Community Member

Default Druid and rogue sneak attack dice

Do the druid animal form and wolf form sneak attack dice stack with:

1. Ninja Spy sneak attack dice?

2. Half-elf rogue dilettante sneak attack dice?

3. Rogue sneak attack dice?

And speaking of Druid, why do Druid legal armors cause arcane spell failure for my test Druid/mage in animal form?

Quote Originally Posted by Ishkunfana View Post

And speaking of Druid, why do Druid legal armors cause arcane spell failure for my test Druid/mage in animal form?
    From DDO Wiki

Improved Rogue Dilettante II: Your offensive skills have improved, and you now deal 3d6 Sneak Attack damage. This does not stack with the Rogue Sneak Attack class feature.

Not sure about the rest of it though, sorry.

As for the ASF, what spells are you trying to cast? You said Druid/mage so I'm also curious about your class split, if any.

Community Member

wolf SA stacks with rest of SA, it's not a rogue SA (so wouldn't stack with dilly nor lower SA)

every armor heavier than robe/outfit has arcane failure, divine spells(druid, pally, fvs, clr, arti) have no arcane failure, prolly because it's called arcane failure, ofc only spells from the arcane book will be affected (you have druid book in 1 tab and wiz book in the other tab)

Community Member

Druid 2 and wizzie 5 right now

Druid spells are unaffected and WAI.

I thought that maybe since I was transformed into animal form and the armor became part of the animal body, then I could cast in animal form without a chance of wizzie spell failure. Sadly, flavor is trumped by rules.

Druid 2 and wizzie 5 right now

Druid spells are unaffected and WAI.

I thought that maybe since I was transformed into animal form and the armor became part of the animal body, then I could cast in animal form without a chance of wizzie spell failure. Sadly, flavor is trumped by rules.
    And lack of opposable thumbs.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by fmalfeas View Post
    And lack of opposable thumbs.
    Yeah if you wanted to get really "flavor" with it, it'd be reeeeally hard to handle those verbal and somatic components when you have no hands and cant speak

Community Member

Touche.

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    Yeah if you wanted to get really "flavor" with it, it'd be reeeeally hard to handle those verbal and somatic components when you have no hands and cant speak
    PnP has a feat for that
    http://www.d20srd.org/srd/feats.htm#naturalSpell
    Argonessen: Breyard, Kayuss, Breymer, Vilar, Zhanmadao
    Guild: Fellowship of the Shrine
    Disclaimer: All my posts are in the official DnD language of Common. Common is not a standardised language, so if you think you see a spelling mistake - you are wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by psyko_peta View Post
    wolf SA stacks with rest of SA, it's not a rogue SA (so wouldn't stack with dilly nor lower SA)

every armor heavier than robe/outfit has arcane failure, divine spells(druid, pally, fvs, clr, arti) have no arcane failure, prolly because it's called arcane failure, ofc only spells from the arcane book will be affected (you have druid book in 1 tab and wiz book in the other tab)
    Arties are actually arcanes and not divines; their casting stat is Int and not Wis. Artificer spells though are classed as "infusions" though and aren't subject to ASF. They still have ASF when casting scrolls however.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    Except pen and paper has a wild casting feat or still/silent spell feats either of which would bypass the problem, where are those hmm?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Disgruntled175 View Post
    Except pen and paper has a wild casting feat or still/silent spell feats either of which would bypass the problem, where are those hmm?
    ...are you suggesting they disallow spellcasting while in animal form, just so they can put in a feat to allow you to do it again? A massive nerf, and then make you spend a feat to un-nerf yourself?

Be careful because thats something Turbine might totally do...:P