Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 26 of 26
  1. #21
    Community Member red_cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    432

    Default

    Your collision detection algorithm is wrong in processing. You are just doing something wrong. Perhaps several times. It does seem unoptimized. It does affect interaction with ladders, mobs attacking other mobs (cycling bug), player melee attacks processing, etc.

    I do think it's a general issue and your system engineering team should take a closer look, not just push it under the rug.

    It's in there since the engine start.

  2. #22
    Community Member red_cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    432

    Default

    It has something to do with collision detection and interaction with objects.
    Maybe engine is guessing/fixing wrong coordinates it's expecting?! :O

    Hard to say... System engineering team should take a look, not these amateurs who crash landed into a pile of bugs and new features.

  3. #23
    Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    Deadlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from
    Posts
    3,510

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Yeah, we're aware of this. Hopefully it'll be fixed soon. I restaged all of the challenge rules this past week on the new DDO.com, but it takes a bit of dev work to hook 'em up in-game. No need to bug report it.
    Has been bug reported too, but Founders Memorial in the harbour pulls up an Information Portal, not founder details.

  4. #24
    Community Manager Cordovan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Boston Area, MA
    Posts
    15,821

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    Has been bug reported too, but Founders Memorial in the harbour pulls up an Information Portal, not founder details.
    Yes, we also need to repost up the Founders Memorial. It'll be coming soon.

    In looking over posts for the DDO Chronicle, I realized that I'd forgotten to post up the links to the Challenge Rules. Until we get this in-game, here's a list of links to the Challenge Rules on DDO.com:

    The Lava Caves:

    Circles of Power: http://www.ddo.com/en/news/challenge...-circles-power
    Time is Money: http://www.ddo.com/en/news/challenge...ves-time-money
    EPIC Time is Money: http://www.ddo.com/en/news/challenge...pic-time-money
    Colossal Crystals: http://www.ddo.com/en/news/challenge...ossal-crystals
    EPIC Colossal Crystals: http://www.ddo.com/en/news/challenge...ossal-crystals

    Dr. Rushmore's Mansion

    Behind the Door: http://www.ddo.com/en/news/challenge...on-behind-door
    Moving Targets: http://www.ddo.com/en/news/challenge...moving-targets
    Picture Portals: http://www.ddo.com/en/news/challenge...icture-portals
    EPIC Moving Targets: http://www.ddo.com/en/news/challenge...moving-targets
    EPIC Picture Portals: http://www.ddo.com/en/news/challenge...icture-portals

    Extraplanar Mining

    The Dragon's Horde: http://www.ddo.com/en/news/challenge...-dragons-horde
    Buying Time: http://www.ddo.com/en/news/challenge...ng-buying-time
    Labor Shortage: http://www.ddo.com/en/news/challenge...labor-shortage
    EPIC The Dragon's Horde: http://www.ddo.com/en/news/challenge...-dragons-horde
    EPIC Buying Time: http://www.ddo.com/en/news/challenge...ic-buying-time
    EPIC Labor Shortage: http://www.ddo.com/en/news/challenge...labor-shortage

    Kobold Island

    Kobold Chaos: http://www.ddo.com/en/news/challenge...d-kobold-chaos
    The Disruptor: http://www.ddo.com/en/news/challenge...land-disruptor
    Short Cuts: http://www.ddo.com/en/news/challenge...and-short-cuts
    The Disruptor EPIC: http://www.ddo.com/en/news/challenge...disruptor-epic
    Short Cuts EPIC: http://www.ddo.com/en/news/challenge...hort-cuts-epic

    The Forgotten Realms challenges were written to include all versions in one article, so the URL works for all of the versions of the challenge.

    Ruined Keep (works for both The Sunset Ritual and The Daybreak Ritual): http://www.ddo.com/en/news/challenge-rules-ruined-keep

    Underdark Arena: http://www.ddo.com/en/news/challenge...nderdark-arena

    Dryad Grove: http://www.ddo.com/en/news/challenge-rules-dryad-grove
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!



  5. #25
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,671

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Yes, we also need to repost up the Founders Memorial. It'll be coming soon.

    In looking over posts for the DDO Chronicle, I realized that I'd forgotten to post up the links to the Challenge Rules. Until we get this in-game, here's a list of links to the Challenge Rules on DDO.com:

    The Lava Caves:

    Circles of Power: http://www.ddo.com/en/news/challenge...-circles-power
    Time is Money: http://www.ddo.com/en/news/challenge...ves-time-money
    EPIC Time is Money: http://www.ddo.com/en/news/challenge...pic-time-money
    Colossal Crystals: http://www.ddo.com/en/news/challenge...ossal-crystals
    EPIC Colossal Crystals: http://www.ddo.com/en/news/challenge...ossal-crystals

    Dr. Rushmore's Mansion

    Behind the Door: http://www.ddo.com/en/news/challenge...on-behind-door
    Moving Targets: http://www.ddo.com/en/news/challenge...moving-targets
    Picture Portals: http://www.ddo.com/en/news/challenge...icture-portals
    EPIC Moving Targets: http://www.ddo.com/en/news/challenge...moving-targets
    EPIC Picture Portals: http://www.ddo.com/en/news/challenge...icture-portals

    Extraplanar Mining

    The Dragon's Horde: http://www.ddo.com/en/news/challenge...-dragons-horde
    Buying Time: http://www.ddo.com/en/news/challenge...ng-buying-time
    Labor Shortage: http://www.ddo.com/en/news/challenge...labor-shortage
    EPIC The Dragon's Horde: http://www.ddo.com/en/news/challenge...-dragons-horde
    EPIC Buying Time: http://www.ddo.com/en/news/challenge...ic-buying-time
    EPIC Labor Shortage: http://www.ddo.com/en/news/challenge...labor-shortage

    Kobold Island

    Kobold Chaos: http://www.ddo.com/en/news/challenge...d-kobold-chaos
    The Disruptor: http://www.ddo.com/en/news/challenge...land-disruptor
    Short Cuts: http://www.ddo.com/en/news/challenge...and-short-cuts
    The Disruptor EPIC: http://www.ddo.com/en/news/challenge...disruptor-epic
    Short Cuts EPIC: http://www.ddo.com/en/news/challenge...hort-cuts-epic

    The Forgotten Realms challenges were written to include all versions in one article, so the URL works for all of the versions of the challenge.

    Ruined Keep (works for both The Sunset Ritual and The Daybreak Ritual): http://www.ddo.com/en/news/challenge-rules-ruined-keep

    Underdark Arena: http://www.ddo.com/en/news/challenge...nderdark-arena

    Dryad Grove: http://www.ddo.com/en/news/challenge-rules-dryad-grove
    Uh, shouldn't this be the first post of a sticky somewhere instead of being buried in a thread somewhere? It would make things a bit easier to find, especially if there's a delay on the fix.

  6. #26
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    801

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oradafu View Post
    Uh, shouldn't this be the first post of a sticky somewhere instead of being buried in a thread somewhere? It would make things a bit easier to find, especially if there's a delay on the fix.
    Speaking of which. *bump*bump*bump*

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload