Default Advice on EE Build Options

I am beginning my 6th life on my main toon. I solo everything, and only group when a friend needs help or I have to for windowing etc. So with that in mind, I would like to get off of the TR train and settle on a build. My goal is to be able to solo EE content even if only occasionally for fun. I would like to be able to solo herioic Elite raids as well. I havent played any of these options to any reasonable extent in EE content so Im going to rely on the consensus of the forum to determine my final life.

As a side note: think enhancements and feat requirements in terms of the enhancement pass. Im building this to reach max potential about the time it goes live.

All builds are PL: Pal, PL: Wiz: PL: Clr, PL: Bard, PL: FvS. Here are the contenders:

Contestant 1:
    Str based - Human
    12 Bard/ 6 Ranger/ 2 Rog

Feats: twf, itwf, gtwf, PBS, PS, IPS, Manyshot, IC: Slash, Khopesh, Power Attack, Cleave, Great Cleave. OC: Slashing, Maximize, Quicken

Pros: Great AoE dps via GC and IPS. Great single targer DPS via GTWF and Manyshot. Epic level CC via Enthrall.
    Cons: Weakish heals, no casting ability

Contestant 2:
    Wis based- Helf
    Druid 17/Monk 2/1 Ftr

Feats: twf, itwf, gtwf, PA, Stunning Fist, SF: Evo, GSF: Evo, ESF: Evo, Wizard Active PL. Max, Emp, Quicken, Dilly: Rog

Pros: Excellent DPS and DC casting, top notch stuns, hard to kill, can use auto win button: EiN
    Cons: Weak DPS on stun-immunes, only worthwhile CC is earthquake

Contestant 3:
    Str Based- WF
    Wizard 17/Monk 2/ Rgr 1

Feats: PA, CL, GC, I crit: Slash, OC: Slash, PL: Paladin, PBS, RS, MS, Max, Emp, Quicken, Extend, Toughness, Epic Toughness

Pros: Juggy melee DPS setup. Still retains excellent spellcasting options: Polar ray, Symbol of death+energy drain, chain missles etc. , self-reconstruct and tensers
    Cons: Ugly as hell, Wizzy HPs, weird looks in PUGs, no notable CC

Help me out forumites! What is the most solid build for solo EEs?

Thanks,
    Allma (Thelanis)

Quote Originally Posted by msc313 View Post

Help me out forumites! What is the most solid build for solo EEs?

Thanks,
    Allma (Thelanis)
    At this time:

Juggernaut
    Shiradi Sorc.

Yep - that's my big two - there are other builds I've seen recently - most are monk-centric, but these are the two most played "solo" builds.

Jugg requires a lot more gear than a Shiradi Sorc. though.
    "Melkorr (Completionist "Toaster of Vengeance") ~ Angrond (TWF Jugg) ~ Telchacar ~ Celebrimor (Bank) ~ Manados
    Thelanis

Officer of The Innfellows

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by thesnoman View Post
    At this time:

Juggernaut
    Shiradi Sorc.

Yep - that's my big two - there are other builds I've seen recently - most are monk-centric, but these are the two most played "solo" builds.

Jugg requires a lot more gear than a Shiradi Sorc. though.
    You could add monkchers and the Pyrenne (sp?) pally build. Both have been shown that they can do well in EE content.

Pros: Excellent DPS and DC casting, top notch stuns, hard to kill, can use auto win button: EiN
    Cons: Weak DPS on stun-immunes, only worthwhile CC is earthquake
    I haven't played a DC caster in a long time, but, my understanding is that unless you try and max a build out with the ideal PLs and EDs, you're not going to get excellent EE DCs.

I think you need to find a build that can self heal, mitigate damage [clickies/displace/haste] and then stack EDs on top of that specifically to add DPS.

Build #1 looks good - healing, buffs, solid cc and tack on LD/Fury. It's unique. Build #2 ... i don't know enough about druids to really comment - but i don't know if excellent DC casting will be true. Build #3 ... i don't see that much wizard just for buffs as a good idea.

Community Member

Contestant 1:
    Str based - Human
    12 Bard/ 6 Ranger/ 2 Rog

Feats: twf, itwf, gtwf, PBS, PS, IPS, Manyshot, IC: Slash, Khopesh, Power Attack, Cleave, Great Cleave. OC: Slashing, Maximize, Quicken
    Just my thoughts...I'd seriously consider switching to Helf, dumping the gtwf and khopesh and replacing with weapon focus: ranged and then swap the IC: Slash for IC: Ranged. Yes, it lowers your dps when you're not doing ranged damage but it allows you to pick up arcane archer which will raise your dps ranged considerably (as well as give you nice summoned returning arrows and some options like fear with arrows, etc). You'll still be able to do ok twf damage if you want (especially if you pick a keen weapon to use) and if you're doing EH stuff to zerg you could do it in Dreadnaught with a TH weapon and cleave spam.

My reasoning for this is that if EE's you really don't want to be in melee range. It seems like your plan was to have the archery only for Manyshot and then run in to melee. It's just not that feasible when things are hitting for 300 damage a pop. Maybe if you twist pin, hit with that then run in and melee but again, we're not losing enough melee with those changes that you still won't be able to do that.
    Tajawuka 9 monk/8 ranger/3 arti AA (3 ranger/monk/fighter pl's) - Toolbots working on Morninglord Cleric life #2 (3 wizard/sorc/druid pl) - Evisra 28 rogue

For soloing epic elites i use a pure fighter THF + manyshot and sometimes a wis based monk. I don't think you need quickened reconstruct/heals if you have some CC (pin is awesome, and both hit 65-70 stun DC) and play smart. I just make sure i have 40+ umd for Heal scrolls and keep myself buffed to the teeth (displacement, tenser, etc.).

If i had to choose on your build options i would go druid. Make sure u have a high EQ and stun DC and you are good to go. Would probably switch to halfling for saves and sneak bonuses if thinking about the enhacement pass (i havent checked helf tree).

Oh and check your saves in all builds, having 2 rogue/monk for evasion doesnt mean is going to be worth it unless you have good saves
    Argo: - Trolls Lair / Intransigence

Community Member

Contestant 1:
    Str based - Human
    12 Bard/ 6 Ranger/ 2 Rog

Pros: Great AoE dps via GC and IPS. Great single targer DPS via GTWF and Manyshot. Epic level CC via Enthrall.
    Cons: Weakish heals, no casting ability
    My thoughts.

* Not having extend on an lvl12 bard is a pain. Pretty much core on a lvl 12 bard.
    * Skip khopesh -- they are so 80's .. -- go for one of the CITW weapons. Will synergies with the best bow in the game (Pinion) and does not cost a feat.
    * Hit points. Toughness and Epic toughness. To reach the +800 HP mark is important on hybrid builds. This build will reach around 650-750 maxed out, trust me when I say it is not enough. I played 600-700-800-1000 hp and the extra hit points is really worth it. More HP creates leeway and pushes your limits.
    * IPS - waste of feat on hybrid builds, sure a perfect lined up IPS with a trigged adrenaline will make you cream but where it matters; Archer focus is the stance that turns showers to gold(:P), and since you skipped imp crit ranged I'd say you can skip this feat entirely.
    * Empower healing > Maximize on Bard. Neither is really that important at this stage -- highly optional. By the way, your self heal with top gear is Very Good.
    * CC while melee is pretty good, adrenaline is 10 second single target CC 100% guarantee (pretty OP and I hope they nerf it.) Use manyshot to charge up adrenalines when low manning is a good tactic.

tl:dr
    I would love to go 2 rogue but value the extra feats by going fighter more than evasion at this stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Iaga View Post
    You could add monkchers and the Pyrenne (sp?) pally build. Both have been shown that they can do well in EE content.
    A good monkcher requires many past lives - it's not an easy build.

I've not seen the Pyrene build much on Thelanis - read up on the build and it looks like a clickie happy build - could work, but the gear requirements and seeming lack of self-heals leave me wondering - but there are videos...still not sure.

I haven't played a DC caster in a long time, but, my understanding is that unless you try and max a build out with the ideal PLs and EDs, you're not going to get excellent EE DCs.
    Correct - DC for EE is a PitA without the proper PLs, EDs, and Gear.

I think you need to find a build that can self heal, mitigate damage [clickies/displace/haste] and then stack EDs on top of that specifically to add DPS.
    Yes - the name of the game in EE is self-sufficient, good DPS , and the ability to mitigate damage. EDs is where most of your power will come from, so you build to get the most out of them.
    "Melkorr (Completionist "Toaster of Vengeance") ~ Angrond (TWF Jugg) ~ Telchacar ~ Celebrimor (Bank) ~ Manados
    Thelanis

Officer of The Innfellows