Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by mna View Post
    So, latest version of my plan, with a few enhancement and one feat respec included... slightly pessimistic in that I only assumed a +1 tome by level 8 and thus put that ability point into dex, and only assumed a +5 cha item (but also a +1 tome there).

Sure, in the optimal case, I'd get +2 dex AND int tomes by 7... well, maybe a LR if/when I ever get those.
    Character has been created on Orien, name Oleppo. Let's see how this works.

(So if someone happens to have a spare +2 dex tome that they're willing to donate... well, I'm not likely to turn it down.)

Community Member

Well. My ftr1/barb1/bard10 warchanter is not having any significant problems with that any more, after resetting enhancements once after the last patch. Besides, it's not like bard would be the only class where enhancements look funny nowadays.
    No there was a bug after a recent patch or update where people could no longer select the Warchanter II enhancements from the tree, despite qualifying for them. You might want to look into whether that was fixed before planning a Warchanter II build.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by RightToRemainStupid View Post
    No there was a bug after a recent patch or update where people could no longer select the Warchanter II enhancements from the tree, despite qualifying for them. You might want to look into whether that was fixed before planning a Warchanter II build.
    Oh well. In the last version of the build I'm not taking Warchanter II anyway, switching to Spellsinger II at 12 bard instead.

(And I don't actually expect to make it that far before the next update, in any case.)

Community Member

Looks like I probably won't reach even level 6 before the update hits. Oh well.

Anyone know if the new Skaldic Rage is of the barbarian-style rage that prevents spellcasting, or the kind that does allow casting? (edit, does allow, excellent...)

But, anyway, what enhancements should I try to fit in, and should I change the plan to 15/3/2 (and 3 of which, ranger or rogue) ? Or even more...? Well, at least 15 bard and trap skills in any case, but...

Let's see... Both trees' tier 5 abilities require 12 cha, probably still counting base+levelups+tomes? That could be a problem.

Oh well, dumping str would pretty much require 3 ranger I guess... I'd really prefer to have l6 spells though...

At worst I'll have to reroll as drow, I guess. Well, that -1 feat shouldn't be as much of a problem any more at least.
    Last edited by mna; 08-20-2013 at 11:03 AM.
    No longer completely f2p as of November 2014. Father of 3 more DDO players so far (I do have more children than that).

Community Member

Duh, T5 enhs require Character level 12, not Charisma 12, eh?

...yeah, this could still work. And more leeway in the feat selection too, the level 6 feat that was reserved for the prerequisites and maybe Toughness too... hm.

Bards are naturally a bit squishy, should I keep Toughness or switch it to something else?

Could take Emp Heal and Extend in those two feat slots, I think.

Or something like Cleave... yeah, right...
    No longer completely f2p as of November 2014. Father of 3 more DDO players so far (I do have more children than that).

Community Member

...yeah, this could still work. And more leeway in the feat selection too, the level 6 feat that was reserved for the prerequisites and maybe Toughness too... hm.

Bards are naturally a bit squishy, should I keep Toughness or switch it to something else?

Could take Emp Heal and Extend in those two feat slots, I think.

Or something like Cleave... yeah, right...
    Well. Currently at level 9 and have Cleave instead of Toughness in the L3 feat slot and Extend in the L6... will swap the L6 one out later anyway. For either Great Cleave (to qualify for Overwhelming Critical eventually/sooner), Emp Heal, or maybe Quicken... not sure yet.

Also, there's a more comprehensive work by unbongwah by now anyway, at https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...hers-%28U20%29 ... yeah, I do think I'll be going with 3 levels of Ranger myself too.
    Last edited by mna; 02-19-2014 at 03:15 PM.

Community Member

Current plan is to take the third Ranger level at 15. As in, after DDoor.

Also, sort of thinking about feat order... do I take Improved Critical at 18 and GTWF at 15, or the other way round?

And same thing with 21/24, do I take Overwhelming Critical or Inspire Excellence first?

(Hm. Have to remember to swap Extend for Great Cleave before then... probably a lot sooner actually...)

No idea what enhancements would be optimal, I'm told there are issues with some things not stacking between EDs, feats and (bard) enhancements... Howl of the North being one of these maybe? Anyone have pointers to where these might have been discussed?

(I should have both +0 and +20 hearts still in the bank anyway... might use the +0 one after I hit 1750 favor if this thing's still fun to play at that point...)
    Last edited by mna; 04-14-2014 at 09:52 AM.

Community Member

Looks like I'll be even more AP-starved after U22...

Given that I've already used two feat slots for TWF feats, I can't get anything like optimal results from the Swashbuckler tree in any case without a LR.

Oh well, I guess I'll keep the old setup up till 1750 favor so I can do a 32-point version at that time.

I wonder... according to what's in the Wiki currently, Coup de Grace doesn't require being in the stance and has a ranged version. That'll be extra fun when in Shiradi. I suppose I should try to fit in Improved Precise Shot somehow for a (Whistler/Pin)/CdG Manyshot combo... I don't think I'll be going for 4 Ranger for the paralyzing arrows, so I guess I'll have to be on the lookout for a paralyzing longbow.

Hey... which of the greensteel effects count for that, anyway? Air guard causes knockdown so that at least, but... do Freezing Ice or Earthgrab count? Surely at least the Elemental Longbow of Earth's (Greater) Stone Prison should...

Of course I could just do melee and farm up an Envenomed Blade for each hand.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12