Community Member

Default Bards and wizards ward

So I have a bard and I'm thinking of getting a wizards ward(orb offhand) for the +2 all spell schools mod
    But don't actually know if I can use it as it says magical training as the item type and has the not proficient ! Symbol
    So before I wasted money buying one to see if I could use it I thought I'd ask if anyone knew
    Thanks

Community Member

I read that But it says characters with this feat are considered proficient with orbs, so if it is just a proficiency surely I can just masters touch and use it /shrug

Founder

Quote Originally Posted by paulmowty View Post
    I read that But it says characters with this feat are considered proficient with orbs, so if it is just a proficiency surely I can just masters touch and use it /shrug
    Masters Touch only works on "simple or martial weapons or shields".

http://ddowiki.com/page/Master's_Touch

The Wizard's Ward is classified as an "Orb" so I don't know that it would work. Maybe someone will reply who has tried.

You can spend the feat for magical training or wait until the enhancement pass to get it. Bards were previously sort of left out of the big casters club for some reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine
    a powerful ally able to play in any role that the group needs
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zonbLF-NMZg

Community Member

so i got one anyway and you dont need any feat to use one to get all the benefits it all works great tho you get a ! non proficient sign pop up but it doesnt effect it in any way