Community Member

Default Boku- Any hidden charges?

Hey!

I'm intrigued by the option to upgrade to premium for the cost of less than 1$, but the whole pay-by-mobile thing sounds... sketchy... I just want to avoid the "how did I fall for that?" moment when I see the bill next month.
    Can anyone shed some light on this?
    Obviously, the confirmation SMS isn't free- but how much? My MNO and boku are taking a bite too, but is that included in the original price, or will I get extra charges? Does pay-by-mobile even count for the purpose of upgrading to premium?

Any help from someone who used this option will be appreciated. Thanks!

Community Member

Prepare to be less intrigued.

The only way you can go premium from f2p is by purchasing one of the specific points bundle. The pay by mobile options will not change your status regardless of how much $$ you drop on that ****.

Community Member

Shame.

But now I'm really glad I asked. Thanks for the quick reply!

Quote Originally Posted by -Sikra- View Post
    The only way you can go premium from f2p is by purchasing one of the specific points bundle.
    If a brand new player did nothing but buy the MotU standard edition ($35) from the marketplace, that upgrades them to a premium account, yes?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    If a brand new player did nothing but buy the MotU standard edition ($35) from the marketplace, that upgrades them to a premium account, yes?
    Yes, buying anything from the ddo market (not the ingame shop, ingame only the point bundles give you prem. found that out after buying a rather pricey quiver as noob << ) and applying to your account makes it prem.
    And i am sure MotU will be again aviable for -75% when the next xpac hits.
    Taenebrae, Daemonsoul, Daemoneyes and Daemonheart of Argonessen
    Glitzakram - Trade Thread

Lightbulb

You actualy can upgrade to premium with your cellphone.
    However you have to send in a ticket, with evidence that you purchased points with your cellphone.
    once it is processed you will get your premium status.
    (so you have to do something extra and it will take about a week or so, but still, it is a way to go)
    (I did it with a 10$ bundle/ 7.50 euro)

In my experience, trying to give turbine money in any method other than a good old fashioned credit card is just a painful, slow, glitchy experience.
    I had to contact customer support just to get my "account enabled for" gift cards.

Quote Originally Posted by TekkenDevil View Post
    In my experience, trying to give turbine money in any method other than a good old fashioned credit card is just a painful, slow, glitchy experience.
    PayPal works great for me.
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    Toy Soldiers

Quote Originally Posted by Ryiah View Post
    PayPal works great for me.
    Paypal is hit or miss for me.it doesnt work from the ingame store but it works from the DDO website. I had to call them and buy points direct beforei figured out that the DDO website would work for me.
    So if one thing doesnt work then you have to try someplace else,Turbine is really hard to give money to though.