Page 88 of 89 FirstFirst ... 3878848586878889 LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,760 of 1769
    Community Member

Default Confused about epic

Quote Originally Posted by SisAmethyst View Post
    Wait wait wait, do I get this right we suddenly loose our Epic Destiny progress when we TR? You mean the fact that some players TRed at level 25 to already unlock other Destinies will suddenly get the short end? I can't say I am very fond of that idea. Or do you expect that we first start to Epic TR to bond them so we not loose our progress on reincarnation? So all players that already unlocked all of them and invested fate points would loose everything? Or do I miss something?
    Yea I'm. Very confuse what even happens when u get ur epic lils is it like just extra **** or do u become a better point build or u get something extra for your 3rd life can someone please explain becuase I'm on my 3rd life

Quote Originally Posted by Thenoname View Post
    Yea I'm. Very confuse what even happens when u get ur epic lils is it like just extra **** or do u become a better point build or u get something extra for your 3rd life can someone please explain becuase I'm on my 3rd life
    There's nothing to explain. Nothing has been decided at all. We won't know anything until closer to Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverleafeon View Post
    ...snip
    Thank you for collating the dev posts!

I for one am very much awaiting a way to earn heroic past lives while playing Epic content. I LIKE my capped character! He has all the feats i want, destiny i want, enhancements, etc. I STILL have never TR'd, but man i wish I could get some of those cool past life feats. I just want to work towards that goal while playing the character i have worked so hard to build!

Some builds are only fun at higher levels or with epic destinies (ranged builds come to mind). There needs to be a XP bank for players who enjoy playing at cap for TR.
    Making DDO a better game 1 post at a time!

Triple EVERYTHING Completionist= Heroic 42/42, Iconic 12/12, Epic 36/36

No that should definitely not be the case. To get a heroic past life you should live through that life!

Default Some new ideas on TR system

I was reading mostly developer's posts and I found a good list of goals for TR changes in Piloto post.
    We have multiple goals with a system like this, such as:
    • Give players the new option of TR-ing at level cap.
    • Give players more things to achieve with a high level TR type character (like epic destiny past life feats and build points).
    • Allow Iconic Hero characters to use the reincarnation system.
    • Optimize the system to help people have a good play experience. (This is a tough one, because there are different opinions on what a “good play experience” is, but this could mean giving incentives to concentrate on different Epic Destinies than were played in the previous life, for example.)
    • And as a less design-oriented but equally important goal: If changes are needed that affect players’ current investment, compensate them for the changes.
    Vargouille also pointed that high complexity is directly connected to number of bugs in the game.
    See https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...38#post5024238

I would like to suggest simple approach that allows characters and game to scale and keeps consistent way to get benefits of ED for characters.

Please notice that I'm deliberately putting out of scope the ways how ED investment would be compensated. I am quite sure that fair solution will be found.

I suggest to use as a model the heroic Enhancement system. It looks like it maps pretty well on ED and more epic content that I hope will come. It means that heroic and epic tiers become very similar:

• Both have a level cap. When it's reached character can TR (heroic at lvl 20 and epic on lvl 8 or whatever)
    • Leveling to the cap allows to earn Action Ppints that can be invested in Enhancement
    • Leveling up allow multiclassing with some well defined constraints.
    • Multiclassing brings a new Enhancement tree.
    • Player can distribute AP earned in any tree.
    • Epic TR will include heroic TR.

This model can be extended for more tiers. If developers want to add let say "epic extreme" and may be later "ultimate epic" tiers it could be using the same model (less implementation efforts and bugs). The only difference will be in the value and balance of enhancements.

I guess it is not very difficult to map current ED to Enhancement. For example, +2 Fate Points Tome could be translated to +1 Epic Multiclass Tome that gives one more class to be used when leveling. Every new life may bring additional AP (let say +2 AP in the class tree per past life limited by MAX) This "Past Life" bonus looks much more appealing than predefined feats.

In general it is very simple to explain this concept and easy to balance and scale. The most important this idea seems to be very well aligned with goals and developer's concerns I quoted.
    Last edited by luboolis; 08-27-2013 at 09:38 PM.

Community Member

Based on what we saw in the last couple of months, it would be the best if they just forget this whole idea. Please, don't make another system, don't do things which are just toooo big of a challenge, because at the end failure will be the only option...

FIX THE GAME FIRST!!

Community Member

Based on what we saw in the last couple of months, it would be the best if they just forget this whole idea. Please, don't make another system, don't do things which are just toooo big of a challenge, because at the end failure will be the only option...

FIX THE GAME FIRST!!

On the off chance the devs even read this is there any chance that you devs can make a significant investment in the end game instead of in this true reincarnation or at least a comparable investment. I am really disheartened in the lack of investment put forth and the steady exodus in end game players.

Mr. Rowan you have some creative staff can you have them create a new system enhancing the end game. For starters the epic destiny xp system should not deter someone from being in their best destiny or close to their best destiny so that should be changed.

Let's see for e.g. have a system with heroic type condemnations which can enhance end game gear whatever it is. Consistently, give someone the option of upgrading their gear that way so if someone chooses they can keep their existing gear and keep working on their gear. That being said provide new gear options with interesting choices so a player can swap out for newer gear or keep upgrading their existing gear. An example would be the Twilight Staff which has a +3 focus in a school allow a player the option of upgrading that to a +5 school, but give someone a new named item which has a clicky to get someone to a +6 in a school, but only has a +4 school normally, but is not easy for someone to swap to from the Twilight.

Make sure to provide gear only ability options that are not in enhancements or epic destinies.
    Eg.
    - weapons that will allow someone to remain hidden when attacking for 5 seconds so someone can assassinate another target even during failed attempt
    - weapon which applies a vulnerable effect when an illusion spell is cast on a target even when it makes its save
    -two handed weapon that does hand and a half for dex or other ability scores
    -gear item that applies strength to will saves instead of wisdom.
    -etc..

Enhance the xp benefits for doing sagas on epic elite. Instead of 150k they should give 500k or there abouts.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by Silverleafeon View Post
    *snip*
    Thank for consolidating the developer posts. However I am puzzled by the commentary you provide. I get your referring to yourself in the 3rd person but I question where you get information like this:

Please note that the second paragraph, first line is should be read like thus:
    We understand your concern about losing Epic Destiny XP upon reincarnation,
    and we understand your concern about not getting enough in return.
    And, but not limited to this:

Note this contains a typo replace the word "overstating" with "understating".
    If it should have read the way you typed it, it should be edited or amended by an official rep in a subsequent post for the sake of clarity.

In a topic that has such high emotions and opinions such as this one, anything not directly posted by an official representative is hearsay. And while I have no doubt your intent is positive, it stills begs the question as to the veracity of your statements. I don't know whether to believe it or not since it's coming from a 3rd party (you). And I rarely believe much of anything posted here that isn't from an Official Rep. Rumors/speculation run rampant here even without people adding to the mystery. And I know if it is confusing to me, it's probably confusing to many other people.

Just an idea..it would be nice to run in your chosen destiny and still earn destiny xp for another one.It could be done that should your current fav destiny be capped that the destiny xp earned while capped is banked..and could be spent later on another destiny. It would just need a spend button on other destinys..and you could apply that xp to whichever one you like,when you like.

And off topic but id also like to see a full reward list of named items for raid completions on 20/40/60th's etc.I have 5 capped (were capped till SF went live) toons some with 80+ completions on certain raids.As of yet i have never got the item i would like from an aniversary reward list.Once i even got skunked 3 times in one day..lol 40th ToD,20th Vod one toon got no ring,no tharnes..then another toon 40th tod no ring again.Just one day..was somewhat dissapointed.Like i said i have never got the reward i would like ever.DDO hates me

Sorry if this is not quiet on topic but just my 2 pennys worth.
    Guild leader of Blade Runners of Thelanis
    Azrik elf 1st life forever AA (28),Cromelia THF dwarf mulitclass barb alternative build TR3ETR1(28),Workshy human monkcher TR3ETR1 (28),Barrabash human kensei ip TR3ETR ,Endorfines TWF dwarf fighter(25).

Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    Enhance the xp benefits for doing sagas on epic elite. Instead of 150k they should give 500k or there abouts.
    Not a chance. 250K at most but 150k is fine. The quest XP definitely needs to change but not saga XP.
    Characters - Brion, Damerchant, Deathbot, Goode-, Minusten, Sepiriz, Spiritstrike, Stee, Steilh, Vorpaal, Wyllye, Yaga, Yagalicious, Yga. RIP - Catpizzle and Qazpe
    Beware My Gifts!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ozrik View Post
    Just an idea..it would be nice to run in your chosen destiny and still earn destiny xp for another one....
    The ability to do that was already nixed.

Community Member

Default new system suggestion

Hello since i can see Devs are reading this thread and might consider it for new system i will put my 2 cents to the discussion.

The idea of reincarnating ED is nice but losing all the effort put into different EDs is plainly wasted, I think you should be able to bind one destiny which after reincarnation would be reset to 0 xp. This kinda makes sense as it would grant you ED-PL feat for your next life and you would bind the destiny corresponding to your next life. The XP needed to progress bound ED could increase same way as heroic XP does during reincarnation. This system allows players that grinded EDs to retain them, allows to grind EDs with new system active as you only reset one ED XP after reincanating. Also solves issue with earned fate points and maybe allows putting more fate points in play having players to get additional fate point for each newly gained ED after reincarnating.

maybe my suggestion might be too considerate to players i am sure devs will find fine line between their aim with new EDTRs and our complains

ramichi @ argonnessen

u19 is done, so please can we know already what wil be the ED pl feats? Its hard to give feedback if we dont even know it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellihor View Post
    u19 is done, so please can we know already what wil be the ED pl feats? Its hard to give feedback if we dont even know it.
    This is really key. What am I possibly giving up all my fate points and ED XP for? Is the fury past life something like "You were wild and furious in a past life, you have 1 Adrenaline/rest" or is it "You were wild and furious in a past life, you gain Sense Weakness as a past life feat"? The first one is pretty worthless and definitely not worth much sacrifice. Sacrificing fate points to get a level 4 twist is a different story.

here's the thing, if you guys insist on wiping the ED exp on Epic TR, then give us a past life for each ED we maxed when we TR
    PS: Greensteel RUINED the game! and you all know it!
    less buffing, more nerfing!!!
    to make it easier for those of you that wants to avoid me in game, all my characters are in "Bladesworn Mercenaries"

Just a head's up, guys, that epic TR will NOT wipe out your destiny xp or fate points.

Epic TR will take you back to level 20 (with your same heroic build) but leave all your destinies intact.

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Just a head's up, guys, that epic TR will NOT wipe out your destiny xp or fate points.

Epic TR will take you back to level 20 (with your same heroic build) but leave all your destinies intact.
    Epic TR CAN take you back to 20, or it CAN take you back to level 1.

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post

it's been confirmed on an ETR your race and classes stay the same?

Page 88 of 89 FirstFirst ... 3878848586878889 LastLast