Default Petition to fix the forum

Dear Turbine,

we, your truly devoted fans and player base herewith ask you to finally fix this forum here.

1.) Please fix the colors and sizes here. This Thread helps a lot but it is a sad affair from your forum design staff not to be able to do the small but direly needed style changes. Not everybody wants to use Chrome with the (admittably genius) fan powered stylebot changes.

2.) Please alter the timer for automatically log out. One minute is much too less time to do a quality posting.

3.) Please fix the broken buttons with reply / edit / add reputation... It is nerfing to always opening a new tab any time we want to do something else than reading a post...

Aways remember, new players tend to check the forum first and seeing the sad state of affairs in here will not help you gain new customers.

(Signed)

Community Member

Unhappy

You missed the part about the broken redirect for old forum links.

Quote Originally Posted by kwyjibo_lol View Post
    You missed the part about the broken redirect for old forum links.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nestroy View Post
    Dear Turbine,

we, your truly devoted fans and player base herewith ask you to finally fix this forum here.

1.) Please fix the colors and sizes here. This Thread helps a lot but it is a sad affair from your forum design staff not to be able to do the small but direly needed style changes. Not everybody wants to use Chrome with the (admittably genius) fan powered stylebot changes.

2.) Please alter the timer for automatically log out. One minute is much too less time to do a quality posting.

3.) Please fix the broken buttons with reply / edit / add reputation... It is nerfing to always opening a new tab any time we want to do something else than reading a post...

Aways remember, new players tend to check the forum first and seeing the sad state of affairs in here will not help you gain new customers.

(Signed)
    First to show old threads, theres a quick workaround:
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Aris1000 View Post
    One of the annoying aspects of the DDO forum upgrade is that links to threads to the old forum have been broken. Luckily, the thread ID number has stayed the same, so it is easy to correct the link using a little bit of address-bar-fu.

The old links looked like this:
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=193439

As of now, the above link will take you to a 404 page.

But, if you change the address to:
    http://ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/193439

It works fine, and goes to the same thread.

When I get to it, I'll correct as many of the links to my guides as possible, but I hope you find this useful if you find other broken links.
    Second, yeah I see why people dont like the new forums, but for me its quite 'meh'ish. I dont see a horrific problem for me nor do I see benefits.
    /supporting

Community Member

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by YoureDown View Post
    First to show old threads, theres a quick workaround:
    You do realise that this quick workaround doesn't always work. There have been plenty of old links that show up as a different threads or come back with nothing.