Default I Wouldn't Mind Re-Leveling Epic Destinies If Turbine Would Make This One Change...

Allow us to be in our primary destiny while gaining XP in other destinies.

Leveling dreadnought while on my sorc is just not fun and makes no sense.

If they go ahead with the planned TR changes, I hope they give us this ability.
    Dorian

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post

This was one of my three big points.

The other two are:

* TR is currently the only way to change race.
    * The level 18-20 stretch is too much

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient View Post
    This was one of my three big points.

The other two are:

* TR is currently the only way to change race.
    * The level 18-20 stretch is too much
    ^This.

But there would be an easy fix to the XP Problem in lv. 18-20, if Turbine would lend us an ear for at least one year by now: Revamp the XP for existing content like Shavarath or the Druids quests. We get 25k XP on the short by running VON 3 and 20K for the Lordsmarch Plaza quests each. We get about 20k on streak easily for Delirium and still some good XP for most of the Dreaming Dark series. And we get 9k and 11k for Shavarath on full streak??? Revamp the lv. 18-20 heroic quests for XP to match at least what we get on lv. 13-15 and here we go with the XP without any further problems. My absolute favorite would be Shavarath to get a revamp.

For EPIC TR sure, but HEROIC TR shouldn't touch ED XP at all.

Allowing you to have the power of a bonded destiny while levelling up worthless EDs would make it tolerable.

But for heroic TR there needs to be a line in the sand, you do not touch our ED XP for Heroic TR.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

I think a better approach would be to separate fate points from epic destiny levels. Give them their own xp bar (we already have 2 another one won't make much of a difference). I have no problem with someone being required to actually play a destiny that they want to twist abilities out of but needing to play a destiny that I have no interest in so I can twist abilities out of a totally different one seems silly. In addition they need to make some more connections so each sphere is connected to every other sphere by no more than 2 jumps. (or even better they are all interconnected) Something like this:

Code:
    0---0
    |\ /|
    | 0 |
    |/ \|
    0---0

This would be a nice change. Or make it easier to leapfrog over destinies you don't want to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    I think a better approach would be to separate fate points from epic destiny levels. Give them their own xp bar (we already have 2 another one won't make much of a difference). I have no problem with someone being required to actually play a destiny that they want to twist abilities out of but needing to play a destiny that I have no interest in so I can twist abilities out of a totally different one seems silly.
    That's a pretty good idea!
    Thelanis: Nassim* (F12/P6/M2) - Talienor** (P18/Ra2) - Feithlin** (F12/Bd7/C1) - Stoneoak* (F12/M6/P2) - Hokusai (M17/F2/C1) - Ardence* (Bd15/F3/Ro2) - Matsushiro* (Ro11/M6/P3) | Argonessen: Luneargent (W18/Ro2) - Talienor (Ro20) - Takshir (Bd16/F2/Ro2) - Hiacynthe (C20) | Ghallanda: A bunch of pre DDO Unlimited characters (field of testing for post U19 )

Sorry I don't think you earn xp in one destiny while in another doesn't make sense yah it would be easier of course but you should have to be in a destiny to earn xp in it and no you shouldn't be able to have more than one active at the same time power creep is already bad enough

There some other ideas in this thread that are good and that make sense though

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

Community Member

Sure. While we're at it, how about giving us a barb past life for leveling as a sorc, too?

/not signed. If you want to gain experience in a class (or quasi-class as EDs are) you need to actually be that class (or quasi-class).