Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 76
  1. #1
    Uber Completionist luvirini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,376

    Default Epic XP will be lost

    According to https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...TR#post5020407

    We will lose our epic XP if we do not epic TR and instead TR normally, that is really going to hurt a lot. (as in No more TRing)

  2. #2
    Community Member Charononus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    5,345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luvirini View Post
    According to https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...TR#post5020407

    We will lose our epic XP if we do not epic TR and instead TR normally, that is really going to hurt a lot. (as in No more TRing)
    You lose all but one destinies worth with epic tr as well. It's a complete failure to be released at the same time as the failure that is the nge enhancment pass.

  3. #3
    The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council
    Dandonk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    5,274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    You lose all but one destinies worth with epic tr as well. It's a complete failure to be released at the same time as the failure that is the nge enhancment pass.
    /tinfoil hat on

    Making two unpopular changes at the same time, to split opposition to them and possibly to gain sympathy when you dial a little back on one of them.

    /tinfoil hat off

    /tinfoil hat off

    /tinfoil hat OFF

    Meh, I think I'm bugged.
    It's definitely an N-word.

  4. #4
    Community Member Charononus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    5,345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post
    /tinfoil hat on

    Making two unpopular changes at the same time, to split opposition to them and possibly to gain sympathy when you dial a little back on one of them.

    /tinfoil hat off

    /tinfoil hat off

    /tinfoil hat OFF

    Meh, I think I'm bugged.
    sadly it bugged on /tinfoil hat on, that's why you can't remove it, you never put it on.

  5. #5
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    3rd star from the left, and on til morning...
    Posts
    2,629

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post
    /tinfoil hat on

    Making two unpopular changes at the same time, to split opposition to them and possibly to gain sympathy when you dial a little back on one of them.

    /tinfoil hat off

    /tinfoil hat off

    /tinfoil hat OFF

    Meh, I think I'm bugged.
    Agent Caitlin 'Kate' Todd: You knew Lt. Roberts wasn't going to lawyer us access to the Military DNA Database.
    Special Agent Leroy Jethro Gibbs: Did I?
    Agent Caitlin 'Kate' Todd: You did. So why go through the exercise?
    Special Agent Leroy Jethro Gibbs: Kate, I come from a long line of horse traders. First Rule: You pick the best horse in the barn and you work the deal until it bursts.
    Special Agent Anthony DiNozzo: That way when you go for the second best nag you get her for a song.
    Agent Caitlin 'Kate' Todd: The search authorization...
    Special Agent Leroy Jethro Gibbs: We didn't have probable cause, but the Lieutenant, he's a man who aims to please. You never work the system when you can work the people.
    Agent Caitlin 'Kate' Todd: Did any of those horse traders get hung?
    Special Agent Leroy Jethro Gibbs: Yeah, a few.

  6. #6
    The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council
    Dandonk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    5,274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by My2Cents View Post
    Agent Caitlin 'Kate' Todd: You knew Lt. Roberts wasn't going to lawyer us access to the Military DNA Database.
    Special Agent Leroy Jethro Gibbs: Did I?
    Agent Caitlin 'Kate' Todd: You did. So why go through the exercise?
    Special Agent Leroy Jethro Gibbs: Kate, I come from a long line of horse traders. First Rule: You pick the best horse in the barn and you work the deal until it bursts.
    Special Agent Anthony DiNozzo: That way when you go for the second best nag you get her for a song.
    Agent Caitlin 'Kate' Todd: The search authorization...
    Special Agent Leroy Jethro Gibbs: We didn't have probable cause, but the Lieutenant, he's a man who aims to please. You never work the system when you can work the people.
    Agent Caitlin 'Kate' Todd: Did any of those horse traders get hung?
    Special Agent Leroy Jethro Gibbs: Yeah, a few.
    I love that series.

    And fitting, too
    It's definitely an N-word.

  7. #7
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    90

    Default Just...wow.

    All I can say is I simply LOATH the idea of getting rid of our Epic Destiny experience.

    This whole "bonding" destiny is just a load of BULL. It seems like a very very VERY cheap way of getting rid of all our hard work and a ROTTEN way of trying to extend their excuse of an "end game."

    It's actually a little pitiful, like, I'm seeing red. How much you wanna bet they also take away your "twists of fate" points? Oh but don't worry, the tome points will stay. You'll just have to farm like a madman to get all of your twists back.

    How messed up is it to devote time to "twists" as the new Epic Tr, only to release a system that basically wipes all of that work we put in clean? Sure, we'll get a few rewards back, but at the cost of deleting progress. And not in a fun way like normal TR.

    I've gotten my Epic Destinies and Fate Points THROUGH multiple TR grinding. I did not just park at 20 and max out every ED. To have all that work cleaned away just so I can partake in the new power creep is just DISGUSTING.

    How about, instead, you introduce EPIC RANK points JUST like Heroic Ranks. These EPIC RANKS don't do ANYTHING but "build your heroic ranks" like they propose all my HARD EARNED EPIC DESTINY ranks should do.

    Just disgusting behavior Turbine after your mess of a pre order. "Oh, our interns can't type so we false advertised for a few hours about bound to account items that are bound to character. Thanks for the hundred dollar pre orders anyway!"

    Hope Dev's are reading because I want them to see how seething this could make the community.

  8. #8
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,677

    Default

    Like regular TRs it's not a needed BONUS. Are you crushing content atm? If yes, do you really need "epic" TR? Then why not simply ignore it?

    It's something extra and new for those wishing to acquire even more power... it's not something that's being imposed to anyone as far as I know. Though agreed that's one grind I doubt i'll take part of, I don't see any ways it can be enjoyable with the current epic content.
    Kal Vas Flam... Corp Por... Corp Por

    ...And then there was silence

  9. #9
    Uber Completionist luvirini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,376

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Azarddoze View Post
    Like regular TRs it's not a needed BONUS. Are you crushing content atm? If yes, do you really need "epic" TR? Then why not simply ignore it?

    It's something extra and new for those wishing to acquire even more power... it's not something that's being imposed to anyone as far as I know. Though agreed that's one grind I doubt i'll take part of, I don't see any ways it can be enjoyable with the current epic content.

    It will stop normal TRing for any character with any ED xp unless you do the Epic TR thing.


    from the text:
    ---
    With any type of True Reincarnation, all Epic Destiny Levels earned will give you an advantage when you rebuild your character, by converting Destiny Levels into Heroic Ranks. Every level of Epic Destiny you have earned will count toward ranks earned for your next life. (Epic Destinies will not carry over to your next life, except those destinies that you have bonded in previous lives with ED TR.)
    ----

    Note the "ANY type" in the beginning and that they will wipe your ED xp at the end. Not just epic TR.

  10. #10
    Community Member PermaBanned's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    4,552

    Default

    So let me see if I have this right...
    Quote Originally Posted by Glin View Post
    (paraphrasing) Our plan is that in the near future, in order to gain maximum build/advantage for your character, in order for your character to have "done it all" and aquired every thing it can, you will have to not only run several if not all classes 3x; but also take each life to the current level cap (minimum of 28, may increase later) knowing that any destiny xp you earn beyond 1 full destinies worth will be a total waste (other than getting a few extra ranks at the start of your next life.) Similarly, any destiny xp leveling you've already done beyond 1 destinies worth will be rendered worthless, beyond getting a few extra ranks when you TR."
    I notice there is no mention of:

    A) What happens to fate points? Do these survive the new TR process, or do they have to be re-earned by bonding all the destinies?

    B) How do Iconics affect Completionist? Will all current completionists loose there benefits until they gain the Iconic past lives; thus leaving them no choice but to partake in the new system or loose out on there existing bonous?


    Thank you for sharing your long term plan. I think I don't like the planned means of extending game life. I won't say it's a game killer, I will say it sounds like a game killer for me. I'm no longer concerned about what you do with the enhancement pass.

    I think you've just gained another game company a minimum of $360 of my money, and I now look forward to running in the shadows more than crawling through the dungeon.
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow

  11. #11
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luvirini View Post
    It will stop normal TRing for any character with any ED xp unless you do the Epic TR thing.


    from the text:
    ---
    With any type of True Reincarnation, all Epic Destiny Levels earned will give you an advantage when you rebuild your character, by converting Destiny Levels into Heroic Ranks. Every level of Epic Destiny you have earned will count toward ranks earned for your next life. (Epic Destinies will not carry over to your next life, except those destinies that you have bonded in previous lives with ED TR.)
    ----

    Note the "ANY type" in the beginning and that they will wipe your ED xp at the end. Not just epic TR.
    Yep yep, totally missed that you are right. But I doubt it will stay that way... it just ain't right. What it does is you have to start with an Epic TR before you re-start chaining heroic lives so at least there's some kind of work around if you were playing epic levels at the moment and are capped. And willing to buy the expansion and reach 28. Maybe it's just a way to sell the expansion hehe.
    Kal Vas Flam... Corp Por... Corp Por

    ...And then there was silence

  12. #12
    Community Member Ivan_Milic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Thelanis
    Posts
    4,901

    Default

    Wont be tring then anymore if I will lose all my ed xp.

  13. #13
    Community Member Forzah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    2,713

    Default

    I'd probably do this then:

    -Level to lvl 28 and epic TR into a new class. Bond a destiny with a tier 1 or tier 2 twist that you like for the new class.
    -Level to 28 again, and pick up two destinies while doing so. Bond one of them for your new TR. Next life you start at lvl 3-4.
    -Repeat until you got the past lifes for all classes and all epic destinies.
    -Once you've done this, pick up all other past lifes, this goes very fast since you can start at lvl 12 and TR again at lvl 20.

    If you do this right, you can in the end pick up past lifes a lot quicker than you can now, and you can very quickly change build.

  14. #14
    Community Member NaturalHazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    8,866

    Default

    Did they *have* to even touch ED xp at all? Would it be game breaking to have it not be effected by tr?

  15. #15
    Community Member Chai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin, birthplace of D&D
    Posts
    20,913

    Default

    1. Insert arbitrary unreasonably long grind, for no other reason than making it longer.
    2. Wait it out - lots of complaints occur. Eventually complaints die down to a minimum.
    3. Insert paid method of mitigating arbitrary unreasonably long grind into store.
    4. ???
    5. Profit. The players rejoice.

    As TR occurred, so shall epic TR. Soon enough most people will forget the entire fact that the only reason people want to pay to mitigate the grind is because of the arbitrary irritation designed into it, as they express their full support of allowing us to pay to save time.

    With no raid, I was wondering what was going to replace timer bypass as the money maker. We just found out.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

  16. #16
    Community Member Forzah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    2,713

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalHazard View Post
    Did they *have* to even touch ED xp at all? Would it be game breaking to have it not be effected by tr?
    You have to touch ED xp in some way, else it doesn't make much sense to TR a destiny.

  17. #17
    Community Member Ryiah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,852

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Milic View Post
    Wont be tring then anymore if I will lose all my ed xp.
    I would go one step further - determine all your characters you wish to TR and do so right now. This change to the system should not be retroactive.
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    Toy Soldiers

  18. #18
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,705

    Default

    I'm sure this won't be a popular opinion, but IMO anyone who "grinds" XP and then feels unhappy about it being "lost" has missed the entire point of playing a game. It's supposed to be about having fun, not enduring hours of tedium to "get somewhere". If you find yourself miserable, you're doing something wrong.

    Also, what's the big attachment to XP at the epic levels anyway? I used to be impressed with the millions of XP that epic-level players had, until I recently played some of the epic content myself. Basically, you can't swing a dead cat above level 20 without getting boatloads of XP. For kicks I joined a Rusted Blades group for a few runs (even though I was only level 22) and my guess is that those people were pulling over 500,000 XP per hour easily. Try getting even a tenth of that at level 18.

    I ran Beyond the Rift on epic normal, just a poorly-geared paladin and a hire, and we blew through the whole thing without even needing a rest shrine and got over 20,000 XP in just a few minutes.

    In short, epic XP is a joke. The current epic system could very much benefit from overhauling and expansion and it's a good thing to give people options beyond just getting to the "end game", which everyone will be continually bored with no matter how many raids they add. Just as everyone got bored with it before epic levels came around.

  19. #19
    Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    work....
    Posts
    30,169

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luvirini View Post
    It will stop normal TRing for any character with any ED xp unless you do the Epic TR thing.


    from the text:
    ---
    With any type of True Reincarnation, all Epic Destiny Levels earned will give you an advantage when you rebuild your character, by converting Destiny Levels into Heroic Ranks. Every level of Epic Destiny you have earned will count toward ranks earned for your next life. (Epic Destinies will not carry over to your next life, except those destinies that you have bonded in previous lives with ED TR.)
    ----

    Note the "ANY type" in the beginning and that they will wipe your ED xp at the end. Not just epic TR.
    That is what ticks me off. Instead of granting you the XP you earned, they are taking the stupid cheep way of ranks. Which given the pass they are going to do means you are going to loose a LOT of xp unless you've never gotten to epics ever.

  20. #20
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,705

    Default

    It's never really made any sense to me how it is you start out at level 1 again after you TR, have to re-earn 4.3 million heroic XP, and then *boom* you have all of your epic destinies again in their full glory.

    I'm sure they did it that way at first so people wouldn't stop TRing altogether, but the proposed system makes a lot more logical sense, as long as they address the XP curve issues.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload