Question Knockdown Immunity and Giants

Several class enhancements, such as Thief Acrobat and Air Savant, grant immunity to most knockdown effects. The only exceptions that I could find were mind spells (such as Greater Command causing you to lay down), scripted attack sequence events (such as the Titan hitting the ground and causing Knockdown on a failed balance skill check), and Air Elemental knockback/knockdown effects.

Now, however, Giants using their knockdown ability seem to bypass this immunity as well. They did not bypass it in the past, although their knockback attacks were unaffected. Is this a bug or is it working as intended? Should I reset my enhancements to see if that fixes the issue?
    "Freedom is the sovereign right of every American!"
    -Liberty Prime™

If you have knockdown immunity from thief acrobat and are being knocked down by giants and air elementals than that is a bug and should be bug reported.
    Making DDO a better game 1 post at a time!

Triple EVERYTHING Completionist= Heroic 39/39, Iconic 12/12, Epic 36/36

Quote Originally Posted by Delacroix21 View Post
    If you have knockdown immunity from thief acrobat and are being knocked down by giants and air elementals than that is a bug and should be bug reported.
    I have indeed bug-reported it; I just fear that it's intentional.
    -Liberty Prime™

Quote Originally Posted by SHOCK_and_AWE View Post
    I have indeed bug-reported it; I just fear that it's intentional.
    I doubt so. I did an Acrobat life during U17, and never was knocked down. Not even once. Knocked back by giants and air elementals as normal, but I even forgot how annoying are the wolves and lions that chain trip you.

I'll set on "bug" as well.
    Main: Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist [<o>]

Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

I had knockdown immunity (or so I thought) from the Unyielding Sentinel ED, Stand Against the Tide stance. I was quite surprised and annoyed to be knocked down repeatedly by giants in Epic Tor.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreppo View Post
    I had knockdown immunity (or so I thought) from the Unyielding Sentinel ED, Stand Against the Tide stance. I was quite surprised and annoyed to be knocked down repeatedly by giants in Epic Tor.
    I found this to be the case as well. While the fact that the immunity is bugged in this instance is bad enough, the knock down apparently has no save (!) (at least, none I could find in the combat log) and lasts for five seconds with no balance checks.
    -Liberty Prime™

Community Member

Ive always found that Driders Web Line Trip always knocked down my Air Savant as well.

Community Member
    3rd star from the left, and on til morning...

Not only does the knockdown seem ridiculous in Tor, it's kept me from really enjoying and exploring Epic GH.

Every time all the time, nothing but knockdown. Ridiculous on a melee.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoiii View Post
    Ive always found that Driders Web Line Trip always knocked down my Air Savant as well.
    This one I think is intended, since it is a two-step attack, and you can block when you see the web line attaching to you to prevent the trip.

Heck, back when it procced in double rainbow, even The Might LoBster would fall down on his back.
    Main: Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist [<o>]

Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.