Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gratch View Post
    Anything on the U18 bug that causes the first login (by slower machines) to get to character login, show the area you've landed, connect to guild channels...but before you can move the character the RECV bytes goes to Zero and network icon goes yellow,red and then you get a game disconnect. Future logins are fine (unless you restart the machine). Don't see it on my desktop machine... only on the laptop. Seems like some network code is waiting for something at character login and then times out too quickly and doesn't listen to any future sent bytes.

Also why does it take an extra minute to login if you left the character in a crafting instance (House K/C)? Some special load caching to prevent crafting from causing other issues?
    Try this: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...oading-screens

Anti-virus software typically severely impacts disk performance. Minor tweaks can adjust that, however. Based on what they have said before, I'd guess logging into a crafting instance takes a long time because it loads all of the additional crafting related data in addition to the usual stuff.

Anything on the U18 bug that causes the first login (by slower machines) to get to character login, show the area you've landed, connect to guild channels...but before you can move the character the RECV bytes goes to Zero and network icon goes yellow,red and then you get a game disconnect. Future logins are fine (unless you restart the machine). Don't see it on my desktop machine... only on the laptop. Seems like some network code is waiting for something at character login and then times out too quickly and doesn't listen to any future sent bytes.

Also why does it take an extra minute to login if you left the character in a crafting instance (House K/C)? Some special load caching to prevent crafting from causing other issues?
    I had this issue with my laptop looooong before U18. Provided my old laptop barely runs itself anymore much less the game, I have the feeling this is more related to trying to run the game on a crappy system than anything newly updated to the game.
    Khyber: Runforr 13/6/1 Rog/Ftr/Mnk, Bakup 3/3/1 Mnk/Pal/Rog (TR Pal), Faylah 14 Mnk (TR Mnk), Janthyra 12/7/1 Brb/Rog/Ftr, Ainbthech 20 Sor, Fliethas 18/2 Fvs/Mnk, Unfilled 12/6/2 Mnk/Rgr/Ftr, Arcanemark 10 Wiz "Don't eat us dragon! We're like you, but smaller. And fly worse." - Kobold Crewman on the Heart of Wind

That's not a U18 bug, that started happening as far as I am aware around U14, it's just been slowly getting worse since.

Default Hey a Maj!

Sorry to ask this here but is there. Any chance Devs are taking a look at both Druids and bards? Both those classes need some serious love.

For druids: I strongly recommend that the increased spell cool downs in animal forms are removed and the forms attack DCs get a boost as well.

For bards: bards need a few more songs and some more spell options. I would also like to see a few less benefits the party enhancements and a few more benefits the bard.
    Making DDO a better game 1 post at a time!

Triple EVERYTHING Completionist= Heroic 39/39, Iconic 12/12, Epic 36/36

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    Sorry, but yeah was dealing with the final touches to U18p2, and did not want to get in the way of the TR talk.
    There will be an update this week on ...drumroll....enhancements and other stuff!
    Thanx for dropping by! I'll glady take busy over "back on hiatus"
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by chrisdinus7 View Post
    Tried... made sure it was the correct folder, but still getting the red network disconnect. Maybe I'll re-install the DDO-Client on the SSD drive and see if that fixes it (It's not a huge SSD so I don't put much on it.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    DO NOT DO THIS. We are investigating.

Community Member Ironclans_evil_twin's Avatar

Fixed in the patch.:This change reverts Wail to pre-U17 behaviour, which should result in fewer "misses" with Wail.
    Any word on what "Lore" affix is going to become? I have characters I can't enjoy playing and gear I wont upgrade without knowing. Would you spend an Abbot seal to make Burning Embers Major lore? No way... Turn in 8 tome pages for a Skiver? No way... Craft 20 flawless blues? Nope... Need to know what cool, powerful and definitely non trivial magic booster is going to replace 9%-12% crit chance and 50% multiplier, because that is one powerful and highly desired affix...

Sometimes it seems like you guys are so cought up in "fixing the bad ideas of past DDO developers" that you lose sight of FUN... fun being the entire point of playing a game

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Varinox View Post
    That's not a U18 bug, that started happening as far as I am aware around U14, it's just been slowly getting worse since.
    This.

Client performance has been slowly degrading for a while now, and been gobbling up more systems at each game modification (update or patch). Recently, the problem has gotten much worse, based upon all the people who brave the new forums to report the issue.

From MajMal's response in last week's thread, it appears Turbine is in basic denial of the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironclans_evil_twin View Post
    Any word on what "Lore" affix is going to become? I have characters I can't enjoy playing and gear I wont upgrade without knowing. Would you spend an Abbot seal to make Burning Embers Major lore?
    Burning Embers? I think you are mixing up DDO Abbot items with World of Warcraft items. DDO doesn't have a Burning Embers. Its called Noxious Embers. The upgrade to Greater Arcane Lore is definitely worth it if you have the new item.

BTW, what does the wail fix have anything to do with Lore items?

No way... Turn in 8 tome pages for a Skiver? No way... Craft 20 flawless blues? Nope... Need to know what cool, powerful and definitely non trivial magic booster is going to replace 9%-12% crit chance and 50% multiplier, because that is one powerful and highly desired affix...
    Hey, tell you what. If you do not need your tome pages or flawless blue scales, I will take them. I will let you know what's cool coming up.

Sometimes it seems like you guys are so cought up in "fixing the bad ideas of past DDO developers" that you lose sight of FUN... fun being the entire point of playing a game
    Some DDO players crunch numbers harder than past DDO developers. Just look at the previous dual Lightning II khopesh users, heavy pick users, people crunching numbers on Cleaver versus Epic Sword of Shadows. People calculating usable ACs... Do we need a math degree to play DDO nowadays? *grins*

Some of the DDO puzzles, let's look at the one at Monastery of the Scorpion, and some of the 3BC ones. IMHO, some of them need to be solved algorithmically and can make someone who just got off of work head hurts. Good thing someone else already done them or it can be taking a few 30 minutes to hours just solving the thing...

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility

Community Member

Sorry, but yeah was dealing with the final touches to U18p2, and did not want to get in the way of the TR talk.
    There will be an update this week on ...drumroll....enhancements and other stuff!
    Thank you very much for asking what we think and thank you even more for following up on it later this week.

By the way, maybe this has been covered before, but was does your sig mean? Care to share?
    CC Casting Druid: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...C-Summer-Build
    Shiradi Wiz Plan for 1st Lifers: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    U25 Patch 1 Dex Halfling Assassin Build: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...x-Assassin-1-0
    Warlock DC Caster: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build

Several characters on Sarlona all starting with "Rand" in the Guild "Guardians of House Cannith". My main four characters are Randowl (18 rogue 2 artificer mechanic - hope to go back to DC casting some day), Randslar (Bard 14 / Fighter 4 / Rogue 2 Swashbuckler), Randek (Druid CC Caster 17/Fvs 3) and Randomall (Rogue 20 assassin).

Community Member Ironclans_evil_twin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrande View Post
    Burning Embers? I think you are mixing up DDO Abbot items with World of Warcraft items. DDO doesn't have a Burning Embers. Its called Noxious Embers. The upgrade to Greater Arcane Lore is definitely worth it if you have the new item.
    Noxious burning, whatever anyway you're missing my point, or misunderstanding my question to the Major of Malphunktioning. Lore affixes on items from what I can tell of the Enhancement pass are all going bye bye... Ah hah now you get why I asked that question.

BTW, what does the wail fix have anything to do with Lore items?
    What does the Wail bug have to do with this thread? clearly people are just asking questions that are important to them. And this question is holding up multiple characters of mine: My FvS wont upgrade Burning <scratch that out> Noxious Embers and my brand new Bladeforged Sorc is really itching for a Skiver, I have 3 or 4 other characters that have or use Lore items.

Hey, tell you what. If you do not need your tome pages or flawless blue scales, I will take them. I will let you know what's cool coming up.
    Yeah you TOTALLY didn't get where I was coming from throwing or giving them away is exactly what I DON'T want to do. If I turn in 8 tome pages (I have 3 full books worth working on more) and they make the Greater Arcane Lore on Skiver into "Cursespewing" I and anyone else who knew they were getting rid of lore items will feel like a complete idiot for throwing away a completed tome of legend without first trying to find out that fact. Same with Blue scales.. although I guess it needs to be said that if the lore on Blue Scale armor became some crappy guard effect or other not very powerful affix their value will just plummet, as you can't do that much else with a blue scale. Tome pages at least have a couple of the coolest weapons in the game so if they gimp Skiver to uselessness at least there's other stuff to take (and it's hard to imagine how they're going to avoid that given how powerful 9% spell crit chance and damage multiplier is). All this goes double for Abbot seals, which are as rare as Hens teeth. I have a Quiver I can use that seal on, but I would prefer to upgrade Embers to Greater lore.

BTW:
    it if you have the new item.
    FYI the old items can be upgraded to the new base items in the upgrade altar, my Quiver and Unwavering Ardency were and converted just fine. At that point you can use a seal on them to get the fully upgraded version.

Community Member MarcusCleardawn's Avatar

Can someone tell me what reverting Wail to pre Update 17 behavior means?

I tried looking for the Release Notes but get the 404 error. Specifically, does this mean Wail works like a point blank area of effect rather than a continuing aura like Implosion?

Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post
    By the way, maybe this has been covered before, but was does your sig mean? Care to share?
    I don't know what the entire thing means, but I recognize the WHIP part. That's "Walks/Hits per Innings Pitched"
    The locus of my identity is totally exterior to me.
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata

DDO Character Planner (Version 04.25.03) (Preview Screenshot) - Now with Warlocky goodness!
    Let's Play DDO!! - My attempt to video document a FULL runthrough of DDO, completionist style (Currently working through level 3 quests)

When is this so called update due to be patched..

also when does the beta for Shadowfell Conspiracy release? (the BETA on lamania im guessing?)

2014 DDO Players Council Flavilandile's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post
    Thank you very much for asking what we think and thank you even more for following up on it later this week.

TGWHTPTDWNRGG

It should be MajMal Title... and he had it for a bit.
    It's an Acronym that has been given to him not long after his first appearance on the forums.

Now the forum search function is so broken that it can't find anything...

After using Google and tinkering with the broken link : https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...WNRGG&langid=2

the guy who has the patience to deal with nerd raging gamer geeks
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusCleardawn View Post

I tried looking for the Release Notes but get the 404 error. Specifically, does this mean Wail works like a point blank area of effect rather than a continuing aura like Implosion?
    it means it'll actually work!

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusCleardawn View Post

It seems, according to the wiki, that change was never in the release notes. According to the history on the spell's page, it was changed during Update 14.

Update 17 broke it so that it wouldn't always target 2 enemies per round. Iirc, the intended change was that it would reselect targets for each round, instead of targeting the same enemies if they survived.

Yeah, this is happening to me on log-in to. I use a laptop, but a pretty fast one - so no idea. My Internet connection is high speed broadband - no issues there, either.

Any ideas as to why this is happening?

If Implosion and Wail are fixed, I believe that I'll start playing my Soul again.
    Characters: Celemia / Tukson / Thau (Broken link) / Atremus

“A pessimist is one who feels bad when he feels good for fear he'll feel worse when he feels better.”

Quote Originally Posted by Singular View Post
    Yeah, this is happening to me on log-in to. I use a laptop, but a pretty fast one - so no idea. My Internet connection is high speed broadband - no issues there, either.

Any ideas as to why this is happening?
    There's some responses above about having your virus-scanner not touch the DDO folder. While that didn't help me, deleting the installation, re-installing on the SSD drive did fix the problem... though whether it was the re-install or specifically putting it on the SSD that helped I can't say... probably the latter. Later I also set the SSD DDO folder as a virus scan exception... couldn't hurt load times.

I did check the 7200RPM 500G drive that previously had DDO on it... no fragmentation... some access was timing out but it's better now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    DO NOT DO THIS. We are investigating.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast