Community Member

Default When??????????????????????????????????????????????

At what point do you guys plan to fix these forums? AT WHAT POINT?

HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE?

Still getting duplicate headers. Still have to use PLAYER GENERATED FIXES AND WORKAROUNDS to fix DDO's OFFICIAL screw up.

STILL GETTING LOGGED OUT.

STILL GETTING SECURITY RED SCREENS.

STILL GETTING BROKEN LINKS.

This is apparently an official stance with Turbine as a company, release content <ANY CONTENT THAT IS RELEASED ANYWHERE TO AN OFFICIAL SITE> broken, half assed, and not fully functioning and then leave it to sit there unfinished and only slightly usable.

GET OFF YOUR DUFF AND FIX THIS SIDE SHOW JOKE PLEASE.

The amount of time it is taking to fix this is utterly amaturish. If you cannot fix it yourselves, then why not engage in discussions with some of our esteemed forum users that are obviously more intelligent than Turbine with this stuff?

GET IT DONE. For once, just fix your freaking mistake without making the users suffer the long dry spells we suffer waiting on you. This site should have been fixed within 1 week of release, so what is your excuse for dropping the ball this time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Codog View Post
    [*]Small evolutionary change that can be completed in shorter stretches of time is more readily achieveable for us than large _revolutionary_ change. Revolutionary change can be rather destabilizing from an engineering and balance perspective.

Community Member

I think that was a very appropriate post #420 for you.

Community Member

Default Had potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Citzen_Gkar View Post
    I think that was a very appropriate post #420 for you.
    But it would have been #417.

Now my actual #420 was even more so because I was lost.

Now that you remind me, I need to take my medicine.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by GoogleChrome;
    Duplicate headers received from server
    The response from the server contained duplicate headers. This problem is generally the result of a misconfigured website or proxy. Only the website or proxy administrator can fix this issue.
    Error 350 (net::ERR_RESPONSE_HEADERS_MULTIPLE_LOCATION): Multiple distinct Location headers received. This is disallowed to protect against HTTP response splitting attacks.
    Last edited by forummuleonly; 06-17-2013 at 11:58 AM.
    [*]Small evolutionary change that can be completed in shorter stretches of time is more readily achieveable for us than large _revolutionary_ change. Revolutionary change can be rather destabilizing from an engineering and balance perspective.

They are fixing the forums.

They are fixing them with the enhancement pass and TR restructuring.

With those two elements on the way, people will stop playing the game. When they stop playing the game, they won't want to talk about the game or get information on it anymore. So they won't come to the forums and try to use them or log in.

No one using them = no one failing to use them. Problem solved.

I'm not too worried about the forums right now...

I changed my editor settings from "WYSIWYG" because what I got didn't look anything like what I saw... Now I can make PARAGRAPHS!!!

I right click the "Edit" button to edit my posts in a separate window. Now I can fix errors!

I'm using IE 10 and can use "Developer Mode" to make changes, but everything will be different within the next few weeks... When the Win8.1 upgrade rolls out it comes with IE 11.

We shall have to see what changes then.
    Carpe D.M.! (Sieze the Dungeon Master!)
    Founder #2003 - Interocitor Repair - Call for discount prices

Community Member

Default Clarification

I just want to clarify.

I was gone for a few years from the game. I had something to do. When I left, there was a very active and robust community/dev interaction. The website wasn't broken.

I come back, about the time of the forum change, and it is a complete wasteland AND the website is broken.

And the website is still broken. STILL.

I enjoy the game. Warts and all I enjoy it. But nothing about it seems finished, even stuff from when I left.

I get the game, but the forums not being totally and completely functioning is just amaturish.

Most especially when there are obvious web designers on the forums that could help very much to get it done.

Community Member

It's kind of amusing now, although I still go through bouts of cursing. The broken link fix (/en -> /forums) is literally a one-line redirect that takes 10 seconds to write and implement. You don't even have to restart the server.

Quote Originally Posted by arminius View Post
    They are fixing the forums.

They are fixing them with the enhancement pass and TR restructuring.

With those two elements on the way, people will stop playing the game. When they stop playing the game, they won't want to talk about the game or get information on it anymore. So they won't come to the forums and try to use them or log in.

No one using them = no one failing to use them. Problem solved.
    I thought this was the plan. Glad we have it confirmed.
    Flabby-Flaber-Flabo--Heifer-Oinks

LEGION

Community Member

Default Almost content.

I am very pleased to see the Dev interaction and loosening of thoughts to us players in Glins Thread.

Thank you Glin, Piloto, and Vargouille, Thank you very much for that.

Now about the OP.

Please have a member of the web development(IT) team post something concerning the forums.

I get that WarnerBros.com uses the same web site template as this. I get that. Please just post to us and let us know how things are going. What information we as players can provide to help. An ETA for when Those of us that have modified the website with StyleBot so that we can even use the forums can turn off or uninstall StyleBot.

Please stop leaving us hanging out to dry.