Thread: Not Loading

Exclamation Not Loading

Today my brother and I decided to play some DDO, however, when we picked our toons and hit enter our loading screen would freeze. We have rebooted our game and the computers, but, this did not fix it. If there is any way to fix it please let me know,

Sincerely The_Silver_Flame
    Cannith LVL 5 arti warforge

playing a different game seems to help

Quote Originally Posted by The_Silver_Flame View Post
    Today my brother and I decided to play some DDO, however, when we picked our toons and hit enter our loading screen would freeze. We have rebooted our game and the computers, but, this did not fix it. If there is any way to fix it please let me know,

How long is it staying frozen before you close the client and give up? There is currently a bit of an issue some people (like me) are reporting where the first login after a cold boot takes an extremely long time and eventually fails. Then the second login attempt works normally.
    The problem is never how to get new, innovative thoughts into your mind, but how to get old ones out. Every mind is a building filled with archaic furniture. Clean out a corner of your mind and creativity will instantly fill it.
    Dee Hock

Founder

Quote Originally Posted by The_Silver_Flame View Post

Instead of rebooting your computer, quit the game and wait for a few minutes for it to completely close out (check the processes in the Task Manager if you want). Then restart the game and try again. It helps for the partially-loaded game to still be in your computer memory when you restart again.