Default Leveling Iconics

Question on xp with Iconics who don't jump to 15.

I wanted to train to lvl 8 and then do some quests. Say I earn 30,000 xp at lvl 8 then go train directly to lvl 15. Will I be at starting lvl 15 or will I be at lvl 15 + 30,000 xp?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ThePrincipal View Post

I wanted to train to lvl 8 and then do some quests. Say I earn 30,000 xp at lvl 8 then go train directly to lvl 15. Will I be at starting lvl 15 or will I be at lvl 15 + 30,000 xp?
    You would not get the 30K, I did a quick test while leveling a mule and he did not get xp until he was holding 15. So, I was able to stop at 14 and run quests.
    TPICKRELL forum identity still broken, 15 weeks and counting... So yet another throw away Forum identity

Good to know.

Straight to 15 it is.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePrincipal View Post

I would assume that Veteran Status (V 1 at level 4, V 2 at level 7) and Iconic characters are special cases that violate the "Level Banking" rule where you can "Save" up to 1 full level and 1 point less than a second level before advancing, and still collect XP... Thus, while your Iconic Alt has unused levels worth of XP stored you will not accrue new XP.

It can suck, but it sure makes it easy to go get all that favor needed for extra band/pack slots and bonus TP every hundred favor...

I've got an Iconic Artificer (1 Pally/14 Arti) going through the lower levels for favor but also to farm for Runearms... I'm not taking on any level appropriate quests until I have a good collection of RAs and Xbows.
    Carpe D.M.! (Sieze the Dungeon Master!)
    Founder #2003 - Interocitor Repair - Call for discount prices

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grubbby View Post
    You would not get the 30K, I did a quick test while leveling a mule and he did not get xp until he was holding 15. So, I was able to stop at 14 and run quests.
    One other thing to note, you don't get your starter gear until you take level 15.
    TPICKRELL forum identity still broken, 15 weeks and counting... So yet another throw away Forum identity