Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Community Member Thumbed_Servant's Avatar

Default OOoooo

I stand corrected.

That I think would be a kick in the shins to many who have focused on leveling multiple if not all the destinies, under the current knowledge that epic destinies experience and levels earned carry forward in True Resurrection. IF it were just in the Epic True Resurrection, losing them but gaining the benefits of epic past life feat might make it worth while for some. Certainly we should be able to keep said destiny experience/levels earned through a Heroic TR as is now the case (imho).
    Thumbed_Servant (to 3 cats ) I LOVE playing a healer (nannybot to the derisive folks)
    Leader: Order of Sunlit Rose on Argonnessen server
    Current active toons: Hildegarde 22 clr/ Pixsie 20 rog/ Muhther25 clr/ Sheolah 2-14 multi(rog/wiz)/ Heidie 2-7multi(rgr/clr)/ Grindhaus 23 ftr/ Slashira 20 ftr/ Commandur 11 clr

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    I sprained my elbow patting myself on the back for NOT buying this expansion
    I agree, I've rarely felt so good about waiting to buy something (likely postponing purchase indefinitely now).

Now I'm thinking I'll even have an extra $100 a year, if this goes live with heroic TRs wiping ED XP. >_>

I quite simply don't have the time to do 11 TRs just to not lose what I ALREADY HAVE AND DON'T LOSE when I TR due changes borking my characters (which happens at least once every couple updates for SOME character I have, though less often since I stopped playing divines).
    Eternal Infinity: Wruntjunior ~ DI Sorc // Youngwrunt ~ Survivalist Paladin // Wruntarrow ~ Monkcher // Wruntsonmonk ~ Wis-Based Monk

Quote Originally Posted by MartinusWyllt View Post
    That's what they're discussing, not what they're doing.

Though to inure yourself from future disappointment maybe just cancel your account and walk away now?
    Turbine does not have a good track record of listening to players whether it is a game breaking bug, or about things that will break our Characters, and in turn, cause low morale in the game.

Witness how when u18 hit, not only was spellpower bugged ( which they fixed half of it), but Divines saw many of their enhancements obsolete...My cleric got real good insight that they just didn't listen to how broken the enhancement pass was for clerics. Sure, they say that they know they messed up and are going to look at cleric pass again, but that these obsolete enhancements made LIVE tells me that we are still getting borked, or that it will take them a year to fix.

Anyway, the above problems combined with the 10 quests/2 explorer being called an "Expansion" and no raid in it, made me take a break.

This Epic TR thing, made me cancel my sub yesterday--first time since March 2006.

People say that we have a choice to TR....I think that they are forgetting that Turbine makes character breaking decisions.
    Hexxa CLR 25 *TR* * ~Hexanna ~*TR* FVS 25 * Hexecuter CLR 20 *Flexanna RGR/R/M 18/1/1 *TR* * Flexa FTR/R 18/2 TR * Hextravaganz Bard *TR* 18/2 * Hexotic Sorc 13 * Hexquisite Wiz 23 * ~~Quantum Entropy * SARLONA~~ - * and various other scoundrels

Kind of torn on this one. On one hand, I agree with the OP that ED XP farming being required each TR is unnecessarily adding more grind to the game (and we all know why that is - so people will pay to mitigate said unnecessary grind) However....On the other hand, should have learned after the last expansion, and all the other times where the semantics in the system have been altered in order to better financial interests.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Kind of torn on this one. On one hand, I agree with the OP that ED XP farming being required each TR is unnecessarily adding more grind to the game (and we all know why that is - so people will pay to mitigate said unnecessary grind) However....On the other hand, should have learned after the last expansion, and all the other times where the semantics in the system have been altered in order to better financial interests.
    Nonsense. less people will TR with these changes, this will cost them money.

No DDO store hearts, no XP pots, etc . . . less TRing is less revenue.

Community Member Ironclans_evil_twin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bsquishwizzy View Post
    What is that phrase? Caveat emptor?

With Turbine it should be, "caveat emptor maximus."

(Great, now I have a scene from the Life of Brian running through my head...)
    Always look ooooon the bright siiiiiiide of life! dee doop dee doop dedoop dedoop dedoop

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cauthey_No_CCInfo View Post
    Wait - are you stating that a REGULAR level 20 True Resurrection will now wipe all epic destiny XP for every epic destiny except for the active one? I want to be sure that I understand this.

If this is truly their plan moving forward, then someone at Turbine needs to wake up and get a clue. This is a horrible change.
    Although some people in this thread said what you wrote is correct, they are wrong. According to what is being proposed, if you do a regular TR, you will lose all your XP from Epic Destinies. If you read what Glin wrote, you cannot bond with a ED (or as you say keep your active ED) unless you do a Epic TR because Karmic Bonding will not apply to regular Heroic TRs. So it's actually worse than what you original wrote.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironclans_evil_twin View Post
    Always look ooooon the bright siiiiiiide of life! dee doop dee doop dedoop dedoop dedoop
    "A man, callrd Roman go towards a house?"

"It says, "Roman go home!'"

Likewise, "What have the Romans ever done for us?!?" That bit always has me in stitches.

Default Very Bad!

I agree - this is horrendous.

I haven't liked the direction Turbine has been going in over 1 year now.

This would seal it and move me from "unhappy" to "royally ******". That would not only mean dropping all money going to Turbine, but actively bemoaning their sorry state...
    Yehediah (Dwarf Cleric), Zeddek (Human Favored Soul)
    Mezros (Drow Bard), Fieris (Drow Wizard)
    Freibo (Halfling Rogue)

+1000

My thoughts exactly, I am so steamed right now. I have been waiting for double points now this crqap, im thinking of demanding my money back and dropping everything. This is supposed to be fun not stressful...

How many times do we need to get worked up because someone wants to make their mark on the 5+ year old game and change everything! Seriously love the quote that The Xbox One was the second most stupid thing to be announced this week...

Community Member DaysAndKnights's Avatar

Come on, Norg. It's in the planning stages. I agree that the concept was very poorly thought out and needs to be changed. It's not a done deal yet, though. You are putting the cart before the horse.

Quote Originally Posted by moops View Post

Anyway, the above problems combined with the 10 quests/2 explorer being called an "Expansion" and no raid in it, made me take a break.

This Epic TR thing, made me cancel my sub yesterday--first time since March 2006.

People say that we have a choice to TR....I think that they are forgetting that Turbine makes character breaking decisions.
    This Epic TR thing that's in the planning stage and isn't firm in any way, shape or form....though you canceled your sub even though you were already "taking a break"?

I get the rage, I guess. Really, though, if it already wasn't fun for folks then why still play, anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    Turbine can I get my money back for my purchase of the expansion? I am willing to return any gifts in the standard package which I purchased. I talked myself into purchasing the $30.00 expansion what I can say. I like many others am really disappointed in the decision that all the epic destiny previously earned will disappear upon a true reincarnation except for one destiny. I worked hard to earn all of that xp. This decision negatively affects nearly every one of my guildies and friends in game.

I think there should be an option that I and others out there who have purchased the expansion can return our purchase and get our money back. I find the decision to sell the expansion 3 weeks prior to this epic destiny xp announcement disinguous on Turbine's part. I am serious about this and not renewing my subscription.

Thanks,

A Customer
    Norg, I agree with you. The Epic Destiny wipe is an epic fail. I also agree with several other posters. Let's give Turbine a chance to alter the path. It's my understanding from MajMal's recent posts that the cleric trees in the Enhancment Pass are being revised based on feedback. I'm sure with as much venom as people are spewing they will address it.
    Asheras - Velania - Ventarya - Renvar - Vallorynn - Officer - Loreseekers and Sentinels Guilds - Khyber

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    If I finally don Chai's tinfoil hat, then Turbine has taken a wrong turn at Albuquerque.

No one likes spending that much time and money just to have it yanked due to a poorly thought out decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    ... Kicking me in the balls and spitting in my face is not how to get my money.
    If that's how bad this is to you in your life then you are truly living a charmed and blessed life.

fool me once, shame on me. lesson learned from the first expansion. however, nothing has been finalized yet. supposedly the devs are listening to us and change to the TR system can still happen. is it on Lama yet? when it hits Lama than we know that is pretty much what we will get. alpha or beta, it don't matter. since when have we, the general players, have had a say or a hand on changes in the game during testing phases? and how much change is actually made that is in universal agreement and overall fairness to the game? this is why I believe it to be a bad idea to buy an unfinished expansion pack without checking it out on Lama first to see if its something I would actually spend real life money on. $30 isn't a lot of money, but I don't like wasting money just to waste it and you can bet it will be released busted in some way with fixes in future patches. the first expansion still has unfinished fixes that need to be addressed. if I ever do buy it, it wont be until at least a few months after release. if the current plan of change for TR goes live, I think it would be safe to say Turbine would find themselves in the loss column.

But, there is no grind atm. When this goes live, all we have to do is grind 3 levels and acquire some loot that might not be better than EGH. To many of us we can do this in three or so days. Then DDO will be back to a ghost town until more content comes out.

There will not be enough content to keep people happy, so they need to make the grind somehow. Chai is right. Every update more and more people are seeing that the content they are releasing is based around a cash grab. Period.

They may alter what we are all upset about atm, but everything they do is centered around putting mechanics in that make you open your wallet. This is just another line that Turbine has crossed for some, and many might walk if this does not change. There are many fatcats that will pay to keep the servers going, but with less and less people playing, well you know how it goes.
    Flabby-Flaber-Flabo--Heifer-Oinks

LEGION

Honestly, OP, I agree with you and at the same time I really don't empahise with your plight.

People pre-purchased this "expansion" pretty much sight unseen. It seems to me, given the number of posts here expressing severe buyer's remorse, that a lot of people are not all that happy at what they got. Unless Turbine specifically stated what you'd be getting, in detail, they can basically deliver you a turd on a plate, and you'd have no other choice than to accept it.

I can completely agree with wanting your money back. Then again, they did the same bait-and-switch with VIPs and content. People needed to be skepitcal about what was being provided. They weren't.

I hope you get your money back, however, as I've been told:

1) Turbine needs ot make money, and you need to support the game. That's Capitalism. Suck it up.

2) The Terms of Service clearly states that they (Turbine) chan change what they provide for you whenever they want, and you have no say over it.

3) You are expressing an entitlement mentality because you purchsed the expansion being led to believe in one thing, and are not happy when Turbine didn't deliver on its promises.

Yeah...those didn't make much sense to me either when people justified bending VIPs over the furniture with it came to MotU...

honestly the only people really being hurt are people with 2+ more maxed ed's. There are a lot of players who are new or never tred or even own epic destinies yet. To those people this is a great system. now im not saying they should do it either. lol. So i wouldnt say NO one would ever buy anything. a lot of people forget that a lot of people do first lifes only and not tr.

i think the system has a good intentions just needs to be reworked so people dont lose their maxed destinies. I think if there is some compromise or a way to protect this then people would be more willing to let the changes in.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast