Hybrid View

Community Member

Default Essemce Monopoly

There is something going on in the auction house on Khyber. Someone is monopolizing the magical greater essence market. Over the last week, I have constantly been outbid at the last minute on essence auctions. I have bid on virtually EVERY essence up for bid and at the last minute., lose out. Now I don't mind losing a bid, it's a free country. BUT then I notice that all the greater essences are then reposted for sale, at a high CONSTANT price with high buyouts. Someone is playing a game on monopoly with Cannith crafting supplies, and I'm sick of it. I just returned to playing DDO after a long time away, and I'm trying to learn and play with the (new to me) crafting system.. I can't do so without crafting material. So, a notice to whoever it is doing this:: I am going to find out who you are, I am going to break you. I have tons of plat and I'm going to make it my mission to drive you away from the auction house. I suggest you surrender gracefully now, and we can be friends.

Thanks!

Community Member

Angry

ESSENCE monopoly....

yes I misspelled essence in the title, but these great forums won't let me edit the post for some reason

1. Buy cheap magical items off the AH or farm below-level quests to obtain them. Break those down for essences.

2. Use those essences to make crappy shards to apply to crappy disjuncted items you don't need and repeat step 1.

3. Never land on Boardwalk with hotels.

4. Profit.
    The newest computer can merely compound, at speed, the oldest problem in the relations between human beings, and in the end the communicator will be confronted with the old problem, of what to say and how to say it. - Edward R. Murrow (1964)

Community Member

Default Too many steps

You don't need to apply shards to items in order to break them down. You can regrind shards directly.

Also, you can get plenty of essences by running quests. WW is a good source if you are at level.

Even better, more greater essences are dropped in higher level quests. Many crafters keep a capped toon for farming mats.
    Last edited by Tscheuss; 06-13-2013 at 03:39 PM.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Quote Originally Posted by Tscheuss View Post
    You don't need to apply shards to items in order to break them down. You can regrind shards directly.
    Yep, but you don't get crafting XP or plat for doing that. Shoeflymc indicated that the character was new to crafting. Plat may not be a problem, but every little point of XP counts in the beginning.
    The newest computer can merely compound, at speed, the oldest problem in the relations between human beings, and in the end the communicator will be confronted with the old problem, of what to say and how to say it. - Edward R. Murrow (1964)

Community Member

Default Disjunction costs plat

Easiest way is to make one small change to routine.

Run quests like normal, but decon items instead of selling them to vendor. Running quests will yield far more greater essences than deconning, anyway.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Community Member DaysAndKnights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeflymc View Post
    There is something going on in the auction house on Khyber. Someone is monopolizing the magical greater essence market. Over the last week, I have constantly been outbid at the last minute on essence auctions. I have bid on virtually EVERY essence up for bid and at the last minute., lose out. Now I don't mind losing a bid, it's a free country. BUT then I notice that all the greater essences are then reposted for sale, at a high CONSTANT price with high buyouts. Someone is playing a game on monopoly with Cannith crafting supplies, and I'm sick of it. I just returned to playing DDO after a long time away, and I'm trying to learn and play with the (new to me) crafting system.. I can't do so without crafting material. So, a notice to whoever it is doing this:: I am going to find out who you are, I am going to break you. I have tons of plat and I'm going to make it my mission to drive you away from the auction house. I suggest you surrender gracefully now, and we can be friends.

Thanks!
    I have tons of essences. How many do you need? PM if u want. We can do a private trade.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by DaysAndKnights View Post
    I have tons of essences. How many do you need? PM if u want. We can do a private trade.
    messaged

You can't force a monopoly with a 30-40% AH cut. It's not rocket economics.

Daily Dice is also a good source of Essences
    Argonessen: Breyard, Kayuss, Breymer, Vilar, Zhanmadao
    Guild: Fellowship of the Shrine
    Disclaimer: All my posts are in the official DnD language of Common. Common is not a standardised language, so if you think you see a spelling mistake - you are wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicMew View Post
    You can't force a monopoly with a 30-40% AH cut. It's not rocket economics.
    I think the microeconomic model you are referring to is "supply and command."

well I will see how many I have and I am willing to sell directly to you I don't craft and I don't post them on the AH they just build and build in my bags.

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

Quote Originally Posted by Postumus View Post
    I think the microeconomic model you are referring to is "supply and command."
    lol, is that the canadian version of redneck?