Default Dragontouched Armor - Questions

I have a couple of questions about the dragontouched armor:

1) Can a rune applied to the armor be replaced later with a new one? How does it work?

2) I have a sovereign rune of crippling, I'm not sure how it works on the armor. Does it give you the feat? Or is there a %age change of crippling attack when hit?

Pretty excited to craft one at last, wanted these things to get clarified first.

Community Member

2) Wearing the armor gives your melee weapons the Crippling affix, so any melee attack that crits will apply a movement speed penalty. Crippling sucks, AFAIK, by the way

Its not the Crippling Strike feat, its an automatic effect on any melee crit. Not sure if there's a save for it...but I dont think it matters, since you're already in melee range and movement speed is largely unimportant anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Alistina View Post
    I have a couple of questions about the dragontouched armor:

1) Can a rune applied to the armor be replaced later with a new one? How does it work?

Yes, you do the same as if you were were slotting an empty armor: it just replaces the existing rune.

2) I have a sovereign rune of crippling, I'm not sure how it works on the armor. Does it give you the feat? Or is there a %age change of crippling attack when hit?
    It works as if your weapon(s) have crippling on them: Procs whenever you score a crit.

Pretty excited to craft one at last, wanted these things to get clarified first.
    On a side note, certain runes (specifically the sovereign devotion rune) just never seem appear from "crunching". If you're looking for a specific rune, you are likely better off farming running the quest that drops them.

You can apply a new rune at any time. It overwrites the old rune of the same tier -- i.e. Tempest rune will overwrite existing Tempest rune (if there is one).

Sovereign rune of Crippling will make any melee weapon you use a Crippling one, i.e. when target is critically hit it is slowed with no save (do not remember if it works on red-named). Sovereign runes of Smiting and Destruction work same way; Smiting might work on ranged weapons too.
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

Quote Originally Posted by guardianx2009 View Post
    On a side note, certain runes (specifically the sovereign devotion rune) just never seem appear from "crunching". If you're looking for a specific rune, you are likely better off farming running the quest that drops them.
    Lol I actually like sos a lot, and don't mind farming it over for a good sovereign rune. Its the flagging thing that irritates the hell out of me, not to mention never get any group that stays long enough to do the whole thing, if I get any ever heh.

Really wish they change the flagging mechanic, its a nice fun quest thats ignored because of it

PS Thank you for the quick reply everyone. Now that I know I can replace them, I'll make one with what I've got and keep farming in hopes of getting a better drop lol.

Quote Originally Posted by guardianx2009 View Post
    I will say that after 23 runs of prey on the hunter, i was able to create armor with 10%, 20% heal amp, and devotion 84. The devotion rune definitely came from crunching.