Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Default Turbine can I get my money back for purchasing the expansion?

Turbine can I get my money back for my purchase of the expansion? I am willing to return any gifts in the standard package which I purchased. I talked myself into purchasing the $30.00 expansion what I can say. I like many others am really disappointed in the decision that all the epic destiny previously earned will disappear upon a true reincarnation except for one destiny. I worked hard to earn all of that xp. This decision negatively affects nearly every one of my guildies and friends in game.

I think there should be an option that I and others out there who have purchased the expansion can return our purchase and get our money back. I find the decision to sell the expansion 3 weeks prior to this epic destiny xp announcement disinguous on Turbine's part. I am serious about this and not renewing my subscription.

Thanks,

A Customer
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

I thought the same things when first reading that..

"Irene Walker: They'd eat their children before they'd part with money and they love their children" - from Prizzi's Honor.
    There is no free lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    Turbine can I get my money back for my purchase of the expansion? I am willing to return any gifts in the standard package which I purchased. I talked myself into purchasing the $30.00 expansion what I can say. I like many others am really disappointed in the decision that all the epic destiny previously earned will disappear upon a true reincarnation except for one destiny. I worked hard to earn all of that xp. This decision negatively affects nearly every one of my guildies and friends in game.

I think there should be an option that I and others out there who have purchased the expansion can return our purchase and get our money back. I find the decision to sell the expansion 3 weeks prior to this epic destiny xp announcement disinguous on Turbine's part. I am serious about this and not renewing my subscription.

Thanks,

A Customer
    Wait - are you stating that a REGULAR level 20 True Resurrection will now wipe all epic destiny XP for every epic destiny except for the active one? I want to be sure that I understand this.

If this is truly their plan moving forward, then someone at Turbine needs to wake up and get a clue. This is a horrible change.

Quote Originally Posted by Cauthey_No_CCInfo View Post
    Wait - are you stating that a REGULAR level 20 True Resurrection will now wipe all epic destiny XP for every epic destiny except for the active one? I want to be sure that I understand this.

If this is truly their plan moving forward, then someone at Turbine needs to wake up and get a clue. This is a horrible change.
    That is exactly what is being proposed - https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...TR#post5020407
    There is no free lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnhelm View Post
    That is exactly what is being proposed - https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...TR#post5020407
    Gotcha.

Yeah, unfortunately my time no longer permits me to surf and digest these kinds of long winded posts. But, this is definitely bad.

I've just Twitted to @producerglin about this. I encourage others to do the same.

What is that phrase? Caveat emptor?

With Turbine it should be, "caveat emptor maximus."

(Great, now I have a scene from the Life of Brian running through my head...)

Quote Originally Posted by bsquishwizzy View Post
    What is that phrase? Caveat emptor?

With Turbine it should be, "caveat emptor maximus."

(Great, now I have a scene from the Life of Brian running through my head...)
    I sprained my elbow patting myself on the back for NOT buying this expansion

Community Member

I totally sympathize. This has got to be the most poorly considered idea to ever come out of that group, and that is saying something. If they had announced this before the expansion went on sale, they would have crippled their sales.

I have two toons that I play regularly. One is capped, the other is close. I don't have time to play more. I have just started TR'ing and found I like it ok -better than the current "end-game". If this idea goes through, I will get bored and will leave. I'll take my credit card with me too. I don't mind losing 4.4 million xp when I TR, but 25 million is a bit much. Especially when I was told that wouldn't happen.

Why can't they just work on bugs?

Wouldn't it have been great if Glin's first post in ever, was something like "We have fixed wail, we have expanded crafting levels to 200, we added guild ship and teleport destinations to the Forgotten Realms, we increased the drop rates of epic components, we made all bound ingredients BTA, ..." and so on.

I did not approve of the urban dictionary for Turbined. But I am beginning to come around.

dont worry, even if you somehow get your money back, the proposal is targeting update 20, which we can only assume at this point wont be another expansion... just a free update yay!

I'm actually pretty surprised at how many people bought the expansion already. purchase rate seems significantly less than MotU, but I still see many folks running around with the Pre-purchase boosts..

All I can say it

Fool me once.......
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Community Member Thumbed_Servant's Avatar

REGULAR HEROIC True Resurrections will NOT wipe out Epic Destiny levels earned in any destiny. It will continue to roll over any and ALL Epic Destiny experience earned in the past life/lives.

What the original poster (op) is talking about is the proposed and still in the works system of Epic True Resurrection. As so far posted, one would get to *pin* one capped epic destiny and keep all it's experience, and get ranks of exp from all the other epic desiny levels obtained but lose those other Epic Destiny levels (unless they too were in a capped and *pinned* destiny from a past Epic TR) AND receive an epic past life feat for going through an Epic True Resurrection.

So, let them know how you feel about the proposed Epic TR, but don't sweat any lose from the current Heroic TR system.

I hope that helps alleviate some worry

*ok, as posted by others, I misread it. I stand corrected...see below*
    Last edited by Thumbed_Servant; 06-13-2013 at 01:34 PM.
    Thumbed_Servant (to 3 cats ) I LOVE playing a healer (nannybot to the derisive folks)
    Leader: Order of Sunlit Rose on Argonnessen server
    Current active toons: Hildegarde 22 clr/ Pixsie 20 rog/ Muhther25 clr/ Sheolah 2-14 multi(rog/wiz)/ Heidie 2-7multi(rgr/clr)/ Grindhaus 23 ftr/ Slashira 20 ftr/ Commandur 11 clr

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Thumbed_Servant View Post
    REGULAR HEROIC True Resurrections will NOT wipe out Epic Destiny levels earned in any destiny. It will continue to roll over any and ALL Epic Destiny experience earned in the past life/lives.

What the original poster (op) is talking about is the proposed and still in the works system of Epic True Resurrection. As so far posted, one would get to *pin* one capped epic destiny and keep all it's experience, and get ranks of exp from all the other epic desiny levels obtained but lose those other Epic Destiny levels (unless they too were in a capped and *pinned* destiny from a past Epic TR) AND receive an epic past life feat for going through an Epic True Resurrection.

So, let them know how you feel about the proposed Epic TR, but don't sweat any lose from the current Heroic TR system.

You need to read the original proposal again (relevant parts highlighted )

Quote Originally Posted by Glin View Post
    How does this system look in practice?

Heroic True Reincarnation

• Heroic TR remains primarily unchanged at level 20 or above
    • Grants a Class Past Life Feat that can stack up to 3x
    • Adds 2 build points up to a 36 point build
    • Benefits from the Epic Advantage if you earn Epic Destinies before TR (below)

Epic Advantage

With any type of True Reincarnation, all Epic Destiny Levels earned will give you an advantage when you rebuild your character, by converting Destiny Levels into Heroic Ranks. Every level of Epic Destiny you have earned will count toward ranks earned for your next life. (Epic Destinies will not carry over to your next life, except those destinies that you have bonded in previous lives with ED TR.)

reading comprehension fail on your part.

Actually they say that with any tr you'd lose the ed xp later in the post.

Quote Originally Posted by Katie_Seaglen View Post

Why can't they just work on bugs?
    "BINGO! Tell the lucky lady what she's won Johnny!!" You are 100% correct Katie and I really wanted to include this to my response to Glin but I was literally getting too angry by that point and needed to quit typing lest the rant devolve any further.
    Abamf|Skwat|Baucas Thelanis

Founder

no, this does not alleviate any worry.

given Turbine's history, once they announce a "proposed" change, it pretty much goes live that way. the original poster and many others, have every right to be very concerned with such a game changing modification.

I am very thankful that I held off buying the new expansion and unless we get some very solid confirmation that the "proposed" changes will not take place, I will not be buying the expansion and this may be the final straw that pushes me to cancel the VIP subscription I have had since day 1.

and if I had already purchased the expansion, I would be right alongside the OP in asking if there was a way to get a refund until this all gets sorted out.

I just recently started leveling up my epic destinies on two characters. have about 14 levels now in one of them and just started on the other. well, they will either just go into storage or I will plan on never doing another TR with them if the new system does go live as currently outlined. I don't have the time to regain that much ED XP

Quote Originally Posted by kendo View Post
    I am very thankful that I held off buying the new expansion
    Really there isn't much of a reason to pre-order the expansion until practically the last moment. It wasn't like MotU where you gained some pretty nice benefits.
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    Toy Soldiers

Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    ...I like many others am really disappointed in the decision that all the epic destiny previously earned will disappear upon a true reincarnation except for one destiny....
    That's what they're discussing, not what they're doing.

Though to inure yourself from future disappointment maybe just cancel your account and walk away now?

Quote Originally Posted by MartinusWyllt View Post
    That's what they're discussing, not what they're doing.

Though to inure yourself from future disappointment maybe just cancel your account and walk away now?
    Exactly.
    Magical Rings are well... magical. - Gandalf

MaddMAtt, as per Glin's post, they are in the planning stage.If you like many others feel strongly about this, then post on the 2 threads staff posted.OUR collective voice counts. and if we shout loud enough, they will act accordingly.Turbine knows the corner they are in, and the recent activity here and on Lamma-Land are proof they are listening, and acting on our feedback & surveys.Hang in there man, let's see what they post next week or so, then if it sucks, I & many others will joing you (OMG) ')

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    "I like pie. Pie is delicious." "You know, cake is better", and a sudden nerf gun war breaks out because Pie is supreme. Then someone says, "What about dinner?"

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast