Community Member

Default AwesomiumProcess.exe*32

What is this? It has appeared in my processes since Update 18 (I do not remember seeing before). It starts 7 copies of itself.

It comes in every time I start DDO.

What does it do? Does it speed things up? I have notice the DDO store is much faster than it was for the last year or two.

But DDO takes up 1.4 GIGAbyte by itself. And now 7 more processes?? I have 12GB on my system so no great problem but my alternate (backup) system has only 3GB. I can barely run the game on that system anymore. (I used to verify that AwesomiumProcess was from DDO as I have not used the backup in over a year. And yes after 2 hours of updates, when I started DDO, the 7 processes started too.)

Community Member

It's the way DDO is handling the built-in web browser to access the Store, Help, and the ex-MyDDO. I don't know exactly what they other four copies are for, but that's three of them.

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

OP, if you won't go searching for the many threads on this topic already, learn to use "Dev Tracker"

You can search for it on this page if you don't see it at the top easily.

Yes, I'm teaching you to fish. Question is if you are hungry enough to learn or not. I'll give you some bait. It was a post by Major in his end of the week thread.

2015 DDO Players Council Ironforge_Clan's Avatar

Task Manager is your friend....end all but one instance. Yes it is a pain in the rear but it beats having 10+ instances running when you need to switch between characters.
    Axebiter, Cujo, Runeforge, Runefury, Runegoth, Runehealer, Runehamer, Runehorde, Runenight, Runesongs, Runezephyr
    And the forgotten: Runeaura, Runedevourer, Herstinkie, Runewolf,
    Caught somewhere between casual player and power gamer.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    OP, if you won't go searching for the many threads on this topic already, learn to use "Dev Tracker"

You can search for it on this page if you don't see it at the top easily.

Yes, I'm teaching you to fish. Question is if you are hungry enough to learn or not. I'll give you some bait. It was a post by Major in his end of the week thread.
    I did try to search. There is a search box. I entered in various tries, Awesom, Awesomium, AwesomiumProcess, AwesomiumProcess.exe, and AwesomiumProcess.exe*32.

I also started going through the various areas of the forums looking at the titles of various threads and finally got tired of it. I actually feared someone had done a thread on this but could not find it. I hate having to answer the same question a dozen plus times so do not like having others to suffer the same. I did see Dev Tracker and started scanning down the list but it seemed every reply was being listed as the same thread name was listed over and over. When I went to page 2, I saw there were 152 pages and stopped there.

I had assumed the search function when performed at the very top (before breaking into like Dev Tracker) would search all areas. After your reply I went to Dev Tracker and repeated the search, it worked on the first one I looked for, "Awesomium".

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TalieNeEllyll View Post
    I did try to search. There is a search box. I entered in various tries, Awesom, Awesomium, AwesomiumProcess, AwesomiumProcess.exe, and AwesomiumProcess.exe*32.
    Don't use that search box. Go into the "advanced search" honestly. Same as the previous forums, that default search box is worthless. And as the advanced search has changed from the previous forums (first time I've hit it was for this), this is how I did a search.

tab: "search multiple content types"
    checkmark: all types
    keyword: Awesomium
    user name: <just leave this blank>
    rest of the fields: you can leave at the default.

Use the 2nd "search now" button that is to the right of the "Find Posts/Sort Results By" fields.

Result: 25 threads all relating to this ****.

Also, Dev Tracker. Doesn't look like you took the bait as if you go to the very first one listed for Major under his "end of the week" as you scroll down the first page, it will take you to his post explaining why there are so many of this junk and why that is so. (and while the bug may be real, anyone who has a clue about how operating systems runs realize that the line of "doesn't use any more resources than before" is a load of bunk.)

Community Member

Angry Any resolution to this yet? I haven't seen one.

I'm curious if there has been any fix for this or configuration changes that can be made to minimize the impact. I'm getting a new system soon, but there should be no problem with this. It's a shame that changes like this aren't resolved more quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by TalieNeEllyll View Post
    What is this? It has appeared in my processes since Update 18 (I do not remember seeing before). It starts 7 copies of itself.

It comes in every time I start DDO.

What does it do? Does it speed things up? I have notice the DDO store is much faster than it was for the last year or two.

But DDO takes up 1.4 GIGAbyte by itself. And now 7 more processes?? I have 12GB on my system so no great problem but my alternate (backup) system has only 3GB. I can barely run the game on that system anymore. (I used to verify that AwesomiumProcess was from DDO as I have not used the backup in over a year. And yes after 2 hours of updates, when I started DDO, the 7 processes started too.)