Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Challenge Instructions Lost

Walk up to a challenge. Any challenge. Every challenge.

Click on the floating sign to open up the quest dialog.

Click on the ? button to get the challenge instructions.

I get a 404 error. The instructions are no longer there.

Would that be the removal of the compendium that caused this broken aspect of gameplay?

Community Member

Yeah, pretty much... The removal or non-transferring of the compendium, Dev round table discussions, whole threads, etc. would appear to be the blame.

Bug report it. It seems to be the best way to get something broken worked.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by geoffhanna View Post
    It should. But it's been reported a while ago. It's been like this since the forum changes, I think.

Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Dendrix View Post
    Walk up to a challenge. Any challenge. Every challenge.

Click on the floating sign to open up the quest dialog.

Click on the ? button to get the challenge instructions.

I get a 404 error. The instructions are no longer there.

Would that be the removal of the compendium that caused this broken aspect of gameplay?
    Just so I understand: Turbine ditched the old forums even though stuff IN-GAME depended on them?! And they didn't arrange for the in-game stuff to use the new forums...I guess I'm not surprised, but I am disgusted at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by HAL View Post
    Just so I understand: Turbine ditched the old forums even though stuff IN-GAME depended on them?! And they didn't arrange for the in-game stuff to use the new forums...I guess I'm not surprised, but I am disgusted at this point.
    Join the bandwagon.

I just wish there was a way to jump off. But DDO remains the best (or one of the best) F2P games I have found. I have been spending less time playing but I am still logging in (when I am able, thanks to all of the bugs).

Thankfully, most of the challenges are straight forward and have "in adventure" help. I know this isn't ideal for F2P or Premium players who rely on daily tokens to play them, but it's there.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by geoffhanna View Post
    I would, if the in game bug report tool worked. ~.~

Community Member

The Challenge rules are also posted in: https://www.ddo.com/en/news

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ForumAccess View Post
    I would, if the in game bug report tool worked. ~.~
    I suppose you're not meant to report it, because Turbine likely wouldn't fix it anyway.
    They must know by now that they've broken the challenges to badly that nobody does them anyway.
    Why fix instructions to something that nobody plays anymore....

Makes some perverted sense, I guess.

Yeah, we're aware of this. Hopefully it'll be fixed soon. I restaged all of the challenge rules this past week on the new DDO.com, but it takes a bit of dev work to hook 'em up in-game. No need to bug report it.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Yeah, we're aware of this. Hopefully it'll be fixed soon. I restaged all of the challenge rules this past week on the new DDO.com, but it takes a bit of dev work to hook 'em up in-game. No need to bug report it.
    No need to bug report it. It's a known issue and will be fixed in the same patch as the ladder bug

Quote Originally Posted by oradafu View Post
    No need to bug report it. It's a known issue and will be fixed in the same patch as the ladder bug
    Isn't the ladder bug a case-by-case problem where they need to fix every ladder individually? And so we should bug report any ladders that aren't WAI?
    Because DDO content is created by hand, some issues cannot be fixed with a global change. We must fix these issues one-by-one by hand with the help of bug reports. This includes:
    Ladder issues: please include the /loc when reporting a ladder issue

Quote Originally Posted by LeoLionxxx View Post
    Isn't the ladder bug a case-by-case problem where they need to fix every ladder individually? And so we should bug report any ladders that aren't WAI?
    Yes, please. This.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Quote Originally Posted by LeoLionxxx View Post
    Yes, please. This.
    There are wai ladders?

I actually bug-reported a specific ladder that was consistently un-climbable, and after the next patch or three it was fixed. They do fix the actual ladder bugs.

(It was the ladder out in 3BC, the tall one near the minotaur quest-giver for lava caves.)

Yes, please. This.
    Sigh.

It is sad you guys think this still. Despite the fact that many times on this forum (well the old forum) we have pointed out that the "specific" unclimbable ladder problem is different than what we experience when we complain about the ladder bug. Many good posts were made explaining that the ladder bug can happen on any and every ladder in the game and that it seems to be correlated to a position disagreement between the client and server that keeps you in an unclimbable loop. But there is no point going over that is there when it seems clear that your team cannot get the message.... Go ahead and keep painting the fence when the real problem is the rotten fence posts....

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ahpook View Post
    Sigh.

It is sad you guys think this still. Despite the fact that many times on this forum (well the old forum) we have pointed out that the "specific" unclimbable ladder problem is different than what we experience when we complain about the ladder bug. Many good posts were made explaining that the ladder bug can happen on any and every ladder in the game and that it seems to be correlated to a position disagreement between the client and server that keeps you in an unclimbable loop. But there is no point going over that is there when it seems clear that your team cannot get the message.... Go ahead and keep painting the fence when the real problem is the rotten fence posts....
    But that is just it. That is NOT the ladder bug. The ladder bug was caused because of two ladders put on top of each other that didn't align correctly such that the character was stopped from climbing. Also, when the ladder actually didn't touch the ground/graphical blockings such as rocks or the like.

Anti-cheat client server positioning arguments are NOT a ladder bug as you can get them jumping from platform to platform as well. Ladders just happen to be a very noticeable way to see it happen in a repetitive fashion unlike the platforms where suddenly your camera "snaps to" as it were.

The laughable "known issues" page correctly calls out the ladder bug, but it does NOT call out client server positioning such that people keep calling it incorrectly giving QA headaches and many a report that gets tossed because it isn't reproducible.

Guess what guys....if you want no hope EVER of bugs being fixed, keep not reporting them. You are doing such a good job now, why try something different?

As for me, I will keep reporting them. I may have just that tiny tidbit of info that helps them figure out that it is solvable.
    Orien: Zizie, Zeelee, Zeeny, Zeety, Zeleste, Zeeby
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by susiedupfer View Post
    Guess what guys....if you want no hope EVER of bugs being fixed, keep not reporting them. You are doing such a good job now, why try something different?

As for me, I will keep reporting them. I may have just that tiny tidbit of info that helps them figure out that it is solvable.
    Why is the onus still on the players at this stage in the game's life? How many times must something be pointed out and ignored before you give up?
    Hilarious Princess....Sorry your life is so medicore after all this time..Lol, you are scared of a farmer? with a tractor....?

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    But that is just it. That is NOT the ladder bug. ...
    The problem is there are two ladder bugs. You can say that the (presumably) client-server communication issue is not the ladder bug but I don't know if all the players understand the nuance or differentiation. If you think that you can inform everyone to the difference and get them to call it by something other than "Ladder bug" go for it but I have my doubts on how successful that re-training program will be. I would argue that if most the player base is calling the hitching issue the ladder bug, then that is what the ladder bug is.

My sigh was because Turbine should know by now that there are 2 ladder bugs. One has almost entirely been eradicated (the improper position or official "ladder bug" as you call it). The other is still prevalent and frequently complained about. To see complaints about the latter being referred to the solution to the former is just plain sad at this point as it seems to be either willful ignorance or incompetence on Turbines part. Telling them to report the location as if it is the former bug doesn't seem to be helpful.

YMMV

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast