Thread: Brown Textures

Community Member

Default Brown Textures

Randomly (I haven't been able to figure out what triggers it) the textures in game will be a lot more brown then they should be. Included is a picture of House K with the textures looking normal and with the brown problem.

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit with an AMD Radeon HD 6520G gpu. All my drivers are up to date.

Anyone have any ideas?

I've got the same problem. I *think* it's related to Radeon cards and gamma correction. My wife runs a GTX 550 and I have an HD 7770 with the rest of our hardware being practically identical. I have the "browning" problem about once every four or five game loads. She's never experienced it. My solution has been to Alt-Enter into windowed mode and then back into full screen. That fixes it on my box, at least until the next time it happens. I can't guarantee the same thing will fix your issue, but it's easy to test.

Best of luck!
    The newest computer can merely compound, at speed, the oldest problem in the relations between human beings, and in the end the communicator will be confronted with the old problem, of what to say and how to say it. - Edward R. Murrow (1964)

Community Member

Thanks for the suggestion, but alt-entering doesn't seem to work

Quote Originally Posted by BentoBox View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion, but alt-entering doesn't seem to work
    Well, that sux.

Ummm. The hotbar icons look the same in both images which makes a monitor or connection problem unlikely. I think it's a DX or driver issue. Have you tried running in a revision of DX other than the one in which you have this problem? I know the effect is random and hard to predict, but give running in DX 9, 10 and 11 a go and see what that does.

Best of luck!
    The newest computer can merely compound, at speed, the oldest problem in the relations between human beings, and in the end the communicator will be confronted with the old problem, of what to say and how to say it. - Edward R. Murrow (1964)

Community Member

Problem presents in DX 9, 10, and 11

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Looks like Gamma correction is being lost. Just lightly tap the Gamma in your options. One click (on the arrow) left or right then one in the opposite direction and you should be fine.

Probably a driver issue honestly.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    Looks like Gamma correction is being lost. Just lightly tap the Gamma in your options. One click (on the arrow) left or right then one in the opposite direction and you should be fine.

Probably a driver issue honestly.
    Didn't work I have the latest drivers installed for my GPU.

edit: could it be the mystery factor is the time of the day in game? That is, whether it's daytime or evening?
    Last edited by BentoBox; 06-25-2013 at 08:38 AM.

edit: could it be the mystery factor is the time of the day in game? That is, whether it's daytime or evening?
    I'd accept that as the cause if it didn't happen to me as well and was fixed with the aforementioned kludge. I can tell it's happening when the game loads, right from the character selection screen; everything is dark with a brownish-gray tint. I don't think time of day is a factor during character selection. However, I'm not discounting we may have similar problems with a common outcome yet no shared origin.

Default Brightness

When I have this problem, I go into options and move the Brightness setting by one, and then move it back.

Quote Originally Posted by sebastianosmith View Post
    I'd accept that as the cause if it didn't happen to me as well and was fixed with the aforementioned kludge. I can tell it's happening when the game loads, right from the character selection screen; everything is dark with a brownish-gray tint. I don't think time of day is a factor during character selection. However, I'm not discounting we may have similar problems with a common outcome yet no shared origin.

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

To the extent that you are seeing it, I doubt it.

You may have to go into your driver settings and see if they are conflicting with the game. And that starts to go into a depth I'll only give suggestions if I"m there in front of the screen.

I'm pretty certain it is video setting related. You may need to play with the options, but something is getting lost.

Community Member

How do I go into the driver settings?