Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default MajDisapointment

What happened to the End of the Week/Monday Morning with MajMalphunktion?

When Friday came and went, I thought "oh, Monday Morning w/MM must've been a replacement for the EotW w/MM, ok..." but here we are on Monday afternoon, and no Maj...

Was our response to his return too posative?

I was hoping he would address either the responses to last weeks questions, or our vehemately voiced concerns over Glins' announcement in the rather direct, PR-BSless fashion we've all come to appreciate from the Maj...

So what's up?
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    [...]we've all come to appreciate from the Maj...

So what's up?
    My guesses are:

1) He is getting ready to finalize the test plans and perhaps setting up the lab for patch 18.2 which includes the band aid for Spell Critical chance and damage.

2) He is getting ready for his kobolds to test drive the new and improved owlbear.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility

I figured they were not done because the Heroic/Iconic/Epic TR Information that they put out late last week.

You know the one that got a lot of feedback and was not well received.

Not sure what Maj. could have posted after that that would not have been a bleed over of what information was released. I think that would have overshadowed anything he could have put out.

Default Moar!

I would love it if he were to make weekly (or even bi-weekly) posts about what the team is doing, what they've accomplished this week, what they hope to do, and just give the community a sense that stuff is being done to make this game even greater than it already is. I, like many other forumites, am always very eager for news about that goes on behind the scenes.
    Because DDO content is created by hand, some issues cannot be fixed with a global change. We must fix these issues one-by-one by hand with the help of bug reports. This includes:
    Ladder issues: please include the /loc when reporting a ladder issue

Community Member

Default :(

Yeah, I was hoping for a week ending too, even if all it said was something like:

End of the Week with MM: nothing going on right now that needs to be discussed or touched on that isn't being touched on!

--OR--

Hey you guys have a good weekend!!!

Both would have been sweet for me, just seeing the new post/thread.

And Monday morning? I was really hoping for today to be:

Monday Morning with MM: Monday morning is here again guys!!! So let me have it with this weekends pet peaves!

That would have been sweet. Even if he never posted after starting the thread, it is nice seeing the official threads being swallowed by new official threads.
    Quote Originally Posted by Codog View Post
    [*]Small evolutionary change that can be completed in shorter stretches of time is more readily achieveable for us than large _revolutionary_ change. Revolutionary change can be rather destabilizing from an engineering and balance perspective.

Hero

I knew it was too good to be true. :/

(not surprised tho)

DDO Producer

Sorry, but yeah was dealing with the final touches to U18p2, and did not want to get in the way of the TR talk.
    There will be an update this week on ...drumroll....enhancements and other stuff!

Default Cool, thanks Maj.

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    Sorry, but yeah was dealing with the final touches to U18p2, and did not want to get in the way of the TR talk.
    There will be an update this week on ...drumroll....enhancements and other stuff!
    Looking forward to it. And I'd much rather you deal with actual work on the patch. It is nice to receive updates from you though.
    Abamf|Skwat|Baucas Thelanis

Community Member

Thank you, I am hoping "other stuff" means guild decay

Sorry, but yeah was dealing with the final touches to U18p2 . . .
    Please for the love of all that is holy tell me you fixed Wail.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    Please for the love of all that is holy tell me you fixed Wail.
    Possible answers:
    - I'm sorry, that is not on our known issue list. Please file a bug report.
    - We've tested it in house on our developer build and it appears to be WAI

Community Member

any chance that spell crits made it in to patch 2? what about clerics "old obsolete enhancements that no longer do anything"? or did you guys finally fix all those closed quests that have no workaround? will patch 2 reduce the awesomium spam on my cpu? will i be able to log in without disconnecting during load screen after after patch 2?
    also i was hoping you guys decided to just stop the madness that is the enhancement pass the lama preview was really that teribad.

also thanks for checking in maj keep it up.
    Last edited by fourrumtest; 06-18-2013 at 11:19 AM. Reason: props to maj for interacting with customers

Woot, blows trumpet!

Default lol

Quote Originally Posted by fourrumtest View Post
    any chance that spell crits made it in to patch 2? what about clerics "old obsolete enhancements that no longer do anything"? or did you guys finally fix all those closed quests that have no workaround? will patch 2 reduce the awesomium spam on my cpu? will i be able to log in without disconnecting during load screen after after patch 2?
    also i was hoping you guys decided to just stop the madness that is the enhancement pass the lama preview was really that teribad.

also thanks for checking in maj keep it up.
    I am sure they never had a chance to do any of these

I am also sure they worked on the owlbear fiasco ......a lot of sales riding on the fix

as for the e pass, you no as well as I do that most of that coding is done for that

I don't expect much change and for me the e pass straw is a very heavy one

DDO Producer

Quote Originally Posted by Citzen_Gkar View Post
    Possible answers:
    - I'm sorry, that is not on our known issue list. Please file a bug report.
    - We've tested it in house on our developer build and it appears to be WAI
    Fixed in the patch.:This change reverts Wail to pre-U17 behaviour, which should result in fewer "misses" with Wail.

Fixed in the patch.:This change reverts Wail to pre-U17 behaviour, which should result in fewer "misses" with Wail.

I think a lot of people will be ecstatic about this.
    Schadel TR FVS | Whathitme 2TR human stalwart tank |Whatwas TR Barbarian/Fighter--FuryoftheWild | Kpavio Monk/fighter| Whatsnyp Artificer | Skullzz all purpose Druid| Whatcast elf AM| Nobuffforu Acrobat Warchanter

Hallelujah, all Palemasters rejoice!! Eh, Wail!
    and pretty soonTM, bards too?

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility

Anything on the U18 bug that causes the first login (by slower machines) to get to character login, show the area you've landed, connect to guild channels...but before you can move the character the RECV bytes goes to Zero and network icon goes yellow,red and then you get a game disconnect. Future logins are fine (unless you restart the machine). Don't see it on my desktop machine... only on the laptop. Seems like some network code is waiting for something at character login and then times out too quickly and doesn't listen to any future sent bytes.

Also why does it take an extra minute to login if you left the character in a crafting instance (House K/C)? Some special load caching to prevent crafting from causing other issues?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    DO NOT DO THIS. We are investigating.

Will this fix ALSO address the lack of expected "hits" with Implosion? Implosion has not been quite right, either, for about as long as Wail has been misfunctioning.

Can you see about adding the sound effect back to this spell. It's been silent since the nerf.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast