Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your stuningfist will be too small for endgame content, i still see saves on certain mobs with a 63dc (usually orange names though in EE) with your dumped wisdom i dont see you stunning anything meaningful, thats fine if your not going to run EE though it might still work in EH and maybe while leveling, a monk with no wisdom is handicapped for that reason alone, if you cant stun properly then you might aswell be using weapons and going fighter instead of monk so your dps isent bad..

if your set on being a kungfoo-caster, human cleric/monk will be a better by a long way - you might not have displacement/incorpreal but your healing is so superior it never matters, your aura can be amped to tick at 150 non-crit bursts heal your whole bar before even dipping into sp, divine power and favor make up for no tensers, and your stun dc will be in the clouds and you can heal your mates.

I get that you wanna play the iconic you just braught though just throwing them ideas to you for a experience deeper than cosmetics wich basically what that levitating cool-looking robot build is
    Completionist clonk on argonnessen.

Community Member

I have a HOrc wraith fighter. 12/6/2 wiz/ftr/rog.
    The build gives
    56 sustainable str (burst to 62 with glove clickie)
    1008 hp with gear (primal +5, tensors, stalwart)
    1489 sp
    49 reflex save with evasion
    30 ppr
    displace + incorp + conceal (cloudkill)
    both auras for 30base up to 70 for crits and bursting for about 100hp
    Full UMD
    Search and disable skills

I use eAGA and first number damage (without boosts, blitz, adrenaline, etc, and self buffs only) range is 90 - 130 for full hp unheld mob. This is basically the lowest first number damage you will do that is a orange number. Most people give huge numbers which are very specific situataions. This is not.
    When a blitz is up you are hitting first number for 300-400 with crits over 2k.

I can solo all EH content without a healer and in wraith form at all times. Only time it gets slightly hairy is when you are dispelled or LOADs of searing light damage (better to go norm form).

He runs great with groups. For raids run in normal form and twist in US fort bonus when needed (wraith form you will have 200% fort). The evasion with +49 reflex is great for EH and since you aren't affected by dancing, you are immune to alot of spells.

I have alot of nice gear for this toon but only up to EH, so very attainable.

Its alot of fun leveling and endgame.

The monk version is very popular but you have lower dmg but faster attack rate.
    Flufty, Flufs, Fluffi, Fluffit

Quote Originally Posted by turboluver View Post
    Nope i dont use scrolls on my cleric i use the quickened mass heal and quickened heal. So i know for a fact that quicken does not work like it should because i also see the die roll for concentration.
    Then you're looking at one of 2 possibilities...

1. You think you have Quicken on, but you really don't (perhaps your hotbar for the spells have been toggled to not use Quicken?)
    2. Your client is bugged and you need to submit a bug report.

Don't misunderstand me - I'm not disagreeing with you over the importance of a high Concentration score, I just disagree with the way you reached your conclusion.

My absolutely favorite build is a 12 Wizard/6 Ranger/2 [evasion type], so I get where you're coming from.
    "I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities" - Vaarsuvius, OoTS #674

Community Member

if u start at level 15 then u can get death aura and 2 if u build it from level one then u dont want to use the forms until level 12
    Good point. You got some nice forum activity going on this thread which is pleasing as well.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    Except you don't go up another die going monk 6 -> 7; you have to take at monk 8 before your next increase. And that still doesn't explain why you gave up +40% offhand proc by not having ITWF & GTWF. I know Bladeforged take -2 DEX, but it's still pretty important...

You're WF; why are you not just using Repair / Reconstruct? WoB is only for out-of-combat heals.
    The reason why I dont use reconstruct except for a couple quests is because i do not need reconstruct with death aura. That keeps me full health because if being incorporeal, blurred, displaced. And the ITWF i didnt take because one is the build points going into strength and intelligence and I rely on stunning fist and the doublestrike works well.
    Spikefist (Monk 25), Browncloak (Wizard 23), Sneecky (2 Monk/ 18 Rogue/ 5 Epic), Dawonder (8 Fighter/ 12 Barbarian, 2 Epic), Deadfu (1 Paladin/ 12 Wizard/ 7 Monk/ 3 Epic)

Thelanis Server

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lanhelin View Post
    Also consider to take Spell Focus Enchantment and GSF Enchantment instead of Necromancy for all the Hold Person / Hold Monster spells and the additional 50% melee damage to helpless enemies. As Warforged I'd take Archmage rather than Pale Master for the extra 100 Spellpoints, because of the heavy use of repair spells.
    Cant take those instead because the Spell focuses for necromancy is mandatory for pale master and wraith form gives many immunities. In regular wizard you would get crushed and also your spell DC's will suck because only a caster lvl 12 wizard.I can really see epic monsters CR 30 get held on a caster level 12 wizard, would have to roll a 1 everytime to get held. Melee in wraith form is where it is at. Incorporeal, blurred, displaced, and deflect arrows work very well together (not to mention the immunities of the warforged and the undead traits). So death aura works just fine to keep me at full health with only a 35 proc each time. In a few quests where they do light damage i will no go into wraith mode and use reconstruct.
    Spikefist (Monk 25), Browncloak (Wizard 23), Sneecky (2 Monk/ 18 Rogue/ 5 Epic), Dawonder (8 Fighter/ 12 Barbarian, 2 Epic), Deadfu (1 Paladin/ 12 Wizard/ 7 Monk/ 3 Epic)

Thelanis Server

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicMew View Post
    OP, there's so much wrong with everything you're saying. You're basically trying to reinvent the wheel, not very successfully. Don't always assume that you're right when you haven't even played end game yet, listen to what others are saying because there's a lot you can learn from this thread if you want to improve and become a better player.
    Well just so you know I am playing end game when I do quests that many people say they cant do on hard but yet I go and do them with no problem I would say I know what I am talking about with this build because I am playing it. And I do listen to what others are saying I like feed back, but also so far none that has replied to my build has taken into account what warforged traits are and undead traits are to fully understand what the toon can and cannot do. They are thinking only of WF or undead they have not considered all you get when you are both. As for the guy saying that 2 Pally would be better which in some ways i do agree with him but because of undead form and WF traits I do not need the extra saves, I cant be held, I cant be made to dance...etc. I Think that some know about the classes but dont know what traits come with each. But i play the toon I see what it can do. And i am relating what happens in game of what people are saying.

Thelanis Server

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superhanns View Post
    Your stuningfist will be too small for endgame content, i still see saves on certain mobs with a 63dc (usually orange names though in EE) with your dumped wisdom i dont see you stunning anything meaningful, thats fine if your not going to run EE though it might still work in EH and maybe while leveling, a monk with no wisdom is handicapped for that reason alone, if you cant stun properly then you might aswell be using weapons and going fighter instead of monk so your dps isent bad..

if your set on being a kungfoo-caster, human cleric/monk will be a better by a long way - you might not have displacement/incorpreal but your healing is so superior it never matters, your aura can be amped to tick at 150 non-crit bursts heal your whole bar before even dipping into sp, divine power and favor make up for no tensers, and your stun dc will be in the clouds and you can heal your mates.

I get that you wanna play the iconic you just braught though just throwing them ideas to you for a experience deeper than cosmetics wich basically what that levitating cool-looking robot build is
    Well I do have one cleric but I do not play it that much because well for one when i am using quickened spell on heal spells and I get interrupted quite often it takes the fun out of it if it does not work right. And i have a stun dc of a 48 at the moment and using the grave wrapping i get most of my stuns off and I am doing EH quests and usually i am a lvl or 2 lower than the quest level. I am not saying this is the best build as is my first wiz/monk but when I only get hit once or twice out of 15 to 20 times I say it is pretty survivable toon and it is a decent build. Usually I dont find groups that are doing the EE that are decent so I usually stay with people I know so to avoid the headaches. But my next test is doing Epic Giant hold on EH which this build is Lvl 23. So we will see how it works. And my stun goes off quite often in the E GH slayer area coupled with the gravewrapping geg lvling them.

Thelanis Server

Well just so you know I am playing end game when I do quests that many people say they cant do on hard but yet I go and do them with no problem I would say I know what I am talking about with this build because I am playing it. And I do listen to what others are saying I like feed back, but also so far none that has replied to my build has taken into account what warforged traits are and undead traits are to fully understand what the toon can and cannot do. They are thinking only of WF or undead they have not considered all you get when you are both. As for the guy saying that 2 Pally would be better which in some ways i do agree with him but because of undead form and WF traits I do not need the extra saves, I cant be held, I cant be made to dance...etc. I Think that some know about the classes but dont know what traits come with each. But i play the toon I see what it can do. And i am relating what happens in game of what people are saying.
    So bad.

Nobody says that they can't do hard difficulty except noobs. Hard is not end game. Pale master warforged is not new and has been regurgitated hundreds of times on the forums. As I said earlier, you haven't listened to anyone and will continue playing on a subpar level.

That said, I have to sincerely say, if youre having fun with the build that's all that matters.

The op really should not use Wizard on a Bladeforged build like that. Do 2 Pal, 6 Monk, 12 Sorc. You have synergy between CHA for Sorc (unlike Wiz where you have zero synergies in the combination) allowing you to focus on CON as secondary and STR as tertiary stats. To synergize along the same lines for Wizard you'd go 12 Wiz, 2 Rogue, 6 Fighter - Max INT opens tons of pathways for Fighter as well as keeping your Rogue skills frosty, you could also do it with 2 Arti instead of Rogue, lose evasion, but have repeaters as a damage vector(I think going 12WIZ/6ART/2FTR might actually be a better split). The build you put together just has no binding undercurrent that makes it anything more than a novelty that gets scrapped at 20 when you TR into something else.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12