Default Dev response to ED XP wipe requested.

Please feel free to bump.

So there are 30+ pages in one day over a couple of threads stemming from Glin's look ahead at the game.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...-amp-Iconic-TR

Everything looks great, super pumped, looking forward to it!

*recordscratch

All ED's wiped except for the one "Bonded" destiny in an Epic TR. All xp pots used and key of destinies wasted. Hours and hours of grinding wasted. The forums and every channel in game seems to be lit up with this one point of contention.

I made this thread to have a clean spot for a Dev to assuage our fears. So please no discussion until after (*fingers-crossed) a dev says that a better plan is in place.

While some are certainly correct that an uproar is premature, I would, and anyone who chooses to bump this thread, like to know that this one sticking matter is addressed so that I can know whether or not to stop grinding ED's, stop buyin XP pots(for ED grind) and stop buying Keys of Destiny.

As it is, part of my game play is on hold until an answer is given. And quite frankly for the first time, I am looking at other games to call home if the issue in question is the way it's going to be(I don't mean this threateningly, I'm just one player, and this would seem to be my line in the sand. A decision to wipe out hours upon hours of grind might signal that this game is coming to a close).

Can we lock fate points, essentially making any wiped ED xp a lot less painful as Twists are much more easier to grind then fate points?

or

Can we just keep all ED xp EXCEPT the one that we bond, making us re-level that which gave us the Epic TR bonus?

Please bump and take discussions to other threads:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...-amp-Iconic-TR

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...P-will-be-lost

for example. Just until there is an actual answer, thanks so much.
    Last edited by Sonos; 06-13-2013 at 06:45 PM.

Well levelling back to 20 will be a lot faster with this system, and to be honest it took me 3 days to grind out all the EDs once I reached 25 for a total of 6 days and I was working...

So it all boils down to how many ranks you get from your ED experience in my book, but with the benefits of doing it outweighing the work I don't see a problem. So that's 11 EDs to bond, 11 lives to make, to be honest grinding EDs is faster level/min than TR levels in most points so this is a very important point.
    "(Party): [Party] Mislabeled: you were killed by Qrazydirections"

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiliconShadow View Post
    Well levelling back to 20 will be a lot faster with this system, and to be honest it took me 3 days to grind out all the EDs once I reached 25 for a total of 6 days and I was working...
    Let me guess, you don't know about the coming change to the repetition penalty do you? The old "level to cap and run the same quest until your eyes bleed" will no longer work.

Quote Originally Posted by Citzen_Gkar View Post
    Let me guess, you don't know about the coming change to the repetition penalty do you? The old "level to cap and run the same quest until your eyes bleed" will no longer work.
    I didn't do that anyway, I find it boring as hell. I mean I tried but I think I took 120k from that and went and did other things.
    "(Party): [Party] Mislabeled: you were killed by Qrazydirections"

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Citzen_Gkar View Post
    isnt it heroic exp gets easier as the exp resets like ransack?

i agree that grinding ED's isn't a big deal. 700+ xp needed to lvl one tree = 35 runs of impossible demands or house of rusted blades.. its a grind but can be done in a few days, although very boring. You can do it in a group to lessen the drag and its not challenging. Its an easy grind.

All those questions already have been answered by a dev. All you'd have needed to do is scroll to the last page of the thread (it's 87 pages, not 51 btw) where Silverleafeon was so kind to summarize all developer quotes.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post5054522

Here are the two more recent tidbits:

Quote Originally Posted by Piloto View Post
    Option 1: XP “Bank” System
    When Epic TR-ing, a character selects one ED to bond and then transfers all other ED XP into an XP Bank that can be used at any time to level through heroic levels. Example: A character has five maxed ED’s at level 28. They Epic TR, bond one ED, and then get roughly enough XP to take them back to level 20 in their new life and still have, let’s say, 1,000,000 XP left over to use in their following heroic life (to use at whatever level they want). This option could also come with a onetime opportunity to bond multiple ED’s in one TR (to help those invested in the current system to transfer to the new).

Option 2: Keep Epic Destiny XP System
    When Epic TR-ing, a character selects one maxed out ED that he/she will acquire the Past Life feat for. This Epic Destiny is then flagged. (Starting out, you cannot get more than one copy of each ED’s past life feat.) The character then starts at level 1, but all ED XP is preserved at whatever levels it was at.

We are considering more than just these two options, but we thought you might like to know a bit about what we are currently thinking. Thanks again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    Fate Points: An example dive into some details
    We are aware of concerns with Fate Points under any proposal. They are somewhat tricksy.

We could consider having characters "remember" how many they had. However, we don't consider it viable to let you gain more Fate Points as you regain Destiny XP (should we choose to go forward with any of proposal where any kind of XP is lost, whether from one destiny or many). That leads to infinite or at least "quite a lot" of Fate Points in the long run. That unfortunately means that if we simply blindly preserve your total but don't let you accumulate more until you would have more: The right thing to do is never TR until you have maxed out all Epic Destinies. We know that some players like to break up earning Destinies with reincarnation, and we would like to support that.

There are some corollary changes we could consider (a system where Destiny levels still earns more Fate Points up to the normal cap, for example) that might work, but the more complicated the proposal the less likely we are to want to use it. Complexity is inherently undesirable for corollaries such as this, in terms of designing the solution, making sure it covers all the bases, making sure all players understand it (including most players who never read the forums, let alone post), and of course actually implementing it... and implementing correctly. The more complicated it is the more likely there are bugs (or even perceived bugs, or just plain confusion, which impact enjoyment of DDO regardless).
    Characters on Sarlona: Ungnad (Morninglord, Wizard 17 / Favored Soul 2 / Fighter 1) -- Baerktghar (Dwarf, Paladin 18 / Fighter 2) -- Simulacruhm (Bladeforged, Artificer 16 / Paladin 3 / Wizard 1)

No matter what side of the argument you are on, you always find people on your side that you wish were on the other.
    -- Jascha Heifetz

Quote Originally Posted by supott View Post
    isnt it heroic exp gets easier as the exp resets like ransack?

i agree that grinding ED's isn't a big deal. 700+ xp needed to lvl one tree = 35 runs of impossible demands or house of rusted blades.. its a grind but can be done in a few days, although very boring. You can do it in a group to lessen the drag and its not challenging. Its an easy grind.
    those 35 runs are now a several week process, you can not ever ever farm now.

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    those 35 runs are now a several week process, you can not ever ever farm now.
    Thank god.

It means people will finally do something else.
    Magical Rings are well... magical. - Gandalf

Quote Originally Posted by Grosbeak07 View Post
    Thank god.

Or they might quit, you never know, I give it 50:50 it's very painful to anyone that would choose to farm.

Thank god.

But... why would I want to?

To satisfy my inner desire, aside from some bacon, I need to get every destiny to max.
    Seeming I like playing melees atm, there are two options.
    1) I use my melee toons to level destinies like magister. Painful. Slow. Thanks for killing farming!
    2) I use a toon I don't enjoy, such as a wizard... to level magister. Painful. Equally slow, but I can't even cleave spam now.

I'm unable to decide which is more painful. No epic destinies on a toon I enjoy... Or epic destinies, on a toon I hate.

Community Member

Can a dev just give a short answer:

If you intend to TR - Is it pointless to grind epic destinies once you have done your main (bonded one).

Community Member Talon_Moonshadow's Avatar

Thank god.

I gave up a life of farming to become an adventurer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jandric View Post
    ..., but I honestly think the solution is to group with less whiny people.

Quote Originally Posted by Talon_Moonshadow View Post
    I gave up a life of farming to become an adventurer.

now I farm