Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default The DDO Chronicle: Issue 48 is now available!

Don't forget to answer the Chronicle Comment below for the chance to win Turbine Points! We'll pick a winner after Noon Eastern on Friday, June 21st.
    Last edited by Cordovan; 06-14-2013 at 04:15 PM.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Community Member

Default Favorite Sword?

My favorite sword is the rapier that the enemy doesn't see coming as my rogue sneaks up behind him.

Community Member

Default Favorite Sword

I personally would have to say that my Favorite Sword will have to be Terror from Mindsunder. Largely because of its benefits such as: 2d7 Crystal Damage, Fearsome as a hit, and the intimidate bonus. This is largely because I play was a Melee Favored Soul or Paladin with either Warforged or Bladeforged. It helps greatly to Intimitank and then deal with aggro.

Community Member

Cool Favorite Sword

I have a +4 Wounding and Puncturing rapier that I put the Festivult Icy Burst on that I still use at level 25 :-D

Its very handy, especially with a paralyzer in the off-hand. :-)

Stat damage is SO underrated!

Default Favorite Sword

I doubt I'm very unique in this, but my favorite sword is the epic Sword of Shadows. The flavor text is nice, the stats are great, but honestly the sheer hate I gained from friends and guildies for getting all the pieces (and base sword) in the same day just a week after hitting level 20 made it worth it.

To this day, when they see me holding the sword, they get so jelly. :P

Celestia, Brightest Star of Day

1. Great general purpose damage type
    2. We have an entire expansion of light hating/fearing enemies coming up
    3. Greatest chance of causing seizures to party members
    4. The game needed a proper sun blade
    5. Ponies
    Glenalth Woodwalke ■ Preston the Ranger ■ Brisqoe the Dentist ■ Prescription Liberator
    AoK @ Argonnessen

Hero
    and Mo Bro H'ro

Default Favorite Sword

Sun Blade. But it needs an epicified version (and no, the Star of Day blades are not epicified versions). Alas, I wish there were frost brand swords (not "the" Frost Brand greatsword - that one sucks) like I had back in AD&D 1st Ed. PnP...with epic versions, too, of course. That would be cool (pun intended).
    "...At least it tells us they understand our language; they're just not willing to speak to us in it. -Who knew they were French?"

The sword of shadows, the sword which can bring the down the shadowfell conspiracy!
    Darkzess(Currently: Bbn) - Sturdycaster (Wiz) - Stormfists(Mnk) - Zeess (Art) - Zessx (FvS)
    Thelanis
    ~Currently away, who knows where i'm gonna be today~

2015 DDO Players Council Sebastrd's Avatar

Default Favorite Sword

Favorite Sword? That's easy.

Whichever one allows me to crush my enemies, to see them driven before me, and to hear the lamentations of their women. That or the Cloudburst. They're both good, I guess.

Astreya the Unturning

It's always a shame when the hammer of poor design choices smashes the fun of player tactical adaptation.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastrd View Post
    Favorite Sword? That's easy.

Whichever one allows me to crush my enemies, to see them driven before me, and to hear the lamentations of their women.
    Your example is more a list of superlative choices appreciated while biologically extant - OR - That's not a sword, it's a space station.
    The newest computer can merely compound, at speed, the oldest problem in the relations between human beings, and in the end the communicator will be confronted with the old problem, of what to say and how to say it. - Edward R. Murrow (1964)

Community Member

Since I mustly play a monk or a wiz... will have to say that sadly, I dont have a favorite sword! :/

The Ornamental Sword, gave to me by Lord Gerald Goodblade.
    Main: Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist [<o>]

Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

Smile

Whirlwind. Because it is a greatsword but can use DEX to attack and damage bonus

Default favorite weapon

+3 Dwarven Thrower. The original D&D item had a comma in it, and for Dwarves would be thrown as a +3 to hit and damage. This version, however, picked up the Dwarf and threw HIM for +3 to hit and damage.

Default Favorite sword

My favorite sword is the Epic Chimera's fang. Back on my fighter/cleric life, I got the dragon mark feats specifically for it. It was also my first epic in my first epic pack
    Because DDO content is created by hand, some issues cannot be fixed with a global change. We must fix these issues one-by-one by hand with the help of bug reports. This includes:
    Ladder issues: please include the /loc when reporting a ladder issue

Default Favorite Sword

Right now, my favorite sword is a Cormyrian Scimitar that I got from the random challenge turn-ins: +4, Paralyzing, Salt damage (over time).
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    If our only source for balancing Normal difficulty was these boards we'd be out of business pretty quick.
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    This is the official forum. Wear a thick skin and abandon all hope all ye who enter here.

Well, it's not a sword, it's a pair.

Back in the day when i was a newb, without plat, without experience and without knowledge of the game i stumbled upon a rapier/shortsword pair on the AH that got me from level 12 to level 20.

Both are +4 True Chaos of Pure Good, finding weapons like those, with so many shinies on them and that i could afford on the AH was wonderfull.

I still keep them in my bank, just in case.

Currently? Templar's Retribution. I picked up at some point in the trip to eveningstar with my paladin and has been my goto that puts out the most damage for the last several levels. This may change as I get to epicness, but I end up swithcing it in and doing more damage than of any of my other Bswords most of the time.

Community Member

Any sword (or any weapon) acquired from Jeets prior to doing 'The Grotto'. Watching the halfling-souled rogue give something away for free proves everyone has some good in them.

Celestia - it go BOOM
    Argonessen: Breyard, Kayuss, Breymer, Vilar, Zhanmadao
    Guild: Fellowship of the Shrine
    Disclaimer: All my posts are in the official DnD language of Common. Common is not a standardised language, so if you think you see a spelling mistake - you are wrong!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast