Community Member

Default Good solo exp after 20?

Hi all,

Logged in today and I could not find a group.

I have never done the Solo Challlenges - are there any ones that give good exp after 20?

How about quests or quest lines I should look into?

I tried slayer quests in Gianthold, but it seems for effort put in to exp gained - it's slow slogging for a lvl 20 Druid.

Thanks.

Community Member

After I hit lvl 20 on several of my characters, I went to Kings Forest and farmed commendations, searched for Elminsters messages and random encounters.
    When I got bored with that after a few level increases, I went and explored the high road, even soloed the quests on normal, except for the last one.

When in Epic GH, I always just popped in to check for dragons (or test new equipment/attacks), then back out if they weren't there...if they were, I got a guildy or two to help me.
    Some folks can solo a dragon. I tried...and got my butt kicked every time.

As for the challenges, I don't know hardly any of them well enough to solo.

All of the challenges give good first time bonuses. The Eveningstar ones can give upwards of 70k with all XP boosts going and a 5 or 6 star, however, a level 20 druid may be challenged to complete depending on your experience. Some of the Cannith challenges are a lot easier to solo like the Dragon's Hoard and Time is Money. The mansion is easy, too, once you know the layout of the place.

I'd suggest before epic GH, you head out in to the King's forest. Grab yourself a map from the ddowiki and hit all the explorer's out there. That will be worth a big chunk of XP and with that you'll get some kills too. Find your way in to the underdark and do the same thing. Between the forest, underdark and Schindilrryn, there is a very large amount of XP to collect.
    Persius, Equus, Maeric, Khaaldun, Robotcoupe
    The Exploration Society ~ Thelanis

I agree that the High Road is a great explorer zone for solo. A full run including all explorers will get a nice first time bonus and the rare mobs pop up often enough to keep you busy.

The King's Forest I find is much more exciting with a group due to the scaling. You could walk around for 20 minutes and have killed only a handful of mobs and still have not seen a single rare when you solo. If you are into a slower pace explorer zone, then it's probably perfect.

When looking for quests to solo, I stick with normal versions of epic quests in Eberron but if you're confident in your skills, hard Forgotten Realms quests seem to be much easier than epic hard Eberron content of similar level.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Quote Originally Posted by RudedawCDN View Post
    Hi all,

Logged in today and I could not find a group.

I have never done the Solo Challlenges - are there any ones that give good exp after 20?

How about quests or quest lines I should look into?

I tried slayer quests in Gianthold, but it seems for effort put in to exp gained - it's slow slogging for a lvl 20 Druid.

Thanks.
    Start with the House P quests and try to do them on hard first, if it's too tough drop to Normal. Continue on to House D (Hard) and then on to Red Fens Epics and the House K Von Series. Don't worry about the raid right now. Do Lords of Dust and the second quest there (can't remember the name right now. Cross the demon web and then run the Evening Star series>>Underdark Chain>>Web quests. Then you can start on the High Road Series and then on to GH. You can do that Druid Deep chain in there as well, after the Demon Web chain for some more XP. Like I said, try them on hard and if that's too tough drop to Norm, no biggie. You'll be cap'd before you know it using this progression.
    Abamf|Skwat|Baucas Thelanis

Community Member

Explorers:

GH
    Kings Forest
    Underdark
    Schindrylyn (sic)
    The High Road

Slayer:

Pretty easy to get at least 100 - 200 slayer in each area above just by running explorers. If you want a high slay count, put up an LFM for Kings Forest or better, High Road, since scaling certainly goes dramatically upwards and speeds up the XP gain.

Quests:

I'd avoid the repeat penatlies before you hit 25, but most quests are soloable on EN for an average toon I'd wager.

Challenges:

Extraplanar Palace ones are soloable (w/ hires), but they tend to be mind-numbing doing alone. Usually the LFMs tend to draw people though, so long as you are a good torch runner, because people always need tokens or Cannith gear (even more so now w/ all the augment slots).

Quote Originally Posted by Permian View Post
    Start with the House P quests and try to do them on hard first, if it's too tough drop to Normal. Continue on to House D (Hard) and then on to Red Fens Epics and the House K Von Series. Don't worry about the raid right now. Do Lords of Dust and the second quest there (can't remember the name right now. Cross the demon web and then run the Evening Star series>>Underdark Chain>>Web quests. Then you can start on the High Road Series and then on to GH. You can do that Druid Deep chain in there as well, after the Demon Web chain for some more XP. Like I said, try them on hard and if that's too tough drop to Norm, no biggie. You'll be cap'd before you know it using this progression.
    Hate to quote myself but I completely forgot the desert. Do those after the House Ps and Ds, or after House Ks if you want to. Good Luck!
    Abamf|Skwat|Baucas Thelanis