Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default The drop rate for boot ingredients makes me HATE this game

I hope this gets to the devs or someone who actually cares about customer satisfaction. I have been running Weapons shipment for the past 4 days straight just to get the Devils keepsake for the boots of Anchoring. I've made over 16 runs with full groups, 2 artifacts have dropped. That's a 2 in 96 drop rate.

Weapons shipment itself as a quest is at best extremely BORING after you run it ONCE.

The boot grind, in my opinion, is one of the most inconsiderate and aweful things that has been designed into the game so far. I have 6 level 20 toons, I have already run Weapons shipment well over 50 TIMES and gotten exactly ONE KEEPSAKE.

Do the devs really expect me to run Weapons shipment 50 times for each toon I want to run in Tower of Dispair, 300 times? Really? Well you got the name right on that one.

Please make all the boot ingredients drop in all the devils battlefield quest PLEASE, I CAN'T STAND RUNNING WEAPONS SHIPMENT SO MUCH.

I've never even seen the artifact drop in Sins of Attrition.... do I have to run that one 50 times per toon?

T
    On Khyber: Tchpostick (Monk 20) Tablespoon (WF barb20), Pspoon (Eleven Cleric20), Tsirio (Halfling Bard18), Silvr (Human Rogue2/Wizard18), Ladle (Elven Cleric11), Forq (Human Bard14), Sporkk (Human Fighter lvl20), Tspatula (monk20)

I'll tell you if you take care of your own curses.

/signed

Boot grinding sucks. I'm just getting my second toon capped and am dreading having to farm boot mats.
    ~ Pallai, Chennai, Saraphima~
    ~Shipbuff, Sophalia, Northenstar ~
    ~ Ascent~

Agreed

At least boot ingredients are treadeable.

*cough* eardweller *cough*
    Osmand d'Medani, Stonebearer Eric, Wardreamer

Quote Originally Posted by Krag View Post
    At least boot ingredients are treadeable.

*cough* eardweller *cough*
    I am sorry but that is not remotely comparable. The boots are required to do the raid for any melees as the mantle won't last long enough, the eardweller is just another item that people want. good try tho... T
    On Khyber: Tchpostick (Monk 20) Tablespoon (WF barb20), Pspoon (Eleven Cleric20), Tsirio (Halfling Bard18), Silvr (Human Rogue2/Wizard18), Ladle (Elven Cleric11), Forq (Human Bard14), Sporkk (Human Fighter lvl20), Tspatula (monk20)

Quote Originally Posted by NXPlasmid View Post
    I am sorry but that is not remotely comparable. The boots are required to do the raid for any melees as the mantle won't last long enough, the eardweller is just another item that people want. good try tho... T
    From a powergamers point of view the difference does not exist. He has to have it. Period.

From a powergamers point of view the difference does not exist. He has to have it. Period.
    I am sorry but I disagree, you are confusing a desired item with a flagging mechanic. the boots are like sigil pieces, they serve no other purpose than running ToD you are talking about another piece of BtC gear, it's really not unique in any way, or similar to raid flagging requirements. I am sorry but again, good try....

U must have some really bad luck on that toon or something.

Usually if I am going for a ransack of Sins I generally pull 1-2 within nine runs.

Bastion and Demon Blood is the killer for me.

Unfortunately I don't have any capped toons on Khyber yet, haven't even really played that server much or I would totally do a trade with you.

I'm a little confused about the artifacts tho, I thought Iron/Keepsakes dropped from Shipment and Artifact/Blood dropped from Wrath.
    Last edited by vVAnjilaVv; 09-04-2010 at 05:04 PM.

I am sorry but I disagree, you are confusing a desired item with a flagging mechanic. the boots are like sigil pieces, they serve no other purpose than running ToD you are talking about another piece of BtC gear, it's really not unique in any way, or similar to raid flagging requirements. I am sorry but again, good try....
    Nice try, but boots are not required to run ToD. You just want them and want them bad because of the unique advantage they give.

Community Member

Run Sins of Attrition for Keepsakes..... It's faster, FAR less boring... And they drop there more often.. The pieces drop A LOT more than they used to... The ONLY reason to run weapons bore is for the bauble...

Sins of Attrition, end chest (any of the six different ones), 9% drop rate on Keepsake (n/h/e, casual is lower).

Much better than Weapon Shipment. Quicker and more fun too. Plus, if the random number generator hates you - well, there's six different end chests you can ransack, and if you feel like a profitable detour, the side chests drop large devil scales.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Nice try, but boots are not required to run ToD. You just want them and want them bad because of the unique advantage they give.
    ... and because people without boots are pretty much useless pikers in the standard ToD strategies PUGs use, and pikers are not welcome in ToD groups...

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    ... and because people without boots are pretty much useless pikers in the standard ToD strategies PUGs use, and pikers are not welcome in ToD groups...
    Since waves of exhaustion were buffed standard strategy includes killing Suulo which leaves very short time of engaging Horoth unless you are main tank or a healer. Mantle of the Worldshaper is lasts long enough to protect you during that dangerous period.

The boot grind, in my opinion, is one of the most inconsiderate and aweful things that has been designed into the game so far.
    agreed!

i went through the pain of getting one set of boots and that is it. so, only one of my 4 melee chars can do TOD.

at the very least the boots should only be bound to account.

Sins - Keepsake
    Bastion - Blood
    New Invasion - Artifact
    Genesis - Iron

WS - Keepsake/Iron
    Wrath - Blood/Artifact

WS should not be run for farming boot ingredients. Run it for the bauble if you need it. Any boot ingredients pulled there during the bauble run is gravy on top (My WF wizard pulled a keepsake in here in his second run. Luckily a rogue pulled a bauble and traded me. Lucky me).

First priority should be ransacking wrath every week. It is a 4 minute zerg fest. Next I would hit up Sins for a keepsake. As previously mentioned, it can be zerged with invis and if you're only interested in keepsake ignore the side rooms except maybe for weakening the bosses. Due to how hard it is to ransack sins you will probably pull a keepsake before you ransack all the end chests.

I find Genesis/bastion take the longest. Only hit up bastion while your Wrath ransack is up. I don't really like farming genesis so I'd prefer to buy an iron. Most people have tons of them and they are relatively cheap at least on Thelanis.
    700+ HP? 90+ AC? TWF DPS and Hate?
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=326756

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    yes
    Since waves of exhaustion were buffed standard strategy includes killing Suulo which leaves very short time of engaging Horoth unless you are main tank or a healer. Mantle of the Worldshaper is lasts long enough to protect you during that dangerous period.
    pls don't pike my thread, ty.

Ok so sins is easier to get the artifact that sounds good, of course now I have to actually form a competent group to run it... Boots are worse than flagging for the abbot...

edit* I would just like to add, that it's really not that easy to PUG sins to ransack, or even to get a couple runs in with the same group...

yes

pls don't pike my thread, ty.

Ok so sins is easier to get the artifact that sounds good, of course now I have to actually form a competent group to run it... Boots are worse than flagging for the abbot...

edit* I would just like to add, that it's really not that easy to PUG sins to ransack, or even to get a couple runs in with the same group...
    sins drops keepsakes. For artifact first ransack wrath. If you don't get it there, the farm new invasion.

Edit: I find it easiest to solo sins. No waiting for a group, no dungeon scaling, no one to slow you down. Some classes are excellent at farming sins. FvS, Clerics, Exploiters, Monks, anyone with decent ac/dmr/self healing. Invis clickies/pots help a ton. The more you do it the better you will get. It takes me 20 min. to solo sins on my FvS hiting up all rooms for all the optional chests. Will probably be half the time if I go straight to the end.
    Last edited by Srozbun; 09-04-2010 at 06:08 PM.
    700+ HP? 90+ AC? TWF DPS and Hate?
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=326756

Quote Originally Posted by Srozbun View Post
    sins drops keepsakes. For artifact first ransack wrath. If you don't get it there, the farm new invasion.

Edit: I find it easiest to solo sins. No waiting for a group, no dungeon scaling, no one to slow you down. Some classes are excellent at farming sins. FvS, Clerics, Exploiters, Monks, anyone with decent ac/dmr/self healing. Invis clickies/pots help a ton. The more you do it the better you will get. It takes me 20 min. to solo sins on my FvS hiting up all rooms for all the optional chests. Will probably be half the time if I go straight to the end.
    Bladebarrier classes can solo Sins without optionals in under 10 minutes, if they can kill the minibosses and bosses quickly.

Ill give that a try on my monk!

Quote Originally Posted by Srozbun View Post

I believe this is a huge problem in DDO. I think most casual players find ransacking quest to be extremely boring. If Turbine really expects players to run the same quest over 50 times to get a flagging item then I think the game is in trouble.

I know there are a lot of players who do farm like this, but I wonder what percentage of the player base they make up.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast