Community Member threefeetunder's Avatar

Default So I've been gone a while

Right around the time druids came out, I had to take an extended break from computers and by extension, ddo, due to work. I ended up forgetting a bit about ddo when I did get back, but a wave of nostalgia just hit me and I'm considering starting this up again.

I see theres been quite a few changes since last I played though, anything I should be wary of? did that enhancement change finally came to pass? bards still the red headed stepchilds? Any info/warning about the game as it is now would be apreciated

Quote Originally Posted by threefeetunder View Post
    Right around the time druids came out, I had to take an extended break from computers and by extension, ddo, due to work. I ended up forgetting a bit about ddo when I did get back, but a wave of nostalgia just hit me and I'm considering starting this up again.

I see theres been quite a few changes since last I played though, anything I should be wary of? did that enhancement change finally came to pass? bards still the red headed stepchilds? Any info/warning about the game as it is now would be apreciated
    Bad place to come with that question. This forum is filled with mostly angry whiners and people who feel a sense of entitlement.

I still love the game, and play it often. It is like everything else, it evolves. Log on, have fun, and see you for a shroud raid.
    "Eye of the Dragon" on Argonessen. "Quest with the best"

Community Member

Since you left when you did, you probably don't have much time invested in epic destinies. As such, you may not care so much about the proposed changes. However, many people are upset that epic TR will burn all unbonded ED XP, and they have a right to feel this way. After all, Turbine promised that heroic TR would not destroy epic destiny levels. Turbine even returned lost ED's for TR's that had them disappear on them. Because of this, many players feel a sense of betrayal.

There is a sizable thread concerning this issue if you have any interest. If not, then the only way this may affect you is by being reflected in the reduced activity on the servers.

The best thing is to log in and play. Decide for yourself how things are, and make up your own mind. There are some nice new quests and other changes.

Have fun.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Quote Originally Posted by threefeetunder View Post
    Right around the time druids came out, I had to[...]

Since you were gone, there were around 20 new quests added, 2 new raids, 5 new explorer areas; and 2 more F2P quests and 1 additional P2P quest if you bought Shadowfell: Conspiracy.

Keyword is Have Fun. Don't worry about things if you do not play any kind of caster.
    Juggernauts, Fury Shooter Monkcher and Shiradi casters are the favor builds of the month.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blue100000005 View Post
    Bad place to come with that question. This forum is filled with mostly angry whiners and people who feel a sense of entitlement.

I still love the game, and play it often. It is like everything else, it evolves. Log on, have fun, and see you for a shroud raid.
    So...you just whined about whiners(worse than base whining, particularly as it has an actual point) courtesy of your enormous sense of entitlement(you think you have the right to judge the behavior of others, many of whom have more substantial argument than yourself). Bravo, you just proved yourself right regarding yourself(mostly wrong about others). You are only right about this being a bad place to come. People are venting justified concerns which will not be conducive to the OP playing again. That said you were wrong as to why which is still...wrong.

To the OP, the game has had numerous soft and hard, ninja and open nerfs. They are in most elements of the game at this time and pretty much unavoidable. Some might suggest avoiding casters for instance. Of course not playing a caster still means you rely on a caster or a divine for things, if only healing, which has been nerfed due to spell crit changes and the like.

It would be very reasonable for these changes to be offputting. If they are don't bother to struggle on in the hopes that they get better. The current trend is that they do not. If you can ignore them and still enjoy then do so. Just don't bother with the whole light at the end of the tunnel thing for the next few months.
    Last edited by Disgruntled175; 06-17-2013 at 05:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Disgruntled175 View Post
    So...you just whined about whiners(worse than base whining, particularly as it has an actual point)
    You just Whined about Whiners who Whine about Whiners?

Just saying...
    Last edited by Kronik; 06-17-2013 at 07:25 PM.
    Proud Officer of - Big Cash Mercs - Sarlona

Kronikius IV / Archy III / Kodiac III / Mello III / Magillicuty III / Gimmik III / Chabada II / Wolfboy III

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik View Post
    You just Whined about Whiners who Whine about Whiners?

Just saying...
    If that was true you whined about whiners who whine about whiners whining. Except you missed some of the point. Really you are just the second whiner with no purpose or point and no constructive comment for the OP. TROLLBANE. Hope this thing works. Lol. I am of course completely unsurprised by your inability to distinguish truth from fiction. To help you out, your reality is fiction.

Quote Originally Posted by Disgruntled175 View Post
    If that was true you whined about whiners who whine about whiners whining. Except you missed some of the point. Really you are just the second whiner with no purpose or point and no constructive comment for the OP. TROLLBANE. Hope this thing works. Lol. I am of course completely unsurprised by your inability to distinguish truth from fiction. To help you out, your reality is fiction.
    I wasn't whining at all. Just pointing out the hypocrisy of some people. Thank you for helping to explain my realist problem with fiction. I usually dont like being called names, but since I got 2 good laughs from this post I guess I'll let it slide.
    Proud Officer of - Big Cash Mercs - Sarlona

Kronikius IV / Archy III / Kodiac III / Mello III / Magillicuty III / Gimmik III / Chabada II / Wolfboy III