night (3 hours) and Thursday we play 2 hours. If you can't make any Thursdays, that may not work well. An occassional miss now and again is no big deal (we all need to for RL stuff), but if you can't make the game times consistently, it may not work well for all involved.

Anyway, if I haven't scared you off (but what's the point in not stating stuff up front--it would only result in wasted time for everyone) you can either reply to this thread or send Ed_Conn or Catteras a private message. I'm usually on Catteras, but tonight that account can't post on our lovely forums (who knows why...) so I'm on this account.

Cheers,
    -Taters
    Argonnessen: Catteras, Lukie, Totalle, Paularubia, Momentte, Complette, Malaena, Lethale, Tottalle
    Some clever quote is supposed to go here, right?

I will make as many Thursdays as I can, but for example I have to play in the marching band this Thursday. I can roll a iconic fighter or paladin (can mc from there.) or, on some other servers I have higher levels. I'll have to check for Argo. I have been doing xp/min runs for a while, and I've been looking for a middle ground group to run. I would be interested, and I don't care what I play, but I'll look at group comp and see what I can come up with.
    Native to the halls of house Ghallanda, it comes in four main forms: a TR train wreck named Lotyzon, a Jugg named Ignastius, an epic character raider named Chaosbearer, and Xoriat, the character so insane, it never passes level 5! I need more souls to finish my quilting project. Yours will do nicely...

Zzpain, lvl16. I have the +20 heart of wood, so pick a class, or I'll come up with something. He'll only have pretty basic stone of xp gear though. Also, epic levels or TRing? So I can build around goal.
    Last edited by Lotyzon-Chaosbearer; 09-11-2013 at 11:10 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lotyzon-Chaosbearer View Post
    Zzpain, lvl16. I have the +20 heart of wood, so pick a class, or I'll come up with something. He'll only have pretty basic stone of xp gear though. Also, epic levels or TRing? So I can build around goal.
    Go ahead and pick what you would like to play. We have
    paladin/monk (survivable dps type)
    wizard with rogue splash (utility, nukes, instakills, traps)
    ranger arcane archer (ranged dps)
    cleric (healer and dps contributor)
    So we are not really "missing" anything. Any build will do really.

I see us going fairly deep into epics when we get there. Most likely once we've run all the epic quests once (including both expansion packs), I'm guessing that we might TR and do it all over. Just a guess. We haven't really discussed as a group.

We play Thursdays at from 8 to 10 PM eastern time and Sunday from 7 to 10 PM eastern time. On Argonnesson. Send a tell in game to Nynaave (me) or Meensc (Ed_Conn).
    -Taters
    Argonnessen: Catteras, Lukie, Totalle, Paularubia, Momentte, Complette, Malaena, Lethale, Tottalle
    Some clever quote is supposed to go here, right?

Zzpain, lvl16 warforged cleric (thought I'd do a repeat so I can backup or won't be missed if not there.). Still got **** for gear.