Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default warforged arcanes

Warforged arcane casters is ridiculous! This breaks one of the oldest and most fundemental rules of D&D.Casters cant wear metal armor without spell failure.

What is turbine trying to tell us with warforged arcanes without any spell casting hinderance?That its ok to break the rules as long as you have money to spend with us?

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by TTHJR View Post
    Warforged arcane casters is ridiculous! This breaks one of the oldest and most fundemental rules of D&D.Casters cant wear metal armor without spell failure.

What is turbine trying to tell us with warforged arcanes without any spell casting hinderance?That its ok to break the rules as long as you have money to spend with us?
    I remember once upon a time, long, long ago, D&D had elves. They were really multiclass fighter/wizards that could wear armor and cast arcane spells.

Warforged do have arcane spell failure. The more metallic and inflexible they are, the worse it gets. Even so, warforged may be less metal than you think.

I'd like to add, the spurious nature of the OP's final sentence strips the credibility of what may be a simple question regarding the nature of an aspect of DDO's game design.
    Someone got it wrong. Everyone expected the Spanish Inquisition because they were required to give 30 days notice, by law.
    I can be found on Orien. My more active toons are Cilon, Solstone in Your Pack, and sometimes Acroyer.

Community Member

Default ok

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    my drow sorc can also cast arcane spells while wearing certain plate armors, and trained in required enhancments/augment of spell agility. you seem to be missing the point all together.

my drow sorc can also cast arcane spells while wearing certain plate armors, and trained in required enhancments/augment of spell agility. you seem to be missing the point all together.
    Can't miss something that don't exist.

Community Member

Default ok for those that dont grasp game mechanics

[QUOTE=Vellrad;5027321]Can't miss something that don't exist.[/QUOTE

Very little thought was involved in creating the warfoiged race. Here is a race that has a composite metal skin that acts like plate armor with only5% spell failure.Now what would all the other races do to the warforge race?would they hunt them like dragons for their skins to make armor?Maybe the warforged race would have been hunted too extinction because they sure are alot easier to kill than a dragon is.Why doesnt a rust monster do triple damage to them?Or send them running scared? I see alot of pro's very few con's for warforged

Also this has created racial bias when trying to join a group with other than a wf character.

Nerf the wf or thats all that will be running quests before long.

[QUOTE=TTHJR;5027329]
    Can't miss something that don't exist.[/QUOTE

Very little thought was involved in creating the warfoiged race. Here is a race that has a composite metal skin that acts like plate armor with only5% spell failure.Now what would all the other races do to the warforge race?would they hunt them like dragons for their skins to make armor?Maybe the warforged race would have been hunted too extinction because they sure are alot easier to kill than a dragon is.Why doesnt a rust monster do triple damage to them?Or send them running scared? I see alot of pro's very few con's for warforged

Also this has created racial bias when trying to join a group with other than a wf character.

Go read some Eberron lore, then come back (or even better, go and dissapear ;p)

Community Member

Default wizards

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSpacePony View Post
    I remember once upon a time, long, long ago, D&D had elves. They were really multiclass fighter/wizards that could wear armor and cast arcane spells.

Warforged do have arcane spell failure. The more metallic and inflexible they are, the worse it gets. Even so, warforged may be less metal than you think.

I'd like to add, the spurious nature of the OP's final sentence strips the credibility of what may be a simple question regarding the nature of an aspect of DDO's game design.
    once upon a time wizards could always wear ant armor and use any weapon if they had the strength.however they couldnt wear any type of protective helm at all, including cloth.

Community Member

Default not nice

[QUOTE=Vellrad;5027332]

Go read some Eberron lore, then come back (or even better, go and dissapear ;p)
    why dont you pull your head out of your ???.Anyone can create a society or dungeon that is suited for p2p only.But doing this by bending game laws that have been around for 40 years insnt a wise thing to do.these so called game s still opereate under a trademark.

Community Member

Clearly you don't know what you are talking about because some casters could wear metal armor right back to AD&D 1.0 (and maybe even Basic/expert, but I'm not certain about that).

ok for those that dont grasp game mechanics

lol, wow, you don't even grasp the basics of the game mechanics do you? Oh well, at least from your post title you seem to understand that you don't know anything, that's a good first step

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

If anyone has popcorn, /share please.
    It's definitely an N-word.

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

EDIT: Yay, double-post. Love the new forums. Or something.
    Last edited by Dandonk; 06-23-2013 at 07:35 AM.
    It's definitely an N-word.

Very little thought was involved in creating the warfoiged race. Here is a race that has a composite metal skin that acts like plate armor with only5% spell failure.
    Composite plating is not plate armor, did you even read the feat descriptions of Mithral Body and Adamantine Body?
    Mithral body is light armoring equivalent to chainmail shirt or studded leather while adamantine body is heavy armoring equivalent to half plate.

Composite plating, the base armor of the Warforged is only +2 AC not +8 like full plate.

There is no point to this thread since it's based on misconceptions.

Learn eberron and 3.x

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

once upon a time wizards could always wear ant armor and use any weapon if they had the strength.however they couldnt wear any type of protective helm at all, including cloth.
    Pretty much totally incorrect

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ykt View Post
    Composite plating is not plate armor, did you even read the feat descriptions of Mithral Body and Adamantine Body?
    Mithral body is light armoring equivalent to chainmail shirt or studded leather while adamantine body is heavy armoring equivalent to half plate.

Composite plating, the base armor of the Warforged is only +2 AC not +8 like full plate.

There is no point to this thread since it's based on misconceptions.
    lol alot of players want thier warforged casters lefted alone i see, i can understand that if you dont have the skill to level a real caster.

Basically thats why warforged was created for all you that cant build a toon.So if all else fails , you can always buy points and go warforged

lol alot of players want thier warforged casters lefted alone i see, i can understand that if you dont have the skill to level a real caster.

Basically thats why warforged was created for all you that cant build a toon.So if all else fails , you can always buy points and go warforged
    So, in your twisted vision of world, Eberron was created by Turbine?

This is even getting better.

Please, don't cease to amuse us.

[QUOTE=TTHJR;5027329]
    Can't miss something that don't exist.[/QUOTE

1.wf do take extra damge from rust monsters
    2.the 2 points of ac mean almost nothing, actually an elf can get to a higher ac

3. Elven Arcane Fluidity IV: Your arcane spell failure chance while wearing light armor decreased by 20%, your arcane spell failure chance while wearing medium armor is decreased by 15%, and your arcane spell failure chance while wearing heavy armor or using shields is decreased by 10%.

combined with mithral armor such as http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Shadowmail_%28Level_25%29, their casting failure is 0%

4. the biggest negative for wf casters is that most of the good casting armors are robes and wf cant wear robes, that causes slot configuration issues for them, the biggest negative for wf in general is negative healing amplification

5. and their biggest pro is not 2 points of ac or the tiny amount of damage reduction that means almost nothing and doesnt even stack with stone skin. it is the reconstruct spell, but now everyone with a blue bar can twist rejuvination cacoon, so...

Community Member TheLegendOfAra's Avatar

You have no idea of what you speak, young one.

I've very rarely, in all my years of playing this game seen anyone turned down from a group for not playing a WF. in any class.
    And the only times I did was back when VOD was end game, and WF tanks were preferable in that one raid. And that was it. And even then, if you had anyone else who had the AC needed, you took them.

If there is any racial bias, you're creating it.

The only thing, and I mean the ONLY thing inherently better about WF casters than fleshy casters is the ability to self heal without swapping to heal scrolls. And this doesn't even matter on a palemaster, and you'd be better off with a different race. And now with ED's and cocoon. Well, WF just aren't that great anymore in comparison. They're about equal now, since the +2 racial con does make it easier to qualify for epic toughness.

And WF have been out for how long now?
    They're still not the most popular race... And are pretty horrible for EVERYTHING outside of like what, 3 builds?

And besides all of the game mechanics, it's a pretty integral part of the Eborron lore, from the original PnP game books. If these weren't in the game, or had been implemented differently... well, Let's just say it would have been one of the biggest fails in this games history.
    Araphina Skycrow - 15Paladin/3Ranger/2Fighter (Life 8/25) 5xRanger, 3xPaladin
    Araphell - Arasin - Arathaes - Arawyn - Aravein
    Guild: Fors Fortis;Guild of Won, & VENOM @ Argo
    "And we learn, as we age; We've learned nothing! And my body still aches."

Community Member

Default ok then

[QUOTE=Lonnbeimnech;5027347]

1.wf do take extra damge from rust monsters
    2.the 2 points of ac mean almost nothing, actually an elf can get to a higher ac

3. Elven Arcane Fluidity IV: Your arcane spell failure chance while wearing light armor decreased by 20%, your arcane spell failure chance while wearing medium armor is decreased by 15%, and your arcane spell failure chance while wearing heavy armor or using shields is decreased by 10%.

combined with mithral armor such as http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Shadowmail_%28Level_25%29, their casting failure is 0%

4. the biggest negative for wf casters is that most of the good casting armors are robes and wf cant wear robes, that causes slot configuration issues for them, the biggest negative for wf in general is negative healing amplification

5. and their biggest pro is not 2 points of ac or the tiny amount of damage reduction that means almost nothing and doesnt even stack with stone skin. it is the reconstruct spell, but now everyone with a blue bar can twist rejuvination cacoon, so...
    really dont care what is replied, as a DND player since the 70's .warforge race is a total joke, no brain, no lungs,no sexual organs, no soul, more or less a playable golem . golems where controlled by their makers.unless the warforge has some kind of fantasy microprocessor in its head giving it the ability to think and have int. was very convient that not all of labatories that make warforge wasnt destroyied as ordered by house canith so no other warforge could be produced. like i said a joke of a race made for those that just dont get it when it comes to rolling a toon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast