Community Member

Default Pale ,aster and Lavender Ioun stone

I tr into a Pale Master and have an upgraded Pale Lavender Ioun stone. Every time I turn on any self healing each time it ticks off a heal the stone loses charges. Is this a bug or is that normal that my own spells cause it to lose charges?

Community Member

Not sure if it's wai, but it happens on my silver flame talisman too. Each tick on death aura removes a charge from the talisman. I was using it out of form and forgot to swap it out when i went into form, when i went to swap it out it was down to 0 charges.

Community Member

Sounds like a bug imo. Does Neg Energy Burst also get absorbed by the trinket? Also have you checked to see if Harm and Inflict Wounds when cast on you by a divine get absorbed too?

Quote Originally Posted by rprust1 View Post
    I tr into a Pale Master and have an upgraded Pale Lavender Ioun stone. Every time I turn on any self healing each time it ticks off a heal the stone loses charges. Is this a bug or is that normal that my own spells cause it to lose charges?
    It's technically a harmful spell that you cast on yourself, so I could understand that spell absorption absorbs it. I think this was fixed at some point, but I guess it has returned? Or has it always been absorbed?

Community Member

thought in 5 years you could have seen it before

aura (only yours, the best part) drains charges/lvls of every "negative energy absorption item" you're wearing

translation: fighting behos don't use death aura, whatever you're using to keep you alive only will be drained faster(and once all charges are faded, mr beho will dispel you aura with antimagic cone)

also, isn't good idea using mantle as a xp item(only if you keep it at 0 charges, shrine and put aura on, that will drain it to 0 again)

It's an old bug. I used to have a Monk with the Vampiric Stonedust Handwraps and an upgraded Pale Lavender Ioun Stone, and even that would drain charges instead of healing me when attacking with them.

I'm surprised it's still not been fixed yet.

Ah, what am I saying? Of course I'm not surprised.
    If your "Known Issues" list needs a freaking scroll bar, then one of you needs to go.

Pale 's death aura breaks down charges for spell absorbtion...

It is not WAI, but; has never been fixed.

Shiradi's tea also takes off a spell absorb charge...

So you must take off ur spell abs before popping a tea... or you won't get pleasure of the queen.

This is a Bug that has been with us for as long as Wizards have been able to use negative energy to heal themselves.

I know I've reported it myself.

Rules that I've come to live by as a PM

1. Any spell absorption item is not to be worn if during times when my HP could be in jeopardy requiring some negative energy love
    2. The Voice + Cloak conversion to an augment to be placed on a different Item without spell absorption a total plus in my book
    3. See Rule #1