Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1
    Community Member FlaviusMaximus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,635

    Default Ease up, con-men of the DDO community...

    Posting non-epic Dream Visors in the AH for hundreds of thousands of pp is no different than when people posted blood stone gems for Bloodstone trinket prices. Exercise some self control, kids.

  2. #2
    Community Member Ryiah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,852

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlaviusMaximus View Post
    Posting non-epic Dream Visors in the AH for hundreds of thousands of pp is no different than when people posted blood stone gems for Bloodstone trinket prices. Exercise some self control, kids.
    Is this where I ask you how much you accidentally paid for one?
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    Toy Soldiers

  3. #3
    Community Member FlaviusMaximus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,635

    Default

    Ayoo.

    I almost put the disclaimer in my post that I didn't fall for it, but didn't think there would be anyone stupid enough to think that my criticism was based on a mistaken purchase. I think the annoyance of having to sift through bogus Visors and the disappointment I feel in the community every time I have to do so is enough to warrant a post. But that was almost funny. Kudos to you.

  4. #4
    Community Member Ryiah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,852

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlaviusMaximus View Post
    I think the annoyance of having to sift through bogus Visors and the disappointment I feel in the community every time I have to do so is enough to warrant a post.
    Use a level filter. The original Dream Visors have a minimum level of 11. The new ones are level 12 for Normal, level 13 for Hard, level 14 for Elite.
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    Toy Soldiers

  5. #5
    Community Member DynaTheCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Narnia
    Posts
    735

    Default

    Hm... Right at the start of epic GH, I sold my regular dijinn ring for 700k plat.

    Does this make me a bad kitty? Or just.... sneaky..... :3

  6. #6
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    4,643

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DynaTheCat View Post
    Hm... Right at the start of epic GH, I sold my regular dijinn ring for 700k plat.

    Does this make me a bad kitty? Or just.... sneaky..... :3
    If you are rogue, then sneaky; if not rogue, then bad kitty.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

    Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

  7. #7
    Community Member ThePrincipal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    770

    Default

    Playing folks on the AH for fools is "roleplaying"

  8. #8
    Community Member TheLegendOfAra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    TARTARUS
    Posts
    1,510

    Default

    Err.. People still use the AH? For anything?
    Man it's been ages since I've opened one for anything other than a thieves tools and blur/ahield/Expd. retreat wands..

    Everything else it's just easier, and cheaper most of the time to use the server trade threads, or trade channels.
    Araphina Skycrow - 15Paladin/3Ranger/2Fighter (Life 8/25) 5xRanger, 3xPaladin
    Araphell - Arasin - Arathaes - Arawyn - Aravein
    Guild: Fors Fortis;Guild of Won, & VENOM @ Argo
    "And we learn, as we age; We've learned nothing! And my body still aches."

  9. #9
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Your inventory
    Posts
    97

    Default

    I gave away my non-epic Dream Visor because that guy was pretty cool. And I'm a wizard.

  10. #10
    Community Member relenttless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    593

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheLegendOfAra View Post
    Err.. People still use the AH? For anything?
    Man it's been ages since I've opened one for anything other than a thieves tools and blur/ahield/Expd. retreat wands..

    Everything else it's just easier, and cheaper most of the time to use the server trade threads, or trade channels.
    Most people (ordinary folk- as opposed to uber-rarified types such as your good self) use it all the time, you carry on not going there, leaves plenty of bargains for the rest of us.
    "Implosion: For when you just HAVE to kill every M**********R in the room"-
    (Samuel L Jackson)

    "Some are insane, and the're in charge"

    Sarlona: Mercilless, Maliciouss, Relenttless. Plus others.....

  11. #11
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    290

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlaviusMaximus View Post
    Posting non-epic Dream Visors in the AH for hundreds of thousands of pp is no different than when people posted blood stone gems for Bloodstone trinket prices.
    Actually, it is extremely different. Largely because given the uselessness of Platinum HE Dream Visors are worth hundreds of thousands of plat. Now, if you had said putting the pre-U14 version up for that kind of price you would have a valid point. The people who do that are simply scum trying to profit off of someone's misclick. People selling their Heroic Dream Visors for what others want to pay for them are simply using the AH, even if you do not like the pricing point.

  12. #12
    RangerDangerGrrl Kawai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    At you. Not 'with you'.
    Posts
    1,618

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by ForumAccess View Post
    ... People selling their Heroic Dream Visors for what others want to pay for them are simply using the AH, even if you do not like the pricing point.
    pretty much sums it up : )
    TKSK - Thelanis ("Best Server" -NyTimes).

  13. #13
    Community Member Cogdoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    386

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DynaTheCat View Post
    Hm... Right at the start of epic GH, I sold my regular dijinn ring for 700k plat.

    Does this make me a bad kitty? Or just.... sneaky..... :3
    Clearly a bad kitty...

  14. #14
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    8,255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlaviusMaximus View Post
    Ayoo.

    I almost put the disclaimer in my post that I didn't fall for it, but didn't think there would be anyone stupid enough to think that my criticism was based on a mistaken purchase. I think the annoyance of having to sift through bogus Visors and the disappointment I feel in the community every time I have to do so is enough to warrant a post. But that was almost funny. Kudos to you.
    Set the filter to ml20 and there is no more sifting.

  15. #15
    Community Member ZeebaNeighba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryiah View Post
    Use a level filter. The original Dream Visors have a minimum level of 11. The new ones are level 12 for Normal, level 13 for Hard, level 14 for Elite.
    Also, epic dream visors have a purple border. Heroic visors do not.

  16. #16
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    573

    Default

    Also people post stuff to the AH as a form of inventory management. If it ends up selling for your super high buyout then all the better.

  17. #17
    Community Member -Zephyr-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZeebaNeighba View Post
    Also, epic dream visors have a purple border. Heroic visors do not.
    The EN ones you get from the epic chain reward do not have a purple border.
    Also, I've seen screenshots of EE items that did not have the purple border while the same item, on EE as well had a purple border right under it in the AH listing.

    Don't trust borders.
    Owy Evoker FvS / Praledric Completionist Qstaff Rogue/Monk/Druid / Laraeph DC Wizard / Laraelph AA Monk/Ranger/Pally / Gaenry Shiradi Sorc/FvS/Wiz / Reasis SWF Pally & numerous others
    The Leveller for DDO!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload