Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Epic Sword of Shadows. 3 years and 300 runs to acquire it over many characters

..and less then 3 months later I replace it with an axe

Default Sword

Best sword is the one that have many uses.

For that reason my choice is Flint(dagger is still a sword).
    You can stab.
    You can slash.
    You can bash(with its hilt).
    You can use it as a knife during dinner.
    If nothing is working you can always start a fire...
    trixalai \o/ xirrantha \o/ trixilai //argonessen // Trolls Lair

Default Favorite Sword?

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post

Don't forget to answer the Chronicle Comment below for the chance to win Turbine Points! We'll pick a winner after Noon Eastern on Friday, June 21st.
    Most of my characters are either arcane, ranged, monk or divine. My characters do not use a sword per se.
    I guess short swords work for the Ninja types... For now, it would be Celestia, Brightest Star of Day paired with Rebellion .

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility

Community Member

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by delsoboss View Post
    Well, it's not a sword, it's a pair.Back in the day when i was a newb, without plat, without experience and without knowledge of the game i stumbled upon a rapier/shortsword pair on the AH that got me from level 12 to level 20.Both are +4 True Chaos of Pure Good, finding weapons like those, with so many shinies on them and that i could afford on the AH was wonderfull.I still keep them in my bank, just in case.
    hope you still have then in the bank, I had a nice set like that but they got nerfed during an update and never got fixed. I miss them soo much. you take care of them alright!
    We are all lost travelers, on a journey to find that which we do not know, but it is not a prize we seek, but the road that must be taken, it is that inside us that drives us forward into the unknown.

My greatsword of greater halfing bane. Who needs a chattering ring when you could be farming purge the heretics?
    ~ Cheara : Raizertron : Pozitron : Higgz Bowtron : Illudium : Staphe Infection : Abraa Capocus ~
    Nooby McNoobsalot
    Ghallanda Rerolled

Community Member

Default Insanity

It is a nice weapon for barb, fighter, or anyone else with greatsword proficiency.

And it is always nice to watch mobs fight each other instead of me.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Default swords!

I always love the khopesh, so any good khopesh will be ok

Community Member

Default Sword of shadows

repeat: sword of shadows

Epic Whirlwind. Looks nice + it's one of the best crowd control weapons in DDO :-)
    Khyber:
    Healingonly (melee FvS, TR), Groggor (DPS barb), Nimrud (caster, TR), Yayamee (DPS/stun monk, TR), Tadko (evasion tank, TR), Piersi (TWF DPS), Feneya (monkcher), Zornix (druid now, arti someday) and many others (across all servers)

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Default Favorite Sword

My favorite sword is my Epic Elyd Edge.
    Author of Info Blue UI Skin (Really wish Turbine would update the skinning interface and enable all the new UI parts.)
    If you don't have an SSD, you should be using DDOPreload (fixes the slow first login issue)

I'll go with Blade of Inquisition, becouse this blade is everything you need, when you're hunting undead. It's of great use from lvl 2, and can still be usefull around lvl 10~12 [Depends on augments and upgrades]. It has a simple, yet nice look, and with this blade you can cut your way throu Deleras Tomb and Necropolis Part 1 and 2 without any mayor problems.

Default Do you have a favorite sword in DDO, and if so, what is it?

I have a soft spot for the Turbulent Epee.
    I like Metalline and Alligned to cover all the Damage Reduction bases, spiced with a pinch of Turbulent Burst for flavor.

Community Member

I like the cove items, Cutthroat's Smallblade and Brigand's Cutlass.

Default Fav sword

Terror (pre U13), and Envenomed Blade (good for a variety of classes)

Default Favorite Sword

i have to say at low lvl the sword of pain is an ok short sword but i like the envionemed blade the most

Community Member

Default A "Dream" comes true!

Without any hesitation: Nightmare, the Fallen moon!

I always liked Bastard swords , the perfect mix of a greatsword and a longsword.

I wanted it so much that I ran (and organised) 20 runs of Caught in the Web in 2 consecutive weeks!

Boy was I so happy when I saw it for the first time in the 20th list (no screenshots available of it at that time),
    the look is great (tho a bit heavy) , the background and stats also, very VERY great!

Ps: I'd like to add I find that most of the weapons in this raid are great and very interesting! Good job on them!
    Last edited by PublicEnemy; 06-17-2013 at 08:08 PM.

Community Member

Pair of lit2 khops. Was awesome to finally get all those larges as half-newb ( and get broke in the process :P) and use them on capped pally some 3 years ago.
    Then getting it out of bank as TRed fighter, oh joy !
    Classic.

Favourite sword in general is the Bastard Sword. There's just something juvenile (and therefore super stupendously awesomesauce) about wielding a giant straight edged sword in one hand.

Which pretty much means that my favourite sword is the beloved Nightmare. Second in line is the only weapon I personally ever farmed out completely, and I even farmed out a second one.

The Epic Chimera' Fang. Oh lordy, if I were still a dual wielder I'd keep them on me, but for now their wonderful dr breaking abilities just can't stand up to the neg level super sexyness of Nightmare.

Yes going S&B with Nightmare is totally worth it. Running through EE content, just throw a cleave or 2 down and watch the Necro specced PM revel in happiness that his dc's are finally high enough :P

My favourite is my Cormyrian Khopesh which got Paralyzing, Voltaic, Slicing Winds and some other nice stuff.
    I really wish I could upgrade this with a red slot.

My favourite sword would be the katana, mainly because it has great history and partly because I am actually proficient with them in RL

for InGame I would say Insanity for its great look, especially on Halflings
    To actually use in battle I cannot say I'm not a big sword user

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast