Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by FranOhmsford View Post
    4) Not forgetting that this somehow means I'm a Barb with NO Silver Flame Pots too!
    Guess what...Silver Flame Pots require 4 {Used to be 5} Pay to Play Packs to earn! - A 1st Life toon is unlikely to have them before Lvl 20 minimum!
    I was the one that make the talk about the SF pots. I'm sorry if it reached you with the wrong tone, but I was being sarcastic. A few minutes before in the same discussion I defended the point that every divine should heal the party just because it is effortless in their side. Then the words on "everyone should self-heal because my 4k SP FvS is too busy being awesome", I replied that he forgot to blame the barbarians without SF potions.

And I must also agree with Turtle and Qye about how elitist that channel is sadly turning into.
    Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist (12/14) [<o>]
    Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Kensai, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

Quote Originally Posted by nibel View Post
    I was the one that make the talk about the SF pots. I'm sorry if it reached you with the wrong tone, but I was being sarcastic. A few minutes before in the same discussion I defended the point that every divine should heal the party just because it is effortless in their side. Then the words on "everyone should self-heal because my 4k SP FvS is too busy being awesome", I replied that he forgot to blame the barbarians without SF potions.

And I must also agree with Turtle and Qye about how elitist that channel is sadly turning into.
    Now this is a surprise - Maybe i did catch the wrong end of the stick here and thought you were having a go at me rather than her {Character name clearly female and no way to tell what gender player was/is}.

It's also possible that I came to the channel after you'd been talking about Divines and that that person had been trolling for a while...
    But if so...Why was the reaction so clearly against me when I called her out?

Amossa will be removed from my squelch list upon logging in to Sarlona today.

P.S. I missed this....Must have been after I squelched her
    Quote Originally Posted by nibel View Post
    Then the words on "everyone should self-heal because my 4k SP FvS is too busy being awesome",
    - Lol indeed!

Oh and message to the Devs - This is what you get when you frontload forms in Pale Master - Every Fleshy Archmage suddenly expected to take Form and Heal him/herself!
    It was already bad enough playing a Fleshy Archmage and getting the "Why you not PM...Noob?" thanks you very much BUT now it's gonna be 10 times worse!

I was not so much angry for the slights to my own Archmage {I know full well he's been gimped for a while - He also happens to be my Crafter on Sarlona and as such I haven't been concentrating on gearing him up}.
    It's the Newbies coming in and playing Archmages because they don't like the Lore of Pale Master {Not Everyone wants to play Evil you know} and worse they haven't bought Warforged yet / aren't VIP.
    Attitudes like those I ran into on Sarlona yesterday are not conducive to Newbies sticking with this game and as Channel-Defense has been advertised multiple times on these forums {I can't find Tobril's Thread atm} as being Newbie Friendly I felt I had to make a stand.

On my main Server "Cannith" I've been watching "Cannithtrade" channel for the best part of a year now - I've had conversations in there.
    I've seen the good and the bad and this is a channel that's NEVER been advertised as Newbie Friendly!
    BUT
    Not once have I come across attitudes as bad as what I saw yesterday on Sarlona {In a Channel that's SUPPOSED to be Newbie Friendly and has been advertised as such on these Forums on multiple occasions!}.

Quote Originally Posted by cdr View Post
    There are some trolls in the channel, especially of late - inescapable since Turbine implemented zero moderation ability for channels. /squelch them.
    I'm pretty certain you're wrong about this - The Right Click Report Harassment seems to be broken and Tickets sent thru that get closed with nothing done {Which is annoying as heck}.
    BUT I've learned that if you use the Help Page and copy paste the troublesome post into a proper ticket it does get seen by a GM and people have been told off {and even Banned - One regular troublemaker has had this happen on multiple occasions from what I can tell*}.
    AND THESE WERE IN A CHANNEL - Cannithtrade!

*I'm not sure what Turbine's definition of a Perma-Ban is but it seems to be a misnomer.

Oh and /Squelch is a last resort in Channels as there's so few people in them that only seeing half of a conversation happens way too often!
    Defense yesterday...
    1) Nothing Reportable was said DESPITE the general tone.
    2) I'm not so invested in said channel and found it safer to simply Squelch and Leave {thanks to 1) Reporting could have been a mistake in itself.}.

As for Cannithtrade - It's pretty proud of it's reputation and I doubt anyone will be upset at my portrayal of it in this thread - Except maybe for being too easy on it.

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

Absolutely unsquelch Amossa, S/he is a great person I've known for a while. Very nice players who knows his/her stuff. (I'm really not sure what gender Amossa is, but they are someone I enjoy talking to and will miss no that I left Defense.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

Quote Originally Posted by Qaliya View Post
    A couple of weeks ago I suggested a player ask on the channel for advice about runearms, and she was given no useful advice and basically ridiculed for even asking the question. I got so ticked off I left the channel for a while.
    That's bogus, and you know it. She asked specifically about the Tor rune arms, and I replied they were junk. You got all offended, by the way I put it apparently, and left the channel in a huff. She was mad for a little bit then built a bridge and got over it. I'm sorry I didn't sugar coat it, but those rune arms ARE junk. She was perfectly happy to get that advice from someone who was saccharine-sweet with their advice after dismissing what I'd previously said. I, and many others who you seem to want to vilify in that channel, did tell her which rune arms were head and shoulders above the ones that come out of Tor. But I guess you didn't see that since you'd left by then huh?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by TrinityTurtle View Post
    Absolutely unsquelch Amossa, S/he is a great person I've known for a while. Very nice players who knows his/her stuff. (I'm really not sure what gender Amossa is, but they are someone I enjoy talking to and will miss no that I left Defense.
    Amossa (whom I agree is awesome) is also on the help channel now.

Quote Originally Posted by rest View Post
    You got all offended, by the way I put it apparently, and left the channel in a huff.
    No, I was merely annoyed by your unhelpful reply. I left the channel in a huff because of the rude and obnoxious comments that followed it.

I've never denied that there is helpful advice to be found there. I said as much yesterday. The problem is all the sewage one has to wade through of late to get it. The quality of advice is important, but the way it is given also matters.

...there is helpful advice to be found there... The problem is all the sewage one has to wade through of late to get it....
    I've been lurking in the Defense channel for a while and I couldn't agree more. I've stayed there mostly because I didn't know of any other options, but I'll drop into the help channel now and say hi.

Amossa (whom I agree is awesome) is also on the help channel now.

No, I was merely annoyed by your unhelpful reply. I left the channel in a huff because of the rude and obnoxious comments that followed it.

I've never denied that there is helpful advice to be found there. I said as much yesterday. The problem is all the sewage one has to wade through of late to get it. The quality of advice is important, but the way it is given also matters.
    Well you missed all my helpful replies after you rage quit the channel. Sorry your feelings got hurt by the answer I gave to someone else's question in the channel, mitotera.

Community Member

I have to wonder if you even read my post before hitting reply. I specifically said that I did not leave the channel over your response, just that I found it unhelpful. I left because of the exchange that followed, which you may or may not have been involved with (I don't recall the names.)

ETA: In an exchange about a month ago on the forums, I said that I would blacklist anyone so spiteful that they would leave an incapacitated party member on the floor to die rather than toss them a CLW or a wand-wave. You responded by telling me I should blacklist all of your characters. Then, for two weeks afterwards, you repeatedly tried to pick a fight with me about this on the defense channel, provocations I completely ignored.

Your overall attitude is typical of what the channel has turned into.
    Last edited by Qaliya; 08-22-2013 at 03:05 PM.

ETA: In an exchange about a month ago on the forums, I said that I would blacklist anyone so spiteful that they would leave an incapacitated party member on the floor to die rather than toss them a CLW or a wand-wave. You responded by telling me I should blacklist all of your characters.
    hmm. You should blacklist Brutenmo, Tankenmo, Forgenmo. None of them would have any choice other than to stand over your decrepit body, making space in their backpacks to carry your soulstone to the next shrine. They all just chain chug SF pots, or use reconstruct.

I would also /emote cry, ask you about any messages you'd like passed onto your loved ones, tell you that it's going to be ok, right up until the moment that you slip away from this life. Then I'll loot every last shiney leaving you so bare even the ravens wouldn't notice your corpse.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by fTdOmen View Post
    hmm. You should blacklist Brutenmo, Tankenmo, Forgenmo. None of them would have any choice other than to stand over your decrepit body, making space in their backpacks to carry your soulstone to the next shrine. They all just chain chug SF pots, or use reconstruct.
    The subject being discussed wasn't someone who didn't have a way to help someone incapacitated and therefore didn't do it. It was someone who did have a way to help but refused to do so. And I don't think that's you, Mo.

(I always carry a wand or rod for such situations, but that's my choice.)

Qye has an impressive inferiority complex... it's pretty hilarious. He's always being oppressed by the "powergamers". It's not his fault he never learns how to play better, it's those dastardly powergamers for expecting too much of him.

He'd been looking for an excuse to dramatically huff out of Defense for a long time, and rest saying Tor runarms are garbage was close enough apparently.
    Last edited by cdr; 08-22-2013 at 07:24 PM.

The subject being discussed wasn't someone who didn't have a way to help someone incapacitated and therefore didn't do it. It was someone who did have a way to help but refused to do so. And I don't think that's you, Mo.

(I always carry a wand or rod for such situations, but that's my choice.)

I always keep my pockets ready for those situations.
    Distributed - Currently on life 90.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by cdr View Post
    Qye has an impressive inferiority complex... it's pretty hilarious. He's always being oppressed by the "powergamers". It's not his fault he never learns how to play better, it's those dastardly powergamers for expecting too much of him.
    An "inferiority complex"? Over a videogame? That's pretty amusing stuff.

I'm an intermediate player; not as good as some, but better than others. I don't have the time to become "superior" at a videogame, and frankly, not all that much interest in it either.

I play to have fun, not to impress others. And I hold my own most of the time. I ask for help when I need it; I give help when I can. Sometimes I run a quest and am the biggest noob in the party, and sometimes I run a quest and carry the party. It's all good, and none of it defines my ego.

(Frankly, if I ever found myself feeling so proud about being better at a videogame than someone else that I felt compelled to make snide comments on a public forum about it, that is when I'd start to feel inferior.)

Anyone who reads this thread can also see that my complaint is not about powergamers, anyway -- that's just a diversionary tactic on your part. It's about attitude and behavior. Some of the most experienced and skilled players I've met in DDO are also the most kind and helpful. And then, well, there are people like yourself, who with every post prove my point about the sorts of people who populate that channel far better than I ever could.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilindith View Post
    I always keep my pockets ready for those situations.
    Well, good thing you're so uber that you don't need to run with anyone else anyway.

Well, good thing you're so uber that you don't need to run with anyone else anyway.
    They keep my pants so warm and comfy man, don't hate.
    Distributed - Currently on life 90.

I have to echo the criticism surrounding the defense channel. It is an absolutely atrocious channel. I joined because a friend of mine told me that Tobril is an easy lay, so I put up with all the training runs, the pikings, the negtens...only to find out that he friendzoned me and that he's gone steady with Samius.

Damn you Tobril, I hate you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12