Thread: Streak for VIP

Community Member

Default Streak for VIP

Hello all,

I was thinking it might be good to provide a reward/incentive for monthly subs.

What I had in mind was a reward system, similar to Bravery Bonus, for monthly subscriptions.

Basically, if you have a paid subscription for 1 month it does nothing, but as you stay subscribed it would provide increasing benefits at different tiers.

For example, every 3 months of subscribing gives your characters +5%HP/SP or something similar.

Let me know what you think, and thanks for reading!

Quote Originally Posted by cronusdeathspell View Post
    Hello all,

I was thinking it might be good to provide a reward/incentive for monthly subs.

What I had in mind was a reward system, similar to Bravery Bonus, for monthly subscriptions.

Basically, if you have a paid subscription for 1 month it does nothing, but as you stay subscribed it would provide increasing benefits at different tiers.

For example, every 3 months of subscribing gives your characters +5%HP/SP or something similar.

Let me know what you think, and thanks for reading!
    The first thing I'd do for VIP in order to increase subscriptions is actually give them all content included with their monthly fee. That means that the MotU adventures and Shadowfell adventures should be part of the VIP sub. Extras like epic destinies or iconic heroes that were included with the expansions should still be paid content for all. People don't like VIP because one of the main perks of VIP (having access to all adventure packs) is more like access to all old adventure packs and 20% of the newly released ones. If they're paying for the packs anyway, might as well be premium. Only after fixing this glaring issue, would I look at other ways to make VIP a more viable payment model. The ability for Turbine to renege on this issue (even if they technically kept their word by using "expansion" instead of "adventure pack") means they have less credibility when it comes time for them to reverse a promise again (heroic TR destiny xp comes to mind). Faith in the company to keep their promises is a very important thing for a consumer.
    Last edited by redspecter23; 06-17-2013 at 12:05 PM.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

At one point there were some nice perks of being VIP

1. Early unlock of new quests - Not really a good thing since PuGing would usually suffer during that time
    2. Elite Unlock - Now available through TR
    3. Access to all Races/Classes - Change with DDO Store and Favor Unlocks
    4. Access to all Quests - Change upon Expansions being added to DDO

We have received a public area speed boost of 10% and a 10% Quest XP Bonus.

I'm not a fan of adding game advantages such as more HP, SP, higher DPS etc...

I'm actually currently happy with the +10% XP and have many guildmates that have resub'd just for this one feature.

Community Member

To be honest I wouldn't pay a penny to someone for a product unless I ended up owning it, which is why I will never be a subscriber of any online game. Not to pay for continued use of a product though is tantamount to software piracy. I'll make my decision in the future should I decide to play DDO longterm how much money to spend in the cash shop, purely to pay for services rendered and help the game continue to progress.

If people pay monthly fees then I think the VIP Streak idea has a lot of merit and as long as the goodies aren't PvP related they can have whatever they want, buffs, consumables, unique items. You could go for a VIP roll, like the daily roll table but with some really tasty stuff on it. Streaking would give you a roll bonus or just extra rolls on the table, something like that.