Thread: Owlbear Saves

Default Owlbear Saves

Has anyone actually seen the Epic Owlbear make a save against spells?

I'm not talking about the level 17 in Heroic content... I'm asking about the 'epic' hireling.

I think turbine forgot to program 'SAVES' into the hireling. Let's hope they fix it in the 18.2 patch.
    Dorian

Not sure about spells but I know even a trap on norm will kill it deader than...something that dies easily. I suspect it has no saves.
    "Shut up and die like a wizard"

Quote Originally Posted by tralfaz81 View Post
    Not sure about spells but I know even a trap on norm will kill it deader than...something that dies easily. I suspect it has no saves.
    I think they forgot to give the Owlbear its base saves (like the saves we get when we level up). It probably only gets the bonus to saves from ability points.

A post from Tolero said the Owlbear has WIS 20. That would mean his will save is 5. Very low for anything in epic content.

That sound about right?
    Dorian

I was using my level 24 sorcerer to farm Eyes of Stone for an alt who had already ransacked the chest. Just before the end fight, I popped my level 25 owlbear.

When the fight started he was one-shotted, presumably by the medusa. This was on elite, so it was a level 16 quest with a level 25 character?

I haven't used him all that much since then.
    All on Thelanis: Archenpaul Sixblade, Archernicus Thornwood, Gregorovic Redcloak, Hermanius Brightblade, Jaklomeo Evermug, Jonathraxius Kane, and Praetoreus Silvershield.

Cogito ergo summopere periculosus.

currently owlbear get:
    1)no dps(about the same as cleric hireling four level below doing melee)
    2)no armor at all(or extreme low like 10 or 20)
    3)no save(or extreme low like 5 or 10)
    4)no equipment

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by mobrien316 View Post
    I was using my level 24 sorcerer to farm Eyes of Stone for an alt who had already ransacked the chest. Just before the end fight, I popped my level 25 owlbear.

When the fight started he was one-shotted, presumably by the medusa. This was on elite, so it was a level 16 quest with a level 25 character?

I haven't used him all that much since then.
    There's two things going on here, I think.

First, I believe there's some sort of scaling problem with all Epic Hirelings in Heroic quests, which causes Epic hirelings to become weaker. I'm not completely sure about this, but that's the rumor that I've heard circulating.

Second, the end fight for Eyes of Stone is very funky. There's a spell that medusa casts, I think Disintegration, that can one shot anyone at level. If you are overlevel, you have more of a chance of surviving. I suspect that this is probably what happened to the Owlbear.

Quote Originally Posted by oradafu View Post
    There's two things going on here, I think.

First, I believe there's some sort of scaling problem with all Epic Hirelings in Heroic quests, which causes Epic hirelings to become weaker. I'm not completely sure about this, but that's the rumor that I've heard circulating.

Second, the end fight for Eyes of Stone is very funky. There's a spell that medusa casts, I think Disintegration, that can one shot anyone at level. If you are overlevel, you have more of a chance of surviving. I suspect that this is probably what happened to the Owlbear.
    You are likely correct; it did seem that the medusa killed him.

However, I believe the owlbear is listed at 1038 hit points. Is the medusa doing 1038 HP disintegrates? In a level 14 quest?
    All on Thelanis: Archenpaul Sixblade, Archernicus Thornwood, Gregorovic Redcloak, Hermanius Brightblade, Jaklomeo Evermug, Jonathraxius Kane, and Praetoreus Silvershield.

Cogito ergo summopere periculosus.