Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by arkonas View Post
    honestly the only people really being hurt are people with 2+ more maxed ed's.
    So practically everyone? Simply getting to level 25 will get a character about 75% of the way to two maxed destinies. Investing a short period of time into gearing and running raids will finish off the second quite easily.

a lot of people forget that a lot of people do first lifes only and not tr.
    This statement doesn't really hold up as much as it used to. Just walk through the marketplace or similar and you will see dozens upon dozens of characters with the wing symbol. Those who do not have it invariably are guildless so I assume either unable to play long enough to do more than solo or are simply brand new to the game. So yes, naturally, someone who has never made it to Epic levels will not be affected by this.
    Last edited by Ryiah; 06-13-2013 at 05:36 PM.
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    Toy Soldiers

Quote Originally Posted by MartinusWyllt View Post
    This Epic TR thing that's in the planning stage and isn't firm in any way, shape or form....though you canceled your sub even though you were already "taking a break"?

I get the rage, I guess. Really, though, if it already wasn't fun for folks then why still play, anyway?
    I'm guessing that you haven't been around long enough to realize a few things about Turbine--1-they rarely listen 2- if they do, they takes years to implement something.

I am not raging, I was already taking a break since they broke all 5 alts that I actually play with u18 and they are just no fun to play. This and the expansion was tipping me towards canceling but I was being sentimental..checking the forums hoping for something that would keep me wanting to play a game that I once loved, this was just the final thing.

Perhaps, canceling a sub and not buying the expansion, will send a message loud enough for them to actually fix some of this stuff sooner rather than later.
    Hexxa CLR 25 *TR* * ~Hexanna ~*TR* FVS 25 * Hexecuter CLR 20 *Flexanna RGR/R/M 18/1/1 *TR* * Flexa FTR/R 18/2 TR * Hextravaganz Bard *TR* 18/2 * Hexotic Sorc 13 * Hexquisite Wiz 23 * ~~Quantum Entropy * SARLONA~~ - * and various other scoundrels

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    Turbine can I get my money back for my purchase of the expansion? I am willing to return any gifts in the standard package which I purchased. I talked myself into purchasing the $30.00 expansion what I can say. I like many others am really disappointed in the decision that all the epic destiny previously earned will disappear upon a true reincarnation except for one destiny. I worked hard to earn all of that xp. This decision negatively affects nearly every one of my guildies and friends in game.

I think there should be an option that I and others out there who have purchased the expansion can return our purchase and get our money back. I find the decision to sell the expansion 3 weeks prior to this epic destiny xp announcement disinguous on Turbine's part. I am serious about this and not renewing my subscription.

Thanks,

A Customer
    Sign me up for this.

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Turbine can I get my money back for my purchase of the expansion?
    I would like my TP back for the Key of Destiny that I bought with the understanding that Epic Destinies actually stick around. Since I'm going to be losing all of my Epic Destinies and Fate Points and that unlock I bought is going to vanish, I'd like those TP back.

I'm just glad that I didn't spend any TP on XP pots and other consumables to level all of the Epic Destinies that I leveled.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Community Member

If that's how bad this is to you in your life then you are truly living a charmed and blessed life.
    If that's not how bad this is for you it is you that is living the charmed life. No worries, everything is fine, history be damned. Ignorance or some other form of bliss?

Turbine can I get my money back for my purchase of the expansion? I am willing to return any gifts in the standard package which I purchased. I talked myself into purchasing the $30.00 expansion what I can say.
    The plans for TR changes have nothing to do with the expansion. You won't likely even see them until some time next year if the info from DDOCast is accurate, so buck up! You'll probably get your $30 worth long before any changes occur.

Community Member

Lightbulb

If you guys simply change it so heroic tr's don't lose their ED xp, and start at level one - like it is now, you'll kill almost all of the angst. If someone wants to grind epic completionist, go right ahead but don't kill the fun for the rest of us.

honestly the only people really being hurt are people with 2+ more maxed ed's. There are a lot of players who are new or never tred or even own epic destinies yet.

I have plenty of characters with 2-4 max destinies and it wouldn't bother me to ETR them and have to re-earn the some EDs. I'll just bond the ED I didn't enjoy.

The majority of players who claim to be 'hurt' by this are all those HotRB grinders who maxxed everything out and are now upset they'll have to do it again if they want the +2 build points for the uberest character. We are talking about a TINY percentage of players is my guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Postumus View Post
    The plans for TR changes have nothing to do with the expansion. You won't likely even see them until some time next year if the info from DDOCast is accurate, so buck up! You'll probably get your $30 worth long before any changes occur.
    The plans for TR changes have quite a lot to do with the expansion.

No raid in the expansion and no real end game anymore beyond one and a half raids even today. Turbine has decided that reincarnation is the ultimate plan for DDO's end game. If you don't want to reincarnate, then you just level to 28 and then wander off to play Civ IV or some other game. That's the message of the last expansion and this expansion together along with all of the recent updates. And because Turbine has decided that reincarnation *is* the end game of DDO, these TR changes have an enormous impact on purchasing decisions - especially the expansion.
    And that is beautiful
    And that is beautiful

We are talking about a TINY percentage of players is my guess.
    We're talking about *every* player who has played at DDO's "end game" since Turbine has been especially blatant in pushing the all-reincarnation, no end game agenda.
    And that is beautiful
    And that is beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by Disgruntled175 View Post
    If that's not how bad this is for you it is you that is living the charmed life. No worries, everything is fine, history be damned. Ignorance or some other form of bliss?
    DDO is just a game.

Sorry.

I have plenty of characters with 2-4 max destinies and it wouldn't bother me to ETR them and have to re-earn the some EDs. I'll just bond the ED I didn't enjoy.

The majority of players who claim to be 'hurt' by this are all those HotRB grinders who maxxed everything out and are now upset they'll have to do it again if they want the +2 build points for the uberest character. We are talking about a TINY percentage of players is my guess.

Actually, I never did grind HotRB to max my destinies, I did it all thru questing and raiding. ...perhaps this is why the thought of having to do it all over again turns me off..since I know how long it will take me to do 3 alts this way. And all 3 will have to be TRd most likely, to be fun to play again, my other 2 are in the middle of TRing, and to me it makes no sense to play until I know what the final plans are.
    Hexxa CLR 25 *TR* * ~Hexanna ~*TR* FVS 25 * Hexecuter CLR 20 *Flexanna RGR/R/M 18/1/1 *TR* * Flexa FTR/R 18/2 TR * Hextravaganz Bard *TR* 18/2 * Hexotic Sorc 13 * Hexquisite Wiz 23 * ~~Quantum Entropy * SARLONA~~ - * and various other scoundrels

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    Nonsense. less people will TR with these changes, this will cost them money.

No DDO store hearts, no XP pots, etc . . . less TRing is less revenue.
    Nope. You must understand how short the memory of the population base is. You see, when the first TR mechanic was released, had they arbitrarily raised the XP needed to cap AND put the XP pots in the store in the same patch , riots would have ensued. All Turbine had to do was arbitrarily increase the amount of XP needed, then wait a bit, THEN put the Xp pots in the store. When they did this, the players rejoiced en masse and thanked Turbine for allowing them to pay to mitigate the gawd awful grind, completely ignoring the fact that it was them that designed that grind t be worse the entire time.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Taking a wild guess that a number of them didn't have to languish in EDs they didn't want, they were somehow able to shear through them as if they weren't even there.

Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Nope. You must understand how short the memory of the population base is. You see, when the first TR mechanic was released, had they arbitrarily raised the XP needed to cap AND put the XP pots in the store in the same patch , riots would have ensued. All Turbine had to do was arbitrarily increase the amount of XP needed, then wait a bit, THEN put the Xp pots in the store. When they did this, the players rejoiced en masse and thanked Turbine for allowing them to pay to mitigate the gawd awful grind, completely ignoring the fact that it was them that designed that grind t be worse the entire time.
    This^

Taking a wild guess that a number of them didn't have to languish in EDs they didn't want, they were somehow able to shear through them as if they weren't even there.
    Exactly.

Community Member FlaviusMaximus's Avatar

I don't have a strong opinion on this matter until I know what the new Epic Destiny past life feats are. Yeah, it sounds like more grind, but if the rewards are worth it then I'm going to do it.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...-amp-Iconic-TR
    Last edited by FlaviusMaximus; 06-14-2013 at 03:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Nope. You must understand how short the memory of the population base is.
    Yeah, that's the reason. People are too stupid to understand how they should devote significant parts of their life to obsess about something they got for a quarter a day.

Also, by the same logic, it is the lack of intelligence that causes some people to refrain from screaming at a claw machine for hours on end because they did not get the toy they wanted even though they paid the fortune of 50 cents for a try (the equivalent of almost two days full access to DDO).

It couldn't have possibly something to do with that the masses at large just don't consider a few cents a mentionworthy expanse and don't get upset about these things for the same reason as they don't have to spend the night screaming at their TV just because the free local channels don't show a movie they like.

I hate loosing my Epic levels as much as the next (semi-reasonable) guy, but its hardly new to loose something you grinded for on a MMORPG.

For instance, I recall spending many hours grinding Titan for a Chattering Ring and/or Gloves, both of which have become worthless now. I have a toon (used to be Exploiter) for whom I crafted nearly any type of GS weapon there is, all of them have been replaced. I recall spending a virtual eternity in ToD to get my Rings, all of which are now rotting in the bank. All that happened prior to ftp simply by the game evolving.

I enjoy things while they last; to expect the latest big thing to remain the bestest forever and ever on a game is setting yourself up for disappointment. To quote Sam Rockwell on this:

Last edited by Beethoven; 06-13-2013 at 09:20 PM.
    Characters on Sarlona: Ungnad (Morninglord, Wizard 17 / Favored Soul 2 / Fighter 1) -- Baerktghar (Dwarf, Paladin 18 / Fighter 2) -- Simulacruhm (Bladeforged, Artificer 16 / Paladin 3 / Wizard 1)

No matter what side of the argument you are on, you always find people on your side that you wish were on the other.
    -- Jascha Heifetz

Community Member Ironclans_evil_twin's Avatar

So if you don't like losing ED's just to heroic TR you're either a cheater, or someone who doesn't matter because they farmed rusted blades?

I'm sorry but that's some insulting purile assumptive bee ess you have going on there guys.

I don't have a single ED maxed out toon. However I would like the option to Heroic TR in the future. But losing even a single ED would just guarantee that I never TR another character. In fact that whole system they've laid out pretty much assures that I and I imagine a large number of players will never participate in it.

I'm pretty sure that's not in Tubine best interest, even if the people who are going to incredibly puzzling lengths to defend a terrible design choice can't see the forest for the trees.

I hate to throw the word Apologist around as I've been so accused myself, but when you're defending an unnecessary and arbitrarily punitive game mechanic on the grounds that anyone who doesn't like it must be a cheater or *gasp* a grinder, that is just weak. If you have a rational basis to defend the idea then offer it up. What you're doing is just the stuff of school yard arguments "make up things about the other side" is not an intelligent argument that is likely to go over well on an internet forum...
    Last edited by Ironclans_evil_twin; 06-13-2013 at 09:49 PM.

Community Member

Turbine can I get my money back for my purchase of the expansion?
    Request denied.

You already know that's Turbine response (if they bothered to respond at all), but it is also mine.

You were here for MotU. You should darn well know better than to prepurchase Expansion 2. If you didn't learn that lesson from MotU, you'd probably fritter the refund away on some other foolish purchase.

Do yourself a favor. Kick yourself (metaphorically, of course) until the lesson sinks in. Then, be grateful that you learned such a valuable life lesson at the cost of a handful of dollars.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast