Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 30
  1. #1
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    14

    Default The Melee Wizard

    I have searched the forum about a build like this and what I have found was the opposite of what I was looking for. People have done the 12 Monk and 8 Wizard and I thought that the better option was an undead fighting monk. With the incorporeal, blur, and displacement, and deflect arrows going it is hard to hit. So the following is what I have done and so far has been fun and can hold his own. This is the way I did it and I used the iconic blade forged cause I wanted to try it at higher levels.

    Melee Wizard

    Class: Wizard 12, Monk 7, Paladin 1
    Race: Blade Forged (Iconic)
    Lawful Good


    Base Stats: 32 Point Build

    Strength: 16 to 18
    Dexterity: 13
    Constitution: 14
    Intelligence: 12
    Wisdom: 6
    Charisma: 8

    Note:
    +2 Tome of Dexterity needed at level 7

    Note for Skills: Concentration must be maxed out!!!!

    Level 1 – Paladin
    Feat: Toughness

    Level 2 – Wizard
    Wizard Class Feat: Mental Toughness

    Level 3 – Wizard
    Feat: Power Attack

    Level 4 – Wizard
    Ability Increase: Strength

    Level 5 – Wizard

    Level 6 – Wizard
    Wizard Class Feat: Spell Focus Necromancy
    Feat: Greater Spell Focus: Necromancy

    Level 7 – Wizard

    Level 8 – Wizard
    Ability Increase: Strength

    Level 9 – Wizard
    Feat: Weapon Focus Bludgeoning

    Level 10 – Wizard

    Level 11 – Wizard
    Wizard class Feat: Improved Mental Toughness

    Level 12 – Wizard
    Ability Increase: Strength
    Feat: Extend Spell

    Level 13 – Wizard

    Level 14 – Monk
    Monk Class Feat: Stunning Fist

    Level 15 – Monk
    Monk Class Feat: Dodge
    Feat: Two Weapon Fighting

    Level 16 – Monk
    Ability Increase: Strength
    Path of Inevitable Darkness: Fists of Darkness

    Level 17 – Monk

    Level 18 – Monk
    Feat: Improved Critical: Bludgeoning

    Level 19 – Monk
    Monk Class Feat: Deflect Arrows

    Level 20 – Monk
    Ability Increase: Strength

    Enhancements:

    ** Note - I used the flame manipulation just for a firewall to fight in so it will be your choice. Just remember the offensive spell will be poor as you are melee. Just will be used for a little extra damage.

    Static Charge
    Way of the Patient Tortoise I
    Way of the Patient Tortoise II
    Way of the Patient Tortoise III
    Ninja Spy I
    Adept of Flame
    Paladin Focus of Good I
    Racial Toughness I
    Racial Toughness II
    Improved Concentration I
    Improved Concentration II
    Improved Concentration III
    Combustive Spellcasting I
    Combustive Spellcasting II
    Wizard Energy of the Scholar I
    Wizard Energy of the Scholar II
    Wizard Energy of the Scholar III
    Flame Manipulation I
    Flame Manipulation II
    Flame Manipulation III
    Flame Manipulation IV
    Flame Manipulation V
    Flame Manipulation VI
    Wizard Intelligence I
    Wizard Intelligence II
    Monk Wisdom I
    Monk Wisdom II
    Paladin Toughness I
    Warforged Inscribed Armor I
    Warforged Power Attack I
    Warforged Power Attack II
    Warforged Power Attack III
    Warforged Tactics I
    Warforged Tactics II
    Warforged Tactics III
    Pale Master I
    Pale Master II
    Shroud of the Vampire
    Shroud of the Wraith
    (Points left over your choice, I did Summon skele’s)

    Spells I took:

    Level 1
    Detect Secret Doors
    Grease
    Jump
    Nightshield
    Shield

    Level 2
    Blur
    Invisibility
    Knock
    Resist Energy
    Touch of Idiocy

    Level 3
    Dispel Magic
    Displacement
    Haste
    Magic Circle Against Evil
    Rage

    Level 4
    Death Aura
    Dimension Door
    Negative Energy Burst
    Firewall

    Level 5
    Dismissal
    Mind Fog
    Protection from Elements
    Teleport

    Level 6
    Create Undead
    Greater Heroism
    Tenser’s Transformation
    True Seeing
    Spikefist (Monk 25), Browncloak (Wizard 23), Sneecky (2 Monk/ 18 Rogue/ 5 Epic), Dawonder (8 Fighter/ 12 Barbarian, 2 Epic), Deadfu (1 Paladin/ 12 Wizard/ 7 Monk/ 3 Epic)

    Thelanis Server

  2. #2
    Community Member Soulfurnace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The Land of Oz
    Posts
    1,534

    Default

    I'd just like to interject, if I may. (And yes, I may. :3)
    Deflect arrows, last time I tried it, was pretty much broken. You'd be better off with something like mobility imo. If it's fixed, feel free to ignore that.
    Aside from that, I'd be tempted to go 6 monk, 12 wizard, 2 paladin, just for the saves bonus. 7 monk doesn't give that much to an undead if you ask me, and I'll never turn down saves.

  3. #3
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soulfurnace View Post
    I'd just like to interject, if I may. (And yes, I may. :3)
    Deflect arrows, last time I tried it, was pretty much broken. You'd be better off with something like mobility imo. If it's fixed, feel free to ignore that.
    Aside from that, I'd be tempted to go 6 monk, 12 wizard, 2 paladin, just for the saves bonus. 7 monk doesn't give that much to an undead if you ask me, and I'll never turn down saves.
    Well it seems that they did fix deflect arrows i see "Deflected" quite often. And second what extra saves from Paladin, if u mean divine grace well charisma is a dump stat no need at all for wiz or monk. but the reason for pally in this build was to start at high lvl so used new iconic but seems a good choice so far.
    Spikefist (Monk 25), Browncloak (Wizard 23), Sneecky (2 Monk/ 18 Rogue/ 5 Epic), Dawonder (8 Fighter/ 12 Barbarian, 2 Epic), Deadfu (1 Paladin/ 12 Wizard/ 7 Monk/ 3 Epic)

    Thelanis Server

  4. #4
    Community Member Soulfurnace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The Land of Oz
    Posts
    1,534

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by turboluver View Post
    Well it seems that they did fix deflect arrows i see "Deflected" quite often. And second what extra saves from Paladin, if u mean divine grace well charisma is a dump stat no need at all for wiz or monk. but the reason for pally in this build was to start at high lvl so used new iconic but seems a good choice so far.
    I know, however, I don't see what 7 monk gives you. Even if charisma is a dump stat, +2 tome and +8 item, there's 4 saves (assuming you start at 8), which is hardly a negative. Just my thoughts, aside from that it looks fun.

  5. #5
    Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    12,777

    Default

    Why did you gimp your DPS by not taking ITWF & GTWF? Why go PM on a BF when you get Incorporeality from Shadow Fade and vamp form is a trap? Why WF:B and IMT? And I concur with Soulfurnace: even with mediocre CHA, Divine Grace is more useful than monk 7 to this build, since heal amp + Wholeness of Body are irrelevant.
    Last edited by unbongwah; 06-14-2013 at 08:59 AM.

  6. #6
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    Why did you gimp your DPS by not taking ITWF & GTWF? Why go PM on a BF when you get Incorporeality from Shadow Fade and vamp form is a trap? Why WF:B and IMT? And I concur with Soulfurnace: even with mediocre CHA, Divine Grace is more useful than monk 7 to this build, since heal amp + Wholeness of Body are irrelevant.
    Well the more monk the more DPS for die damage. Plus being undead gives more immunities then shadow fade. And from what i have seen shadow fade last a minute here wraith form is always. The vampire form is because it is bugged at the moment. And not all quests will you use the wraith form so going in as regular to repair and use wholeness of body is a must. But between the warforged traits and the undead traits you are much better off. Just stating what I have noticed playing the toon where I had another and didnt do so good.
    Spikefist (Monk 25), Browncloak (Wizard 23), Sneecky (2 Monk/ 18 Rogue/ 5 Epic), Dawonder (8 Fighter/ 12 Barbarian, 2 Epic), Deadfu (1 Paladin/ 12 Wizard/ 7 Monk/ 3 Epic)

    Thelanis Server

  7. #7
    Community Member DrNuegebauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by turboluver View Post
    Well the more monk the more DPS for die damage. Plus being undead gives more immunities then shadow fade. And from what i have seen shadow fade last a minute here wraith form is always. The vampire form is because it is bugged at the moment. And not all quests will you use the wraith form so going in as regular to repair and use wholeness of body is a must. But between the warforged traits and the undead traits you are much better off. Just stating what I have noticed playing the toon where I had another and didnt do so good.
    Please educate me! How much more die damage does 7 monk give over 6 monk?
    [it's 0]

    If you're taking 1 pally level, then the second Pally level >>>> 7 monk.

  8. #8
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DrNuegebauer View Post
    Please educate me! How much more die damage does 7 monk give over 6 monk?
    [it's 0]

    If you're taking 1 pally level, then the second Pally level >>>> 7 monk.
    2 pally would probably work. But i rather put points in strength then charisma for the saves. My personal opinion. U need charisma for the saves where points in intelligence and strength would be more beneficial in my opinion.
    Spikefist (Monk 25), Browncloak (Wizard 23), Sneecky (2 Monk/ 18 Rogue/ 5 Epic), Dawonder (8 Fighter/ 12 Barbarian, 2 Epic), Deadfu (1 Paladin/ 12 Wizard/ 7 Monk/ 3 Epic)

    Thelanis Server

  9. #9
    Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    12,777

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by turboluver View Post
    Well the more monk the more DPS for die damage.
    Except you don't go up another die going monk 6 -> 7; you have to take at monk 8 before your next increase. And that still doesn't explain why you gave up +40% offhand proc by not having ITWF & GTWF. I know Bladeforged take -2 DEX, but it's still pretty important...
    And not all quests will you use the wraith form so going in as regular to repair and use wholeness of body is a must.
    You're WF; why are you not just using Repair / Reconstruct? WoB is only for out-of-combat heals.

  10. #10
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    South Island, NZ
    Posts
    814

    Default

    I agree pretty much with what most others are saying, quickened reconstruct is superior to Undead Healing by a country mile.

    If you really want a melee wizard you could try 12 Wiz,6fighter,2 pally, built as a sword and board/THF build dependent on the situation and gear, I had one close to this and it was tough to kill, in the right destiny you can hit 110 AC and100PRR etc which makes it pretty hardy.
    Toons:
    Smallmans Syndrome, Rovac, Dragnipur, Prettyhater Machine, Lubed, Castinfist
    Emmpeethree, Hyperkill Hyperthrill and Greyvegas (All on Khyber)

  11. #11
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    702

    Default

    Also consider to take Spell Focus Enchantment and GSF Enchantment instead of Necromancy for all the Hold Person / Hold Monster spells and the additional 50% melee damage to helpless enemies. As Warforged I'd take Archmage rather than Pale Master for the extra 100 Spellpoints, because of the heavy use of repair spells.

  12. #12
    Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    12,777

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lanhelin View Post
    Also consider to take Spell Focus Enchantment and GSF Enchantment instead of Necromancy for all the Hold Person / Hold Monster spells and the additional 50% melee damage to helpless enemies.
    On a heavily-MCed STR-based melee wiz, though? Pretty sure OP's DCs & Spell Pen will be way too low for Enchantment spells to do any good.

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by turboluver View Post
    2 pally would probably work. But i rather put points in strength then charisma for the saves. My personal opinion. U need charisma for the saves where points in intelligence and strength would be more beneficial in my opinion.
    how exactly does taking 2 paly exclude you from putting more points into Strength?

    Every excuse you have come up with for not taking that 2nd paly level is misconception or just plain wrong.

    You do not need a lot of charisma to make divine grace worthwhile.

    Wholeness of body on a Warforged arcane build is useless. This is not an opinion. It is fact.

    Monk Gains nothing else going from 6 to 7. No extra damage. No Dodge. No AC.

    Divine grace with no effort at all can give you +3 to all saves and use 0 slots or items.

    with some careful planning it can get you +8 or more. This increase in saves makes Evasion worth wile in a LOT of situations it would of been useless in.
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

    Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

  14. #14
    Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    12,777

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Impaqt View Post
    Monk Gains nothing else going from 6 to 7. No extra damage. No Dodge. No AC.
    Well, you do gain +10% heal amp if you want...though again we're back to "useless to WF and PM."

  15. #15
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    London, Great Britain
    Posts
    169

    Default

    Just going to make a few points but before I do would like to say that practice makes perfect and forums are here to help so don't be dissuaded if people appear critical or let it put you off posting again in future.

    STATS
    * If you are going to have to make Concentration checks then you should really aim for more Constitution. With a 32 point build you should be looking at 18 Constitution or even 20 Con.

    CLASSES
    * Since you dumped Charisma there is some logic in why you didn't take Paladin(2). Without high Reflex you can probably forget about Evasion anyway. I would point out that you would have gained an extra feat from Fighter(1) or an upgrade to your unarmed damage with one extra level of Monk. Dropping Paladin would also allow you to free up your Alignment.

    FEATS
    * You don't need Greater Spell Focus: Necromancy until 12th level so you could swap it round with Extend Spell and get more value out of your spells earlier on.
    * Just Two Weapon Fighting on it's own? You won't proc many offhand attacks
    * Improved Mental Toughness. Is 60 ish SP really worth a feat?
    * Lack of Cleave & Great Cleave is going to really hurt your combat potential

    So if you went Fighter(1) instead of Paladin(1) and dropped Improved Mental Toughness you could pick Improved Two Weapon Fighting and Greater Two Weapon Fighting or Cleave and Great Cleave.

    SPELLS
    * You missed Lesser Death Aura at level 2
    * Knock probably won't be reliable without a high Intelligence modifier. Swap for Owl's Wisdom and get more Will & AC
    * Touch of Idiocy? Ironic but useless, swap for Cat's Grace or False Life
    * Invisibility. Lesser/Death Aura is going to blow your invis so maybe swap for something else
    * you missed Stoneskin at level 4
    * You missed Reconstruct at level 6!
    * Create Undead at level 6? They are only CR12 summons, swap it for Reconstruct or Globe of Invulnerability

    I did a 28 point build for a Barbarian type fighting Pale master. Put the extra +4 points for a 32 point build into Intelligence. Unlike a normal Barbarian you have a lot of concealment for defense which is what I think you were aiming for with your Warforged/Wraith. I put Quicken Spell in this so no worries about Concentration checks. Developed Repair spellpower rather than anything else to give you the option to play normally without the shroud. Skill points went into Jump, Repair and Balance.

    Code:
    Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 03.16.01
    DDO Character Planner Home Page
    
    Warforged Necrobarb
    Level 20 True Neutral Warforged Male
    (2 Fighter \ 6 Barbarian \ 12 Wizard) 
    Hit Points: 342
    Spell Points: 721 
    BAB: 14\14\19\24
    Fortitude: 18
    Reflex: 5
    Will: 8
    
                      Starting          Feat/Enhancement
    Abilities        Base Stats          Modified Stats
    (28 Point)       (Level 1)             (Level 20)
    Strength             18                    24
    Dexterity             8                     8
    Constitution         18                    22
    Intelligence         10                    12
    Wisdom                6                     6
    Charisma              6                     6
    
    Level 1 (Wizard)
    Feat: (Selected) Power Attack
    Feat: (Wizard Bonus) Quicken Spell
    Spell (1): Shield
    Spell (1): Repair Light Damage
    Spell (1): Expeditious Retreat
    Enhancement: Repair Manipulation I
    Enhancement: Wizard Energy of the Scholar I
    
    
    Level 2 (Wizard)
    Spell (1): Nightshield
    Spell (1): Detect Secret Doors
    Enhancement: Wizard Improved Quickening I
    Enhancement: Reconstructive Spellcasting I
    Enhancement: Wizard Intelligence I
    Enhancement: Warforged Inscribed Armor I
    
    
    Level 3 (Fighter)
    Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Cleave
    Feat: (Selected) Toughness
    Enhancement: Racial Toughness I
    Enhancement: Fighter Toughness I
    Enhancement: Warforged Constitution I
    
    
    Level 4 (Barbarian)
    Ability Raise: STR
    Enhancement: Barbarian Damage Boost I
    Enhancement: Fighter Haste Boost I
    Enhancement: Barbarian Power Attack I
    Enhancement: Warforged Power Attack I
    
    
    Level 5 (Fighter)
    Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Great Cleave
    Enhancement: Fighter Strength I
    
    
    Level 6 (Barbarian)
    Feat: (Selected) Two Handed Fighting
    Enhancement: Barbarian Extend Rage I
    Enhancement: Barbarian Extra Rage I
    Enhancement: Racial Toughness II
    Enhancement: Barbarian Constitution I
    
    
    Level 7 (Wizard)
    Spell (2): Lesser Death Aura
    Spell (2): Resist Energy
    Enhancement: Mighty Reconstruction I
    Enhancement: Repair Manipulation II
    
    
    Level 8 (Wizard)
    Ability Raise: STR
    Spell (2): Blur
    Spell (2): Fox's Cunning
    Enhancement: Warforged Constitution II
    
    
    Level 9 (Wizard)
    Feat: (Selected) Improved Two Handed Fighting
    Feat: (Wizard Bonus) Spell Focus: Necromancy
    Spell (3): Displacement
    Spell (3): Haste
    Enhancement: Wizard Energy of the Scholar II
    Enhancement: Warforged Great Weapon Aptitude I
    Enhancement: Warforged Great Weapon Aptitude II
    
    
    Level 10 (Wizard)
    Spell (3): Rage
    Spell (3): Repair Serious Damage
    Enhancement: Wizard Pale Master I
    Enhancement: Shroud of the Zombie
    
    
    Level 11 (Wizard)
    Spell (4): Death Aura
    Spell (4): Negative Energy Burst
    Enhancement: Repair Manipulation III
    Enhancement: Repair Manipulation IV
    Enhancement: Warforged Power Attack II
    
    
    Level 12 (Wizard)
    Ability Raise: STR
    Feat: (Selected) Greater Spell Focus: Necromancy
    Spell (4): Stoneskin
    Spell (4): Fire Shield
    Enhancement: Wizard Intelligence II
    
    
    Level 13 (Wizard)
    Spell (5): Protection From Elements
    Spell (5): Cloudkill
    Enhancement: Repair Manipulation V
    
    
    Level 14 (Wizard)
    Feat: (Wizard Bonus) Mental Toughness
    Spell (5): Break Enchantment
    Spell (5): Teleport
    Enhancement: Wizard Improved Quickening II
    Enhancement: Warforged Power Attack III
    
    
    Level 15 (Wizard)
    Feat: (Selected) Extend Spell
    Spell (6): Greater Heroism
    Spell (6): Tenser's Transformation
    Enhancement: Repair Manipulation VI
    
    
    Level 16 (Wizard)
    Ability Raise: STR
    Spell (6): Reconstruct
    Spell (6): Globe of Invulnerability
    Enhancement: Wizard Pale Master II
    Enhancement: Shroud of the Wraith
    
    
    Level 17 (Barbarian)
    Enhancement: Barbarian Power Rage I
    
    
    Level 18 (Barbarian)
    Feat: (Selected) Greater Two Handed Fighting
    Enhancement: Barbarian Damage Boost II
    Enhancement: Warforged Great Weapon Aptitude III
    
    
    Level 19 (Barbarian)
    Enhancement: Barbarian Power Attack II
    
    
    Level 20 (Barbarian)
    Ability Raise: STR
    Enhancement: Barbarian Extra Rage II
    Enhancement: Barbarian Power Rage II
    Enhancement: Barbarian Frenzied Berserker I
    Enhancement: Barbarian Constitution II
    Cloudkill gives you an extra 20% Concealment and lots of other nice stuff, I thought this would be better than Firewall for your AoE. Should be around +50 damage per hit with a 2-handed weapon. Spellpoints should be around 1000 with added INT and SP items thrown in.

  16. #16
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CoasterHops View Post
    I agree pretty much with what most others are saying, quickened reconstruct is superior to Undead Healing by a country mile.

    If you really want a melee wizard you could try 12 Wiz,6fighter,2 pally, built as a sword and board/THF build dependent on the situation and gear, I had one close to this and it was tough to kill, in the right destiny you can hit 110 AC and100PRR etc which makes it pretty hardy.
    Well first reconstruct is better in some situations but having only a limited spell points because only 12 wiz limits that and second with the undead form, blur, displacement and deflect arrows u dont need to reconstruct the death aura is plenty. As I play it I do not get hit often enough to justify staying out of undead form to use the reconstruct. And i am in Draconic Epic Destiny which is for when I get surrounded the Energy Burst is quite useful and does a great job and the extra sell points. The energy burst does 1500+ damage for 20 spell points and when I get to energy vortex will be even added damage out put. And the monk is for evasion also.
    Last edited by turboluver; 06-17-2013 at 10:10 AM.
    Spikefist (Monk 25), Browncloak (Wizard 23), Sneecky (2 Monk/ 18 Rogue/ 5 Epic), Dawonder (8 Fighter/ 12 Barbarian, 2 Epic), Deadfu (1 Paladin/ 12 Wizard/ 7 Monk/ 3 Epic)

    Thelanis Server

  17. #17
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aolas View Post
    Just going to make a few points but before I do would like to say that practice makes perfect and forums are here to help so don't be dissuaded if people appear critical or let it put you off posting again in future.

    STATS
    * If you are going to have to make Concentration checks then you should really aim for more Constitution. With a 32 point build you should be looking at 18 Constitution or even 20 Con.

    CLASSES
    * Since you dumped Charisma there is some logic in why you didn't take Paladin(2). Without high Reflex you can probably forget about Evasion anyway. I would point out that you would have gained an extra feat from Fighter(1) or an upgrade to your unarmed damage with one extra level of Monk. Dropping Paladin would also allow you to free up your Alignment.

    FEATS
    * You don't need Greater Spell Focus: Necromancy until 12th level so you could swap it round with Extend Spell and get more value out of your spells earlier on.
    * Just Two Weapon Fighting on it's own? You won't proc many offhand attacks
    * Improved Mental Toughness. Is 60 ish SP really worth a feat?
    * Lack of Cleave & Great Cleave is going to really hurt your combat potential

    So if you went Fighter(1) instead of Paladin(1) and dropped Improved Mental Toughness you could pick Improved Two Weapon Fighting and Greater Two Weapon Fighting or Cleave and Great Cleave.

    SPELLS
    * You missed Lesser Death Aura at level 2
    * Knock probably won't be reliable without a high Intelligence modifier. Swap for Owl's Wisdom and get more Will & AC
    * Touch of Idiocy? Ironic but useless, swap for Cat's Grace or False Life
    * Invisibility. Lesser/Death Aura is going to blow your invis so maybe swap for something else
    * you missed Stoneskin at level 4
    * You missed Reconstruct at level 6!
    * Create Undead at level 6? They are only CR12 summons, swap it for Reconstruct or Globe of Invulnerability

    I did a 28 point build for a Barbarian type fighting Pale master. Put the extra +4 points for a 32 point build into Intelligence. Unlike a normal Barbarian you have a lot of concealment for defense which is what I think you were aiming for with your Warforged/Wraith. I put Quicken Spell in this so no worries about Concentration checks. Developed Repair spellpower rather than anything else to give you the option to play normally without the shroud. Skill points went into Jump, Repair and Balance.

    Code:
    Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 03.16.01
    DDO Character Planner Home Page
    
    Warforged Necrobarb
    Level 20 True Neutral Warforged Male
    (2 Fighter \ 6 Barbarian \ 12 Wizard) 
    Hit Points: 342
    Spell Points: 721 
    BAB: 14\14\19\24
    Fortitude: 18
    Reflex: 5
    Will: 8
    
                      Starting          Feat/Enhancement
    Abilities        Base Stats          Modified Stats
    (28 Point)       (Level 1)             (Level 20)
    Strength             18                    24
    Dexterity             8                     8
    Constitution         18                    22
    Intelligence         10                    12
    Wisdom                6                     6
    Charisma              6                     6
    
    Level 1 (Wizard)
    Feat: (Selected) Power Attack
    Feat: (Wizard Bonus) Quicken Spell
    Spell (1): Shield
    Spell (1): Repair Light Damage
    Spell (1): Expeditious Retreat
    Enhancement: Repair Manipulation I
    Enhancement: Wizard Energy of the Scholar I
    
    
    Level 2 (Wizard)
    Spell (1): Nightshield
    Spell (1): Detect Secret Doors
    Enhancement: Wizard Improved Quickening I
    Enhancement: Reconstructive Spellcasting I
    Enhancement: Wizard Intelligence I
    Enhancement: Warforged Inscribed Armor I
    
    
    Level 3 (Fighter)
    Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Cleave
    Feat: (Selected) Toughness
    Enhancement: Racial Toughness I
    Enhancement: Fighter Toughness I
    Enhancement: Warforged Constitution I
    
    
    Level 4 (Barbarian)
    Ability Raise: STR
    Enhancement: Barbarian Damage Boost I
    Enhancement: Fighter Haste Boost I
    Enhancement: Barbarian Power Attack I
    Enhancement: Warforged Power Attack I
    
    
    Level 5 (Fighter)
    Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Great Cleave
    Enhancement: Fighter Strength I
    
    
    Level 6 (Barbarian)
    Feat: (Selected) Two Handed Fighting
    Enhancement: Barbarian Extend Rage I
    Enhancement: Barbarian Extra Rage I
    Enhancement: Racial Toughness II
    Enhancement: Barbarian Constitution I
    
    
    Level 7 (Wizard)
    Spell (2): Lesser Death Aura
    Spell (2): Resist Energy
    Enhancement: Mighty Reconstruction I
    Enhancement: Repair Manipulation II
    
    
    Level 8 (Wizard)
    Ability Raise: STR
    Spell (2): Blur
    Spell (2): Fox's Cunning
    Enhancement: Warforged Constitution II
    
    
    Level 9 (Wizard)
    Feat: (Selected) Improved Two Handed Fighting
    Feat: (Wizard Bonus) Spell Focus: Necromancy
    Spell (3): Displacement
    Spell (3): Haste
    Enhancement: Wizard Energy of the Scholar II
    Enhancement: Warforged Great Weapon Aptitude I
    Enhancement: Warforged Great Weapon Aptitude II
    
    
    Level 10 (Wizard)
    Spell (3): Rage
    Spell (3): Repair Serious Damage
    Enhancement: Wizard Pale Master I
    Enhancement: Shroud of the Zombie
    
    
    Level 11 (Wizard)
    Spell (4): Death Aura
    Spell (4): Negative Energy Burst
    Enhancement: Repair Manipulation III
    Enhancement: Repair Manipulation IV
    Enhancement: Warforged Power Attack II
    
    
    Level 12 (Wizard)
    Ability Raise: STR
    Feat: (Selected) Greater Spell Focus: Necromancy
    Spell (4): Stoneskin
    Spell (4): Fire Shield
    Enhancement: Wizard Intelligence II
    
    
    Level 13 (Wizard)
    Spell (5): Protection From Elements
    Spell (5): Cloudkill
    Enhancement: Repair Manipulation V
    
    
    Level 14 (Wizard)
    Feat: (Wizard Bonus) Mental Toughness
    Spell (5): Break Enchantment
    Spell (5): Teleport
    Enhancement: Wizard Improved Quickening II
    Enhancement: Warforged Power Attack III
    
    
    Level 15 (Wizard)
    Feat: (Selected) Extend Spell
    Spell (6): Greater Heroism
    Spell (6): Tenser's Transformation
    Enhancement: Repair Manipulation VI
    
    
    Level 16 (Wizard)
    Ability Raise: STR
    Spell (6): Reconstruct
    Spell (6): Globe of Invulnerability
    Enhancement: Wizard Pale Master II
    Enhancement: Shroud of the Wraith
    
    
    Level 17 (Barbarian)
    Enhancement: Barbarian Power Rage I
    
    
    Level 18 (Barbarian)
    Feat: (Selected) Greater Two Handed Fighting
    Enhancement: Barbarian Damage Boost II
    Enhancement: Warforged Great Weapon Aptitude III
    
    
    Level 19 (Barbarian)
    Enhancement: Barbarian Power Attack II
    
    
    Level 20 (Barbarian)
    Ability Raise: STR
    Enhancement: Barbarian Extra Rage II
    Enhancement: Barbarian Power Rage II
    Enhancement: Barbarian Frenzied Berserker I
    Enhancement: Barbarian Constitution II
    Cloudkill gives you an extra 20% Concealment and lots of other nice stuff, I thought this would be better than Firewall for your AoE. Should be around +50 damage per hit with a 2-handed weapon. Spellpoints should be around 1000 with added INT and SP items thrown in.
    Well I am sorry to inform you about Quicken Spell I have it on my cleric and i get interrupted quite often when using quicken. As far as i can see your concentration is still a factor. So dont expect quicken to go every time. My build so far has never been interrupted with a 63 concentration.

    And yes cloudkill or solid fog would be better for concealment but that firewall is just a something i like thats all I had cloudkill for a while, But because of equipment I have I went with firewall.

    Also I went with the Pally because it was the Iconic class because I wanted to start at a higher level, so thats the reason for 1 ally other wise I woud have done a straight 12 wizard and 8 monk.

    Concerning spells: 1 you dont need lesser death aura for 2 reasons: 1 if u start at level 15 then u can get death aura and 2 if u build it from level one then u dont want to use the forms until level 12 anyway because f the 20% less attack speed for zombie form. And also it is a wizard you can inscribe scrolls so yes i do have stone skin but really dont use it because of all the other defense I find i really dont need it.
    Last edited by turboluver; 06-17-2013 at 10:15 AM.
    Spikefist (Monk 25), Browncloak (Wizard 23), Sneecky (2 Monk/ 18 Rogue/ 5 Epic), Dawonder (8 Fighter/ 12 Barbarian, 2 Epic), Deadfu (1 Paladin/ 12 Wizard/ 7 Monk/ 3 Epic)

    Thelanis Server

  18. #18
    Community Member Phidius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,592

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by turboluver View Post
    Well I am sorry to inform you about Quicken Spell I have it on my cleric and i get interrupted quite often when using quicken. As far as i can see your concentration is still a factor. So dont expect quicken to go every time. My build so far has never been interrupted with a 63 concentration.
    ...
    The only times I've had a spell interrupted when I have Quicken on is when I walk over a bump in the landscape, in which case Concentration wouldn't help either. Is it possible that you're getting interrupted when using a scroll instead?
    "I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities" - Vaarsuvius, OoTS #674

  19. #19
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phidius View Post
    The only times I've had a spell interrupted when I have Quicken on is when I walk over a bump in the landscape, in which case Concentration wouldn't help either. Is it possible that you're getting interrupted when using a scroll instead?
    Nope i dont use scrolls on my cleric i use the quickened mass heal and quickened heal. So i know for a fact that quicken does not work like it should because i also see the die roll for concentration.
    Spikefist (Monk 25), Browncloak (Wizard 23), Sneecky (2 Monk/ 18 Rogue/ 5 Epic), Dawonder (8 Fighter/ 12 Barbarian, 2 Epic), Deadfu (1 Paladin/ 12 Wizard/ 7 Monk/ 3 Epic)

    Thelanis Server

  20. #20
    Community Member AtomicMew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,709

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by turboluver View Post
    Nope i dont use scrolls on my cleric i use the quickened mass heal and quickened heal. So i know for a fact that quicken does not work like it should because i also see the die roll for concentration.
    OP, there's so much wrong with everything you're saying. You're basically trying to reinvent the wheel, not very successfully. Don't always assume that you're right when you haven't even played end game yet, listen to what others are saying because there's a lot you can learn from this thread if you want to improve and become a better player.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload