Community Member

Default A Funny (peculiar) Thing Happened this evening

My level 18 WF wizard was in the Dar Qat Embassy quest (I forget its name) and got swamped and died. When I released, I ended up in the Ball and Chain Pub in Wheloon! I have never been to Wheloon before. I have never been in that pub so how could I have spirit bound there? I have done the two U18 quests but not the third one because I haven't bought the expansion.

What an odd thing to happen. The thing is, I can't remember where I last spirit bound. Is it possible that they have reused another pub - maybe the Smuggler's Rest on the Pirate Island? Or is it an advertising thing and regardless of where you spirit bind, if you have done the U18 quests and haven't bought the expansion you go to the Ball and Chain as a teaser to buy it?

It makes it a bit of a long run back to the quest you were hoping to carry on with though...

AJ

I bound my druid in Eveningstar yesterday. When I happened to die because I fell off the bridge in the underdark, I resurrected in Wheloon. I also have never been there on that character. I guess they really really really want people to play that content. I'll run it once for favor and that's it. It's certainly not worth repeating.

So where does /resloc say you will be coming back?

It is possible that the wayloon tavern got switched for an already existing point.

this seems to be going around. a friend last night got rezzed there, she swears she was bound to the 12, and she has never been to that small dumpy litle town

I died four times yesterday and today. I'm bound in the Twelve just outside the airship port and ended up there every time I died. I have done the two free quests on my last life but not the expansion one. I think I did go to Wheloon to look around.

Default funny

odd. doesn't happen to mine.
    Formerly known as Battlehawke until 5/9/2013 when a great storm came through (several weeks after the forum changes btw) and "Poof" Everything went away. ......Thanks Turbine....

Community Member

This happened to me as well...

I show up there when I die on my Wizard.

Community Member

This happened to me as well.

Default Did anyone submit a bug report for this issue?

Abamf|Skwat|Baucas Thelanis

My wife and I sent in a bug report on it shortly after U18 released. The Eveningstar binder will send you there by default. Once bound to Wheloon, it's hard to get unbound from there as many of the other binders indicate your res point has changed, but back you go to Wheloon on /death. Binding in Gianthold does appear to reset the res location. It's humorously frustrating.
    The newest computer can merely compound, at speed, the oldest problem in the relations between human beings, and in the end the communicator will be confronted with the old problem, of what to say and how to say it. - Edward R. Murrow (1964)

Community Member

That sounds like a nifty way to get a first lifer out to eveningstar to do the quests out there. Bind in the 12 and /death ay?

y'all have been hand picked by Shar to be her faithful new disciples in the prison...

Seriously though, if you bind at the Eveningstar tavern and then show /resloc it would show you are bound to Wheloon docks. It seems unfortunate (or is that fortunate?) that we have all been tagged by Shar as the new prisoners.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility

Quote Originally Posted by sebastianosmith View Post
    My wife and I sent in a bug report on it shortly after U18 released. The Eveningstar binder will send you there by default. Once bound to Wheloon, it's hard to get unbound from there as many of the other binders indicate your res point has changed, but back you go to Wheloon on /death. Binding in Gianthold does appear to reset the res location. It's humorously frustrating.
    Exactly this.

Even if you've never been to Wheloon, when you do the new shadow conspiracy quests, you are auto bound to wheloon tavern.

When you try to bind somewhere else, you are still bound to wheloon.

I was on a TR life so I just TR'ed and that solve the problem.

Not sure binding somewhere else in storm reach will help.

I personally didn't mind binding at Wheloon. Liked the owlbear mantle piece they have.... hehe....

Community Member

Default Did Anyone Bug Report This

Quote Originally Posted by Permian View Post
    Yes, I did. And I got the standard 'Thanks for reporting it.....' email back.

If it IS Advertising then it is a bit sad and I wish they wouldn't do it. Trying to get back from Wheloon to wherever your quest is in time before it resets is a pain and nigh on impossible in some cases due to the amount of 'Loading please wait' screens you have to go through.

AJ